Salcha Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: LATE NIGHT NOISE

We will still have hydrostatic flooding; that's how the ground works in this area. Look no further than how Moose Creek flooded in 2008.

This is NOT a flood control project. It's bank stabilization of the Tanana for the bridge project. Please keep that straight.

The flood control project was abandoned years ago, because the Army COE concluded that effort would cost more than the property values that it supposedly would protect. They soaked up $150K of a $1M federal grant we were given to tell us that in 2004.

Gotta love it. Thank Rolling Stone for what? They're enjoying our tax dollars. They should be thanking US.

to mds: Right, it is not a flood control project..it will protect the Ak RR bridge...it will also protect some of the homeowners along the upper stretch of the Tanana River that have flooded from the Tanana River rising, especially at break up...it will not prevent high groundwater, nothing will keep groundwater from rising. As to Rolling Stone...right, it is a business, they are in business to make money, a business pays taxes and employs people that pay taxes... both the employer and the employee contribute to the economy of the area, borough, and state. People that do not work do not contribute to the economy...they rely on those who do work or those that own a business to pay their way. Sorry, you can see that I am all for productivity, our nation was built on this...some have forgotten that.

Yep agree on the circular reasoning. My maternal family had folks who were also on the Oregon Trail.

Doesn't mean I feel compelled to be thanking Rolling Stone, unlike the other individual. It's not where I'd like to see my tax money going, but I'm just someone else busting butt so others can remain on welfare. What a country.

It would be more accurate for you to say you're not sorry btw. ;-)

Enyhoo,now we get to hear what some pile-driving will sound like this week; funfun. Keep some earplugs handy folks!