Salcha Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DEAR DAVY

DEAR DAVY,

I AM HEARTBROKEN, IT SEEMS UNREAL THAT YOU ARE GONE. I WAS TALKING TO YOU ON THE PHONE JUST THE OTHER DAY, WE SHARED, CRIED, LAUGHED, LOOKED FORWARD TO THE USUAL THINGS FRIENDS DO. SOMEHOW YOU ARE GONE AWAY FOREVER! I MISS YOUR SMILE, YOUR KIND LOVING WAY OF ALWAYS CHEERING UP YOUR FRIENDS NO MATTER WHAT WAS GOING ON IN OUR LIVES OR HOW BAD THINGS SEEMED YOU HAD A WAY ABOUT YOU OF FINDING LAUGHTER AND THE BRIGHT SIDE.

NEWS LIKE THIS TRAVELS FAST, LIKE THE GAME WE USED TO PLAY IN SCHOOL WHEN WE WOULD ALL SIT IN A SEMI-CIRCLE AND WHISPER INTO ONE ANOTHER'S EARS, BY THE TIME IT GOT TO THE OTHER END WHAT HAD ORIGINALY BEEN SPOKEN HAD TAKEN ON A LIFE OF IT'S OWN TWISTED INTO SOMETHING IT WAS NOT.

THE MUKLUK WIRELESS DID THAT TO THE NEWS OF YOUR DEATH IN LESS TIME THAN SUNRISE TO SUNSET ON WINTER SOLSTICE. NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, ONLY THAT YOU DIED ALONE IN YOUR BED. IN PASSING YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS FROM ALASKA TO THE LOWER 48 WHO ALREADY MISS YOU HEARTS HEAVY WITH GRIEF, EYES OVERFLOWING WITH TEARS TO KNOW WE WILL NEVER AGAIN BE BLESSED WITH YOUR CHEERFUL PRESENCE ALWAYS WILLING TO LEND A HELPING HAND NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

CARPENTER, MECHANIC, CONFIDANTE, COMEDIAN, VOLUNTEER YOU BRIGHTENED MY LIFE SO MANY TIMES IN INFINITE WAYS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR BEING ONE OF MY CLOSEST FRIENDS, OR AS THEY SAY IN HAWAII:
MAHOLO NUI LOA.

HO'OPONOPONO DEAR DAVY
DI

Re: DEAR DAVY

Collecting Photo's and Stories to put together a "Celebration of Life" for David R McEachern
Please send to mmills@salcha.org
We will get the word out when we get it all together.

Re: DEAR DAVY

From the Snooze-Minus, dtd 12/15/2009:

FAIRBANKS - The Alaska Bureau of Investigation has declared the death of a Salcha man a homicide.

David R. McEachern, 54, was found dead Dec. 9 in his cabin off Tom Bear Trail.

Alaska State Troopers initially believed McEachern died of natural causes, but an autopsy was requested by the state medical examiner’s office. The circumstances around his death have been called “suspicious.”

Authorities have interviewed several people, including friends and family, in the course of their investigation.

Megan Peters, spokeswoman for the bureau, would not say how McEachern was believed to have died or if investigators have any suspects.

Anyone with information about McEachern’s death is asked to the Alaska Bureau of Investigation at 451-5100.
/Q

What I have to say about this is unprintable.