Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Does Bob Arum believe what he preaches

Honest to god I believe Arum thinks the boxing public are a bunch of naive clowns willing to swallow anything he puts forth.Boxing will heal itself once he is gone.He needs to make real fights and stop pitting his stable against itself,I know boxing is a business but lets not forget the boxing public pays his fighters and himself,we deserve to be treated better.Just read a couple of his latest statements trying to justify his decisions,at least Don King for all his faults put together great fights.

Re: Does Bob Arum believe what he preaches

Quote: R Payne
Honest to god I believe Arum thinks the boxing public are a bunch of naive clowns willing to swallow anything he puts forth.Boxing will heal itself once he is gone.He needs to make real fights and stop pitting his stable against itself,I know boxing is a business but lets not forget the boxing public pays his fighters and himself,we deserve to be treated better.Just read a couple of his latest statements trying to justify his decisions,at least Don King for all his faults put together great fights.

He's quite something.
I lost all respect when he said in a TV interview MMA fighters looked like homosexuals rolling around on the ground, and said they had no skills and were all failed boxers.
I don't think many people tell him no, and hes so used to having yes people around hes getting delusional.
What do you think Rick, I'd like to see more regualtions of some sort to get rid of parasites like him.......

Kamala I,m with you cat ,Arum like a lot of other promoters are giving boxing a bad taste .All Arum is concerned about is his bank account.If he cared about the paying public he would make concessions to the other promoters and make the big fights instead of hand picking apponents trying to keep the belts in his stable .One other thing I like both boxing and MMA,they are both combat sports fought by skilled and tough individuals who get my respect.

Quote: Kamala
I lost all respect when he said in a TV interview MMA fighters looked like homosexuals rolling around on the ground, and said they had no skills and were all failed boxers.

You lost all respect? Man, this was one of the best interviews I've ever seen!
Funny stuff!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&v=yE_tsPatoBU

Cotto is going to fight Myorga,in my humble opinion that is a high risk low reward fight for Cotto,what ever you say about Myorga the guy can crack.After the tough fights Cotto has been in ,this is not the fight I would have picked for him.King and Arum get together and this is the best they can come up with?How does Myorga deserve a shot in the first place?Why were Pacman and Margarito fighting for the 154 title when neither guy made any kind of an impact in the division ,there should be a law!

Cotto is going to fight Myorga,in my humble opinion that is a high risk low reward fight for Cotto,what ever you say about Myorga the guy can crack.After the tough fights Cotto has been in ,this is not the fight I would have picked for him.King and Arum get together and this is the best they can come up with?How does Myorga deserve a shot in the first place?Why were Pacman and Margarito fighting for the 154 title when neither guy made any kind of an impact in the division ,there should be a law!

Same old crap, I totally agree Rick.
Briggs gets a shot at a title, Holyfield gets a shot after beating nobody, it happens constantly.
These guys have actually been caught bribing the governing bodys, but its a hard hard thing to prove without having it on tape.
I think MMA is even worse, Dana White has the whole UFC in his stable and he basically decides who fights who, when, where, and for how much. He even controls what UFC fighters can endorse. Then I see what they make on the fight channel, the top UFC guy ( Brock ) makes 400k per fight.... and the PPV numbers are around the same as a big boxing match. WTF?
I remember John MaCain was trying to get some kind of Government body to oversee boxing in the states, but I have not heard anything about that for a while now.
hate to see fighters get exploited.

Ya kinda hand picked but I've enjoyed the matchups for Pac Man...Margarito, Hatton, Cotto, Delahoya, Clottey were all good picks for him since Mayweather isnt happening.

Who are some of the other fighters Arum has and what are the matchups you want to see?

I'd like to see Marquez fight Manny again

Kamala I,m on the same Page as you are cat.Margarita vs Myorga would be a crowd pleaser and they deserve each other,two ****ups .How about Manny fighting some of the 140 fighter's Alexander Kotelnik Madaina,hell I,d even watch him and Judah,they are fast and in their prime.I do not Put any blame on Manny he is doing boxing justice.

