Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
jan 29

cave cannell and new pro up and comer speak too me fans need some feed back

Re: jan 29

Who are Cave and Cannell fighting? Who is the new up and coming pro as well?

What's up with the event?????????

Who's turning pro????????????????

Is Cannell on????????????????????

does anyone know if this is still going to happen. no response from the "promoter" after asking for peoples input makes ya wonder???

So far its a go. Cave is still fighting for the title and Craig Hillier will be making his pro debut. He has fought many amature bouts and have alot of experience.

nothing to wonder about fights on will be sancation on thurs wbc contiental champship jan 29 give me a day to press realese

happy new year the caveman

Thats awesome Robert. Can't wait for this one. This is great for boxing in Halifax. Hey if you need any help with this show let me know what I can do for you guys. Id love to volunteer some of my time for you guys.

Good Luck to my buddy Craig Hillier in his debut!!

boxer-b
Good Luck to my buddy Craig Hillier in his debut!!

His opponent is also supposed to fight in Quebec on Jan. 22/11...........his record is o-2 by 2 TKOs. Hope there is a backup plan.....lots of licensed cruisers in NB!

The guy Tyson fought in Toronto, Willie Casey, is fighting, 2x Gold medalist, Cuban Guillermo Rigondeaux (one of the greatest amateur fighters of all time) For a WBA world title in a couple months.

Even though Cave wasnt prepared for the guy, he hung in tough, and looked really motivated in the gym after the loss.

I have more respect for Tyson in his 1 loss than most of his wins. Tyson's a good fighter and hope to see him fight top guys again soon.

been hard on him before, but Tyson's world class when he's confident, all the best in 2011 and your next fight.

thank u d we are traing hard for up coming wbc fight hope to see u there robert the caveman

Tyson Cave is headed to the U.S. for some hard work — and a brush with fame.

The Canadian super bantamweight boxing champion will prepare for his upcoming WBC Continental Americas super bantamweight title bout against Nestor Bolum under the guidance of half-brothers Dicky Eklund and Micky Ward at their gym in Chelmsford, Mass.

Eklund and Ward are portrayed in the recent Hollywood blockbuster The Fighter, where Eklund’s legendary battles with drug addiction are depicted.

Eklund and Ward were both notoriously tough fighters with Eklund, 19-10 in his career, best known for going the distance with Sugar Ray Leonard in 1978 in Boston. Ward went 38-13, but will always be remembered for his trilogy with the late Arturo Gatti in 2002-03.

Cave, 12-1, will get to train principally with Ward for two weeks beginning Jan. 11. The title fight with Bolum is Jan. 29 at Palooka’s Gym.

"It’s something I need," Cave said Monday. "I need to get focused. This is a huge fight for me. It’s the fight everyone is waiting to see."

Cave, 29, has won two straight since his only career loss last April to Willie Casey in Toronto.

He knocked out Antwan Robertson in one round in July in Halifax and Darby Smart in the seventh round in November, also in Halifax, for the vacant Canadian-American-Mexican (CAM) super bantamweight strap.

Bolum, a 26-year-old native of Nigeria, is 8-0. Both contestants are southpaws.

"They are going to show me the ways of the hard work," Cave said of his trip to New England. "I don’t think Micky Ward is going to make me a great fighter in a few weeks, but this is an opportunity for me to build a relationship with him and hopefully I’ll be down there more than this one time. I have to go down there in shape and show that I’m prepared to train hard."

Craig Hillier, another metro fighter, will accompany Cave to Lowell to prepare for his pro debut on the Cave-Bolum against Amherst’s Tim Skidmore, who has a limited boxing resume but is a veteran of 20 MMA fights.

"Two guys from Nova Scotia walking into a gym in Lowell, we’re not expecting it to be easy," said Cave.

Cave said he’s already eager for his shot at Bolum. The victor is in line for a top-15 ranking in the WBC.

"This is one of the biggest fights in Halifax in the last 15 years. It’s big. I’m fighting a 2004 Olympian. He’s a bronze medallist in the Commonwealth Games. If anyone calls him a bum, obviously you’re a hater."

( mmosher@herald.ca)

Good luck to Tyson and Craig!!! Make us proud!!

I have seen him fight and he is no bum-very slick and skilled-Good Luck Tyson

over the past 3 years myself and tyson have been trying to revive boxing in nova scotia halifax we recived some support but in nothing but road blocks and negativity i truly believe in tysons abilaty to become a world class fighter on jan 29 we will show halifax and the critics when we win the wcb champship for those who support us thank u and for those who hate us suck it up princess /s ur truly robert w cave

What happened?

Ya whats going on? No weight results from yesterday either.

Cave won the belt with a UD over Bolum while Cannell scored a UD over Wasswa.