Salcha Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Bridge to Nowhere Access

Here's the current scoop on using the bridge to access military range land across the river. Per the Army, you MAY NOT cut trails. ATV crossing only.

1. Folks wishing to hunt on lands across the bridge need to first complete a hunter registration page for Fort Wainwright-controlled lands. This is available on their web site:

2. Once a hunter has the military form completed, submitted AND APPROVED, they need to go to the bridge and complete an Alaska Railroad liability waiver for use of the bridge. These are available from security folks on site at the bridge.

Make sure you take your permit approval with you per instructions on the isportsman website.

Further questions:

McHugh Pierre
Deputy Commissioner
Dept of Military and Veteran Affairs
Anchorage Office