D Fredy Roach just recently stated that he too wanted to see Marquez and Manny next.They have unfinished business.Manny comes in at 148/143 fight nigth ,some light weights come in at that weight.Make the fight at 140.If anyone deserves a fight with Manny it is Marquez.What is Mayweather doing,for all his rude behavior the guy is a wizard in the ring.He would do boxing a great deed if he could pull himself together and return to confront his crtics.Lord knows he and Manny would give boxing a gift.Kamala I never liked Dana White,seem's as though he does not appretiate a finesse fighter taking his time to break down thier apponent,s ,he wants human **** fights.Thank god for GSP and Silva.

Ahh I didn't know Roach wanted that fight, maybe after Mosely it'll happen then.

I agree Dana White has so much control. Huge Job insecurity mixed with small purses and huge Knock out Bonuses forces most guys to be very aggressive.

Imagine if all the Boxers were under one promotion and they all felt they needed a KO bonus to help feed their family. There would be some intense fights.

Ray Leonard ,Ali,Holmes,Chavez,Whittiker,Mayweather,Jones JR.,Sanchez,Lopez,Monzon,Anderson Silva,B J Penn and GSP all of them technical fighters, that is only mentioning a few, all outlasted the brawlers they faced,all hall of famers, did not depend on the k.o..They empolyed, skill,endurance,will,ring generalship, balance,power,distance,speed,and strengnth of heart, to to win ,if the k.o. came it came naturally it was not forced.I like an intense fight as does any fight fan,but these are sport's not back ally blood fights.Look at what Silva did to Griffin ,total domination .Styles make fights.

Totally agree with you guys.
I guess in one way, it can be a good thing for fans if all the fighters are under one promotion IE generally good fights, crowd pleasing fights.
But I've also seen dana take guys like Brock, and hand pick opponents, overhype and such. I also found it very interesing when Brock was rated #2 in the world behind fedor, when Brock had about all of 4 fights....
I agree with what you said about dana not respecting finess guys too Rick, I'm almost getting the feeling he's trying to throw Machida to the wolves right now.
The guy had to fight Shogun twice in a row, followed by Rampage ( both losses ) and now Couture? Talk about a tough year, wow.
I'd just like to see them make a few more $$$, thats all. If Dana wants to have them kill each other or whatever, just make sure they get whats fair.
The fight channel gives the numbers, and usually the gate alone covers all the purses and then some... the Carwin/Brock fight was over a million PPV buys too,at what 50 or 60 bucks, and Carwin got 40k.... IMHO thats a disgrace.

I can Recall Dana white insulting Roy Big Country on T.v.,what a ***** ,the guy comes to fight and put it on the line for you and Dana insults the guy every chance he could on national T.V..Well is was good to see Big Roy prove him wrong.Dana is an arrogant pig ,I don't believe its the promoters job to insult the guys who are laying it on the line.He even had the gall to give Silva grief for not engaging enough in his fights.40k for Carwin is a kick in the nuts,just another greedy ***** living off the blood of brave young men.Just read on boxingscene.com that boxing because of the bickering promoters is losing the best fights,greed and arrogance again screwing the paying puplic.Guys like White and Arum have little respect for decency,real leaches.Kamala is there a way around these crooks.How many world champs can there be in just one world.

Ah sorry Rick, I didn't mean to say I wanted boxing fights to be brawls under 1 promotion like the ufc.
Just that the Manny KO's get on sportscenter and the general fans excited and $$.
I liked watching Willie Pep, Whitaker, Pirog as much as a Fedor haymaker KO :)

I'm looking forward to the 8man elimination Strikeforce Tournament, I think they have the best HW division.
UFC has Brock on TUF instead this year in response,the ratings monster, I Agree with you Kamala, Brock's ranking was based on a lot of hype.

