Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pascal vs Hopkins

Maybe Pascal may has nothing to lose but the fans lose big time in this fight. Like Mr. Payne mentioned previously. Glen Johnson is an credible opponent who comes to fight, and is fan friendly. I also believe Hopkins still has the ability to make anyone look bad in the division which in turn in my opinion isn't in the best interest to Pascal after a brillent performance beating Dawson.

"Pascal has nothing to lose" ...pardon me?

He has much to lose. He can suffer a brutal KO loss.

Never count out Bhop; sneaky headbutting, sneaky low-blows, excessive holding and hitting on the temple... sneaky body shots and great timing/counterpunching.

It's a great fight and Pascal is showing he's a fearless warrior for taking this fight.

Re: "Pascal has nothing to lose" ...pardon me?

Hey Bruce I have nothing but respect for Hopkins especially what he has done in the PAST. However, he knows that he only has a few fights left and in reality is milking the system to cash out in his last few fights. Therefore, he doesn't come to fight he is going to the safest route to get through a fight so he is less prone to take the least punishment. As you mentioned comes all of his dismal tactics, holding, butting, throwing one punch at a time.

You also mentioned in previous posts that boxing is a business and that means entertianment, which you are not going to get in this fight. Boxing needs a boost not another boring episode of Hopkins holding and hitting and falling all over the ring.

Bring someone in for Pascal that has some purpose that will bring out the best in Pascal not the worse. The only one who wins in this fight is Hopkins who gets another pay day, no one else.

The thing is i do not want to see hopkins lose,and i don't think he will he is to smart for Pascal i think,alot of people might think he is a boring boxer to watch,but boxing is known for the name sweet science,well nobody that i know of can demonstrate that better then Hopkins,

But i would like to congratulate Pascal in getting the chance to fight a future hall of fame boxer

anybody know who is on the under card for this fight

rumour has it junior moar vs kareem chartrand jr are on the undercard. thats if kareem shows up.

haha,like who are u,u clearly have kno life,what is your deal?did i *uck ur sis,,or *uck ur mom,mayb ur wife,idk but u gota bounce,i never backed down from a fight anywhere,but this is old news,im busy working at my store kno time for someone like u,

stick to selling products over or under the counter kareem, leave the fighting to the real pros. yeah you did ###k my sister and she said you didnt have it down stairs either, alot of air in those shorts. could you send me your career highlite reel of your best kos at the hands of the real fighters. personally speaking i would make short work of you in the ring, on the ice, boy. you are definitly old news, you get my vote for your iduction into the boxing hall of shame. a legend in your own mind. say hi to bunny for me, ha ha ha tee tee tee giggle giggle.

HEY KAREEM THIS GUY IS GIVING U A HARD TIME MAYBE THIS WILL HELP YOU FIGURE OUT WHO IT IS.....http://www.ip-whois-lookup.com/lookup.php?ip=204.112.146.212

..JUST COPY AND PASTE IN YOUR BROWSER..HAS A MAP AND EVERYTHING SHOWING IP INFO..
PEACE OUT

you can accompany kareem any time pegger, your round 2.

what? accompany Kareem?? ...when hes doing your ole lady?
I guess I would have to ask him.. but. your the boss

thanks for the info "PEGGER"

yeah right
you can accompany kareem any time pegger, your round 2.

Not to nervous yeah right

make your move kareem, punk

nervous ..why with people like u protecting the country

IP Location: Canada Canada Ottawa Defence Research Establishment-ottawa
IP Address: 131.137.245.206 [Whois] [Reverse-Ip] [Ping] [DNS Lookup] [Traceroute]

OrgName: Department of National Defence
OrgId: DRE-2
Address: 101 Colonel By Drive
City: Ottawa
StateProv: ON
PostalCode: K1A-0K2
RegDate:
Updated: 2010-09-30
Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/DRE-2

OrgTechHandle: WILLI57-ARIN
OrgTechName: Williams, Rob

man are you barking up the wrong tree pegger, go back to technology class. your suppose to be kareems back up, WOW. have you been doing my sister too. speaking of trees, on this tree pegger is the sapp.

jack be nimble jack be quick jack jump over the candle stick.

im sorry, please forgive me kareem. i was only talking trash, cause thats all i am trash, it takes a real man to walk that lonely walk up those 6 steps to combat someone. i have been drinking alot lately and cant control my big mouth when i get into the shnaps. i know you have been trying real hard to master the sweet science, please dont beat me up ok, pegger is your friend and he is only trying to help correct a wrong, im sorry i made you feel bad and talked extremely stupid. your the bestest person in the whole wide world, pease brother and keep punching. when your in the ring and dont know what to do, jab and it will all come back to you. i love humanity.

I feel sorry for u,because u r stupid u dnt kno when to shut up,you clearly gota go do some research before u go talking **** to a dude like me,but it is fortunate for u that i just wipe **** talkers and nobodys like u right off my shoulder.If u have a problem confront me u dumb ass,dnt talk big on this thing,this is for boxing discussions,i hate goin to this site and rading **** people like u write on here,i aplogise to all the other fans and boxers on here that u all had to read this ****,

i was just kidding about my apology you freak of nature, sucker. show me the the ring and i will wipe your face with it.

what does everyone think of the Pascal Hopkins fight now that it is just around the corner,Pascal has a chance to beat a legend,Hopkins has a chance of making history if or when he wins this title.....

