Return to Website

538th Engineer Battalion Message Board

Welcome to the 538th Message Forum. This Forum is for all veterans and former members of the 538th Engineer Battalion to come together. This is for everyones use so please keep it CLEAN.

538th Engineer Battalion Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Looking for buddies 809th

Charles I'll keep the lookout for some of your buddies and I need help in finding pics when the Friendship Highway 304, Nakhon Ratchasima to Kabinburi was dedicated. There is a lot of stuff on the web by the 538th, 809th, 697th and so forth but I'm looking for the 11 December 1968 time period when the monument was new. A new one has all but been completed and I'm trying to let as many of the people know, that were associated with that project, and the rest of the time period here in Korat, to contact me ASAP so we can keep them up to date on anything that they might want to be a part of.
I'm also on the hunt for anyone staying in touch with the Thai Army 23rd Engineer Battalion that is also honored on the Monument.
The post is also in a membersip drive to hit a number by November this year to qualify for some free Life Memberships to lotto off to our members that pay each year. I have some big dreams for the Post to serve any Vets that come to the Korat area but it is going to take a good team to pull it all together so keep us in mind and send anyone you think would like to join our post my way if you would please?
Oh. I won't forget that you're looking for people that served with you and want to get in touch.
Sincerely,
Chappie Chapman, Adjutant
VFW Post 10217, Korat, Thailand

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am looking for anyone who may have served with me in 1968-1969 in the 809th on an asphalt plant in Thialand. I only remember a pvt freney and Sgt Bowman and LT Rhodes.