Sometimes the competition with diff. promoters is good, ideally when 2 promotions can work together (pride/ufc) (Arum/GoldenBoy) So many small promotor in boxing and not many big names though.

I dont read that much on boxing but I thought Arum ran out of fighters for Pacquio in his stable and needs to work with people like Don King and others to get fights?

I don't really know what can be done outside of maybe more Government regulation, much as I hate to say it.
The whole system almost seems like its designed for the most cut-throat ruthless people to get to the top ...Guys like King, Arum or dana white.
I still believe that if a guy is supremely talented, he will get noticed, get sponsored, and get places.
Really, really hard tough without good management and $$$.......
I don't really know the whole situation with Manny, mayweathers the only logical contender at this point IMHO.... two guys at or near their peak... would be a great fight too, the boxer vs. the fighter.
I would love to see that fight.
Its easy to say that boxing is losing the best fights because of all the bickering, and its true to a point, but I hate the UFC's politics even more... I've seen Dana bash Silva like you mentioned rick, bash refs, even bash judges..... and anybody who's not in the UFC.
He Bashed Kimbo constantly until Kimbo was in TUF lol... And he started bashing Fedor when he wouldn't sign.
I read the biggest sticking point with Fedor was Fedor's promotor (M1Global ?) wanted to do a co-promotion, which would have meant the UFC opening up its books...... nobodys knows the profits the UFC makes because its not a publicly traded company... but look at the fighter purses, and what a PPV costs, and how many they do.... IMHO easily in the hundreds of millions a year.....

D and Kamala ,I like reading your imput,good to see people care.Maybe if enough fans rock the boat ,the promoters will look after their fighters and help improve the sport to where its fair.Some how, as long as the money rolls their way, i doubt nothing will change .

D and Kamala ,I like reading your imput,good to see people care.Maybe if enough fans rock the boat ,the promoters will look after their fighters and help improve the sport to where its fair.Some how, as long as the money rolls their way, i doubt nothing will change .

It been happening for longer than any of us has been alive.
I think if enough fans got to see what we've seen behind the scenes, maybe opinions would change.
IMHO the casual fight fan has no idea how the game works, or just how unfair it really is.
Maybe a reality TV show, with a real life Rocky in it? A fighter who has to work on the side, takes short notice fights on the road, and is usually the "opponent".
Some real life shhiitt.

Kamala when I trained Jordan,the guy was working, going to school and training,the guy would get sick sometimes,never pulled out of a fight.Briggs goes to Europe,takes a beating in the ring ,that may have signalled the end of his career.Here's the kicker,he gets paid 750,000., after his promoters sort things out Briggs takes home 25,000.Its an insult to the men that crawl through the ropes and lay it on the line for the fans to be treated like livestock.Lots of good boxers ,coaches ,trainers and ref's,but the promoters know where to put the money.They should go back to putting the fight's on wide world of sport's.

Kamala when I trained Jordan,the guy was working, going to school and training,the guy would get sick sometimes,never pulled out of a fight.Briggs goes to Europe,takes a beating in the ring ,that may have signalled the end of his career.Here's the kicker,he gets paid 750,000., after his promoters sort things out Briggs takes home 25,000.Its an insult to the men that crawl through the ropes and lay it on the line for the fans to be treated like livestock.Lots of good boxers ,coaches ,trainers and ref's,but the promoters know where to put the money.They should go back to putting the fight's on wide world of sport's.

Thats a good point about putting Boxing back on TV like wide world of sports was.
Dana put the UFC on spike, and that seems to be when it really blew up everywhere.
Good point too about fighters being treated like livestock, thats exactly what they are to guys like dana, arum or king..... use them while their good and young and send em of to the rendering plant when they get old.... except the rendering plant in boxing is going to Germany to fight a Klitchko, with german ref, german judges lol..... cashing a fighter out is no different than the old glue factory imho......

bob is full of himself, all he has is APacquiao and thats it

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Free Blogs   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com