Salcha Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tanana bridge may require US Steel

Well.... they said it was cheaper, and I said this is paid for with US tax dollars, they said they spend plenty in the US. I said that even if it were more expensive, it would be better to keep the money in America. They dropped off a ham from Delta meats, a nice ARR poster and a map to show how much noise I have to put up with. As they left, I said Merry Christmas and got a Happy Holidays in return, how politically correct!

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!"

Re: Tanana bridge may require US Steel

Nice of them to sidestep your question and pat you on the head, the 'turds.

BTW, the article was posted in the Newsminer, then yanked. I did a temporary subscription to the Metal Bulletin to lift it and post it here. IIRC, Dermot had made mention. BUT you can't find it when you go to search for it.

Can't help but wonder who pulled those strings. Gotta keep at their heels.

This excerpt is from the Alaska Journal of Commerce (alaskajournal.com), dtd Nov 11, 2011:

Q:
Jon Spring of Anchorage Metropolitan Area Transportation Solutions said his group estimated more than $3 billion in projects that Anchorage needs. Alaska Railroad Corp. President and Chief Executive Officer Christopher Aadnesen said there are projects ahead that will be impossible for the railroad to fund on its own. The Tanana River Bridge and Port MacKenzie are examples.

“State funding will play a larger role going forward for building Alaska’s transportation infrastructure in light of decreased federal resources and we feel that every day at the railroad corporation,” he said. “Planning ahead for large infrastructure investments, prioritizing them and providing for a steady state-funding source are all great worthy goals of this legislation.”

/Q