Issues Affecting American Indians in Tennessee
This message board is provided as a public service for the specific purpose of sharing and discussing any and all issues that directly or indirectly pertain to Native American Indians living in Tennessee.
This board does not represent or speak for any organization.

American Indians in Tennessee government volunteer service
TN Archaeological Advisory Council
mandated 3 Native American representatives
  • Michael Lynch, West Tennessee (2008-12)
         member, Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
  • Pat Cummins, Middle Tennessee (2004-08)
         descendant, Cherokee
  • Mark Cantrell, Middle Tennessee (2010-14)
         unknown tribal affiliation
  •   TN Historical Commission
    mandated inclusion of person/s
    of Native American ancestry

• Brent A. Cox (2008-2012)
    444 Cades Atwood Road
    Milan, Tennessee 38358
    731-723-9994

•   Official Disclaimer and Notice
    Board Owner reserves the right to edit or delete any post deemed inappropriate.   |   Material appearing here is distributed without profit or monetary gain to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the material for research and educational purposes, in accordance with Title 17 USC §107.  |  Board Owner assumes no responsibility for the content of posts or for any actions resulting from posts made by anyone who chooses to use this public message board. The opinions expressed on this message board do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the message board owner or any visitors.  |  All posts and wording therein belong to the Original Author. Get permission from the Original Author before "lifting" their post for use elsewhere. It's the respectful (ie, native) way.  |  The original board was begun 8 October 2002. This board was created 28 October 2008.
    TN Commission of Indian Affairs
    Website of the (defunct) TCIA * History of the 1st & 2nd TNCIA

Greene (CNO) v. TCIA   filed 30 June 2010
    Commission terminated     30 June 2010

Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Faulty math...

Yesterday we were in a small town in north Georgia. A guy came up to me and told me he was full-blooded Cherokee, but he didn't look like it because he got his looks from his mother's side!

I didn't ask how he came to be full-blooded if his mother wasn't.

Re: Faulty math...

Maybe his momma was one of those rare Tennessee Hebrew Cherokees, they all "look " white and claim to be full-bloods.

yep fullblooded pizzants or maybe it was raised by trolls

Local Chikamakas and white neighbors work the coal mines ranging from Harlan KY
    down to Coal City GA. This kept them out of the sun so their features would
    diminish.

RICH

They must have been mining "European" coal and it got into their bloodstream. It changed their bone structure, skin, eyes, hair and even their DNA.
    Someone should have that coal tested. Radical Muslim terrorists could be eating it to disguise themselves as blonde haired, blue eyed citizens.
    This statement is no more stupid than the claim of working in any enviroment changing one's racial characteristics.
    AND HONESTLY, NONE of us has heard any excuses from the Cumberland County Hebrew-Kees as to why their DNA samples all came back as being of Northern European decent... Are we to pretend we didn't hear that statement? Are we supposed to support these people as Native Americans on what claim?

JR
    diminish.

RICH

Unless you have a job that where it is required that you work out doors your statement makes little sense. I would estimate that 75 to 80 % for this countries work force work in-doors..ie out of the sun. Spending time in the sun would only effect the tanning of ones skin tone .....nothing more. Features do not diminish by lack of sun or too much sun. If what you say were true. Every wannabe in the country would be in a tanning bed or laying out in the sun trying to look like an Indian.

Two Dogs
    JR
    diminish.

RICH

Unless you have a job that where it is required that you work out doors your statement makes little sense. I would estimate that 75 to 80 % for this countries work force work in-doors..ie out of the sun. Spending time in the sun would only effect the tanning of ones skin tone .....nothing more. Features do not diminish by lack of sun or too much sun. If what you say were true. Every wannabe in the country would be in a tanning bed or laying out in the sun trying to look like an Indian.

I thought they were!

Oh, and the same guy said his hair was prematurely white like Indians--funny thing--I've never noticed that trait among Eastern Cherokees--black hair tends to hang in there well into a person's 60s on most people.

Donna D
    Yesterday we were in a small town in north Georgia. A guy came up to me and told me he was full-blooded Cherokee, but he didn't look like it because he got his looks from his mother's side!

I didn't ask how he came to be full-blooded if his mother wasn't.

They must be from Tennessee or they've been drinking water from Tennessee 'cause folks here in Tennessee have had a problem with the math taught to the rest of the planet for some years now!! In Tennessee, nothing adds up like it's supposed to - and like it would/should anywhere else!

TN & American Indian Related Links
  • Tennessee Legislature
  • Tennessee Executive Branch
  • Federal Government Links
  • Tennessee.gov
  • TN Attorney General
  • TnCIA official website

• Native American Indian Association of Tennessee (NAIA)
    Advisory Council on Tennessee Indian Affairs (ACTIA)
    Alliance for Native American Indian Rights (ANAIR)
    Tennessee Native American Convention (TNNAC)
    Tennessee Trail of Tears Association (TnTOTA)
    Tn Commission of Indian Affairs (Unofficial)
    Chattanooga InterTribal Association (CITA)
    InterTribal Sacred Land Trust (ITSLT)
    The Forum
    Tanasi Journal
    Native Nashville
    TN Indian Affairs Blog
    Chikamaka History Timeline
    Mundo Hispano/Hispanic World
    Tennessee Ancient Sites Conservancy
    Indian Burial & Sacred Grounds Watch

National Native News Links
    Indianz.com
    Indian Country News
    NativeBiz
    NARF
    Indian Country
    Wotanging Ikche/
    Native American News
    NAGPRA
    Pechanga.net
    Aboriginal/First Nations/Native
    News in Canada
    Mohawk Nation News - Daily News from the Mohawk Nation Native News
    Native American Times,
    the nation's largest
    independent Indian
    news source
    On The Wings
    of Eagles

NativeNews Online
    Native news,
    Views and Legends

Health Needs / Job Seeker Links
    Partnership for
    Prescription Assistance
    CMATS - TN Dept of Labor
    & Workforce Development
    Manpower Inc.
    Locate Your KELLY Office

One Feather Books Poison's Icons Badge

345058 Visitors to Original Board

Each individual post and its content are the sole responsibility of its Author.