Salcha Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Facebook group and the Salcha Fair Association Lease

Back taxes of $2621.48 will do it. How was this allowed to happen?

FWIW for those making plans, April 21st is a Saturday.

From how it was described to me, FNSB had changed the tax structure for the well; therefore increasing the costs. The well; which provides only enough income to sustain itself and some basic needs of the grounds (not including lawn maintenance), has been being maintained by one family. It sounds like we need more support and additional income (from the well or elsewhere) to maintain it. Although I don't use the well, I use the grounds often. As such,I am available to help intermittently. Just let me know what, where and when.

The Assessor's Office has NOT been user-friendly since they've merged Land Mgmt with Assessing.

HOWEVER, there are THREE YEARS of back taxes against the property, so it's not like this didn't happen overnight. Hopefully the involved parties will be forthcoming and not be blowing smoke.

Does anyone know if a FNSB rep will be out in attendance?

FWIW, I also just looked up the Assessor's structure information for this PAN, 0504904. It only has a description of the well structure, and NOT that of the cabin sitting there, nor the pole shed out on the fairgrounds. Interesting.

My opinion? It's probably safe to say the FNSB isn't in the business of running and maintaining a community well. I'll save the rest for this so-called 'meeting'.