Pascal often throw's wide punches which Hopkins can nullify,however Pascal is a fast handed fighter, doesn't have the greatest balance but if he can sweep enough of the first rounds he has a shot.If Hopkins can smother his punches hug and move ,he may throw Pascal off his game and frustrate him,Hopkins has a way of ******* with his apponents game,may not be pretty but often effective.I'm rooting for Pascal ,Im a big fan of Hopkins I just think he is milking the system.Anyway I really don't know who to pick,Pascal sometimes falls in on his punches ,Hopkins is a slow starter who has trouble with speedsters.Could be an ugly fight .5050

i take Hopkins 100%,pascal is a gd fighter but i think exactlu like u said but i dont wonder if hopkins can smother him or be able to frustrate him that is what he is best at and he will do it,Hopkins is a great boxer,it doesnt really get better,Pascal to all his credit he is the chamo,but he has never faught somebody like this man before,they all were young even dawson and froch,no comparison!i wish Pascal the best just like i did when i messaged him today but im gona go with the veteran

..first off lets see if we can keep the topic on boxing ...and not some1s loose sister..that said..Pascal is in his prime Hopkins is on the way out the door and looking for 1 more payday {like he needs it} he will soon be only remembered in the annals of history..lol I digress
Pascal is way too fast on his feet..dont ya think that his trainers are ready for his clutch, grab and take for a stroll across the ring ... tactics??
Come on guys he is a great boxer and very adaptable..way more than the average guy..
but father time has caught up with him on this one...Hopkins will be stopped by the 6th round...
or it will be one hell of a boring fight..jmo
Pegger

Yes i do agree it will be one hell of a fight,but my ? to is don't you think all the other top boxer Hopkins has faught would of also trained to beat his game,his tactics,i don't think it will be easy to take his boxing away seeing as that is how he fought his whole boxing career,it does sound easier then said i am guessing that Pascal and them are training like you said,but i also think when he gets in the ring with a fighter like hopkins,he will just watching and trying to figure it out,because whoever Pascal is fighting and his trainers,will not be able to do the same thing in the ring as the great one can,there is a reason he is a legend or going to be one...Just my thoughts though,regardless it gona be crazy fight,

Pegger it is going to be a gd one regardless what happens...Props to Pascal

my first time heading out east for a fight, any tips on places for a boxing fan to check out? Were is the weigh-in, presser etc?

Lakusta vs Nelson
my first time heading out east for a fight, any tips on places for a boxing fan to check out? Were is the weigh-in, presser etc?

Weigh in @ 15:00 Hrs Friday

Chateau Bonne Entente
3400 Chemin Sainte-Foy
Quebec ( Quebec )
G1X 1S6
(418)653-5221

wow this is going to b a great fight,this is huge to have in canada,if Pascal win or lose it is great,i want Pascal to win coz it be great for canada but Hopkins i beleive is going to pick him apart,

What a rip off!!! Bernard beat his ass even after a bullsh#t Knockdown. Bad for Canadian boxing

Box Rec says Hopkins was down twice.

light heavyweight Jean Pascal 174¼ 26(16)-1(0)-0 D Bernard Hopkins 174½ 51(32)-5(0)-1 MD 12 12
referee: Michael Griffin | judge: Claude Paquette 113-113 | judge: Daniel Van de Wiele 114-114 | judge: Steve Morrow 112-114
WBC light heavyweight title (supervisor: Jose Sulaiman)
International Boxing Organization light heavyweight title
vacant WBC Diamond light heavyweight title - Hopkins down in 1st and 3rd rounds

Very sad to see this happen hopkins did exactly what he said he would do and that is schooled Pascal,Hopkins looked like the 28 yr old,everything he said he would do he did,but the judge had to rip him off,and another thing is why didnt they have a mutual referee,i beleive that they will get it turned around,and hopkins he is classy he just said it how it was,look at pascal after the fight when they talking to him,he didnt kno what to say he new what just happen,like how many world champions put there arms up when they just been told it was a dra,,haha brutal

The ref did a fine job. Both knockdowns were legitimate. 114-112 hopkins or the 113-113 scores IMO were acceptable. That's what happens when a fighter digs himself a hole and gets put down twice.

Did Hopkins win the fight minus the knockdowns? Probably did, but in this sport, knockdowns are given considerable weight in scoring. There was no travasty here, just like they say in Nascar, "One of them racin deals.."

Yes second knock down was legit,he got a left in the chest and that is what put him dwn,the first one come on look at the replays again,it was brutal no way that was a knock down,i am not saying it was a slipp but what made him go down was the force of the punch in the back of the head,nobody can even argue this,not if they seen the fight and watched it.Pascalknows it and so did the fans who were there and watching

A perfect example of how they new they didnt even win was russ amber,Russ amber has had Hopkins on his show,and he has said that Hopkins is one of his all time fav,well when the decision went just look at Russ's face,and right after the final round before the decision was made,they didnt win simple as that,very sad,and it is a known fact if the out of town gets a draw in a big fight like this,uno that he should've won,i give all 100% props to golden boy promotion's to even come here and take the chance,i know a couple world class trainer's personaly who will never come to canada to fight,i can not say the names but,it is very sad this sport has come to this,

ok mayb i being a little to harsh,because besides everything else the fight was awsome,it was a great performance,by both men

Re: Pascal vs Hopkins

Pascal isn't getting away from his draw with b-hop as easily as he thought and his camp,if he don't take the hopkins rematch he will lose his belt,he is going to lose either way bcoz b-hop like he said himself will rip him apart now that it b second round,right from rnd one instead from round 5,And then after Hopkins wins,i see him retiring instead of fighting Dawson,just bcoz he did what he said he would and that is to beat the world champ the young lion,im happy with the decision wbc has made