Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
next on the agenda

ok halifax what would u like to see next we are on a roll so give me some thoughts /idears/ur thoughts what u the fans would like to see thank u halifax looking a head to the next show the caveman /robert

Re: next on the agenda

Hey Robert as far as fights go I think 3 pro fights would be good. Get a heavyweight fight in there and maybe Craid Hillier on the next show. Improve on the amature card. We have so much amature talent in halifax but they were not used at all. Scrap the novice fighters and save them for all amature shows and showcase the more experienced amature fighters.

Change of venue would be nice. People dont like standing and it would be nice to get the Forum. Doesn't have to be flashy. No crazy lights or smoke. Just good music like you always have and cheap general admission tickets. 20 bucks a head. I bet if you get a known fighter for Tyson with a strong amature undercard then you will sell the Forum out. And the growing sponsors will help pay the costs of renting the place. I know lots of people who wanted tickets for this show but they were sold out. All the best. Great show you put on the other day.

You should consider bringing this guy in for Tyson. It would be a good measuring stick to see where Tyson really stands in this game. Time is now to do this.

Guys name is Feliciano Dario Azuaga Ledesma. Search it on Boxrec. He fought some really tough competition.

kooner?

It looks like this guy looses to anyone with a winning record,Feliciano Dario Azuaga Ledesma, and has for quite a long time. Does not look like a good measuring stick at all. A good measuring stick would be an 'actual' prospect, not an aging fighter.

I hear what your saying but the only reason I mentioned him ME is because he recently fought Steve Molitor. I'd like to see how Tyson would do. Steve Molitor KO'd him in 5. Id like to see if Tyson would dominate him. If so it would be a good guage to see if he can step in there with a world champ such as Molitor.

Ghizmo78
I hear what your saying but the only reason I mentioned him ME is because he recently fought Steve Molitor. I'd like to see how Tyson would do. Steve Molitor KO'd him in 5. Id like to see if Tyson would dominate him. If so it would be a good guage to see if he can step in there with a world champ such as Molitor.

I give him credit for giving casey a good fight, and give credit to his management for getting him the right fights.
However, he is nowhere near the level of Molitor yet.....

Since the Hayward fight will never happen now, I guess whoever they can find.... Bolum looked good on paper, got a small time world title out of it too.... Gonna have to step it up again though to progress.
What about Kooner or Gauthier, what are they doing?

Kooner and Gauthier have already turned down fights with Tyson and when he finally accepted a fight with Gauthier they ended up backing out. Tyson has went on the record many times and has called them both out. They do not want to fight Tyson at this time. I dont blame them.

Ghizmo78
Kooner and Gauthier have already turned down fights with Tyson and when he finally accepted a fight with Gauthier they ended up backing out. Tyson has went on the record many times and has called them both out. They do not want to fight Tyson at this time. I dont blame them.

Tyson also went on the record and called out Hayward, but we won't get into that.

I guess it depends on who wants Tyson's title then?
Is there anybody in Montreal around Tyson's weight? What would be the next logical step? Probably depends on what world title he's going after, what organization he's tring to get ranked with.
He's built up a prety good record, he should be attractive to somebody to fight. Maybe even a financial backer, who knows?

Congrats Tyson & Dave.....I think Tyson vs Kooner would be great if it could be arranged.....

Steve Cannell vs Jason Hayward for the Canadian SBW title would be a great fight....or if Hayward's retired, Steve vs Omar Valdez....

One thing for sure is that you need a larger venue, even last year when Tyson fought "superman" fans were walking away because general admission was sold out.....that's no way to build up the active fan base...especially this time when you sold out early for a fight that would have em coming back!

john my name cave not dave

caveman
john my name cave not dave

Ghizmo's is though.

get the kooner or gauthier fight cave.get r done.thats what ppl want to see.

ns
get the kooner or gauthier fight cave.get r done.thats what ppl want to see.

Did you read this thread?

we are having a warm up fight in march what ever dick and micky ward suggestwe will go with may for a wbc title defense in hali and from there who knows may kooner or gauiter the cave man

caveman
we are having a warm up fight in march what ever dick and micky ward suggestwe will go with may for a wbc title defense in hali and from there who knows may kooner or gauiter the cave man

If they already turned down that fight do you think they'll change their minds?

i really dont believe they turned it down.if so what was the reason...money,location??

Thats fine NS you can believe that. According to my interview with Tyson, and it is on the record, both Sebastians team asked Tyson to fight. He agreed then they backed out. This is on the record. He called them out both over and over again before he won the wbc title. Now that he has the title he plans on going a different path now.

Ghizmo78
Thats fine NS you can believe that. According to my interview with Tyson, and it is on the record, both Sebastians team asked Tyson to fight. He agreed then they backed out. This is on the record. He called them out both over and over again before he won the wbc title. Now that he has the title he plans on going a different path now.

Tyson's version is on the record.. Where can we find verifiable evidence that Gauthier or Kooner said no? He called out hayward on video, and we know how that ended by looking in these threads.
Doesn't really matter now anyways, its done with.

thank god for happiness

caveman
thank god for happiness

Cave Man Rocks who else in NS, Does ???

we are rocking in may in hali /see u all then caveman

Is Tyson going to be on the NB card?

yes

Just read yesterday that steve cannell has been handed a medical suspension so will miss a March 19 fight in Montreal against Gauthier............I think from that they really aren't going to want a fight w/ Tyson!!!!!!

I also have to wonder why? Tyson is fighting Wasswa after he's already lost twice to Cannell, what's to gain?

warm up fight to keep busy

i was in the gym with tyson today and he is lookin sharp and hitting hard. his conditioning is great and i think he will be a real threat to anyone at 118.

Does any know why Steve was suspended???

thumb in eye during fight with wassa

Yeah I heard the news. Hopefully he heals up quick.