Issues Affecting American Indians in Tennessee
This message board is provided as a public service for the specific purpose of sharing and discussing any and all issues that directly or indirectly pertain to Native American Indians living in Tennessee.
This board does not represent or speak for any organization.

American Indians in Tennessee government volunteer service
TN Archaeological Advisory Council
mandated 3 Native American representatives
  • Michael Lynch, West Tennessee (2008-12)
         member, Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
  • Pat Cummins, Middle Tennessee (2004-08)
         descendant, Cherokee
  • Mark Cantrell, Middle Tennessee (2010-14)
         unknown tribal affiliation
  •   TN Historical Commission
    mandated inclusion of person/s
    of Native American ancestry

• Brent A. Cox (2008-2012)
    444 Cades Atwood Road
    Milan, Tennessee 38358
    731-723-9994

•   Official Disclaimer and Notice
    Board Owner reserves the right to edit or delete any post deemed inappropriate.   |   Material appearing here is distributed without profit or monetary gain to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the material for research and educational purposes, in accordance with Title 17 USC §107.  |  Board Owner assumes no responsibility for the content of posts or for any actions resulting from posts made by anyone who chooses to use this public message board. The opinions expressed on this message board do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the message board owner or any visitors.  |  All posts and wording therein belong to the Original Author. Get permission from the Original Author before "lifting" their post for use elsewhere. It's the respectful (ie, native) way.  |  The original board was begun 8 October 2002. This board was created 28 October 2008.
    TN Commission of Indian Affairs
    Website of the (defunct) TCIA * History of the 1st & 2nd TNCIA

Greene (CNO) v. TCIA   filed 30 June 2010
    Commission terminated     30 June 2010

Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: You totally misinterpreted me...

Donna D
    I was saying that small business (which are businesses of under 100 employees) proportionately shoulder much more tax burden than big business does because of tax breaks and other incentives. And THEN local and state governments often waive taxes and fees just to get a big business to move into their area--often permanently. It's nice for the governor to say we brought 1000 new jobs to the state today, but what about the 100 small companies that went under because they couldn't compete with the big guys with the deep pockets (and friends in high places). It is a statement of fact, not whining, I don't even have a dog in that fight. And I do think we have waaay too much government, too many people with nothing to do but to think up ways to get others to do what they want. Governments on all levels need to be cut back and laws should be written for the good of the people and not because of a kneejerk reaction. We don't need any more intrusion into private lives, there's enough as it is.

well said DonnaD...

Re: You totally misinterpreted me...

heh actually, i was responding to 'walker'. maybe i replied to the wrong post?

Re: It's all good.

Re: Made in America: Another Step for American Manufacturing

DonnaS
    welp i can tell you ain't a fan of the gov't. not many folks are - for MANY reasons - and here lately, just that a man of COLOR's in office seems to be THE worst reason EVER for MANY folks to not just dis but deliberately block ANYthing suggested or planned.

folks can either sit around and wait for Big Gov't to get excited over plans of a little home-based business, hoping Big Gov't will care to somehow step in and help ... or they can pick their whinin' ass up and follow the vision given to them to be creative.

last i checked ain't nothing guaranteed in ANY lifetime, for anyone, in any country, for any race and religion. what makes us think we're so ****ed special that we NEED our own gov't's approval to start up a small business?

IMHO? Your vision? Don't wait for Big Gov't - just do it.

It's not about approval, it's about ending up doing something illeagal because the Gov't has decided on this insane testing. How many are willing to risk everything by continuing to make goods that may be labled illeagal?

walker
    http://littlecrowtradingpost.blogspot.com/2009/04/native-american-cultural-genocide.html

read for yourself- does the Gov't support small business? Hell no....They are only interested in the Big Boys- Corperations

http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2010/04/24/s-510-is-hissing-in-the-grass/

found this one a bit disturbing as well

dunno about anyone else but i am tired of buying cheap crap from other countries. John Q Public asked for it and got it ... but now they aren't happy with what they buy. I look for and buy - whenever found - items "MADE IN AMERICA". Sometimes the item isn't better than stuff made elsewhere but better to support each other HERE than NOT! It's not going to get better here anytime soon until we stop complaining about all the foreign-made items and start doing for our ownselves again!

jess sayin' ....

Remember all those commercials Wal-Mart USED to run? The ones about made-in-America? Haven't seen any of those in awhile. I'm thinking one would be hard-put to find anything in Wally World made in America these days.

nope. very, very little is "made in usa". :-( gotta look hard to find the few things that still are.

DonnaS
    nope. very, very little is "made in usa". :-( gotta look hard to find the few things that still are.

years ago a fellow who owned a small mfg/sewing factory said to me that when contracts were getting few and far between he was able to keep open by sewing on "made in USA" labels onto clothing- that were in fact made in Mexico and Phillipines.I believe he said it was for JC Penny
    So even though you may feel like you are getting a USA made product- you may in fact NOT be purchasing what the label states.

TN & American Indian Related Links
  • Tennessee Legislature
  • Tennessee Executive Branch
  • Federal Government Links
  • Tennessee.gov
  • TN Attorney General
  • TnCIA official website

• Native American Indian Association of Tennessee (NAIA)
    Advisory Council on Tennessee Indian Affairs (ACTIA)
    Alliance for Native American Indian Rights (ANAIR)
    Tennessee Native American Convention (TNNAC)
    Tennessee Trail of Tears Association (TnTOTA)
    Tn Commission of Indian Affairs (Unofficial)
    Chattanooga InterTribal Association (CITA)
    InterTribal Sacred Land Trust (ITSLT)
    The Forum
    Tanasi Journal
    Native Nashville
    TN Indian Affairs Blog
    Chikamaka History Timeline
    Mundo Hispano/Hispanic World
    Tennessee Ancient Sites Conservancy
    Indian Burial & Sacred Grounds Watch

National Native News Links
    Indianz.com
    Indian Country News
    NativeBiz
    NARF
    Indian Country
    Wotanging Ikche/
    Native American News
    NAGPRA
    Pechanga.net
    Aboriginal/First Nations/Native
    News in Canada
    Mohawk Nation News - Daily News from the Mohawk Nation Native News
    Native American Times,
    the nation's largest
    independent Indian
    news source
    On The Wings
    of Eagles

NativeNews Online
    Native news,
    Views and Legends

Health Needs / Job Seeker Links
    Partnership for
    Prescription Assistance
    CMATS - TN Dept of Labor
    & Workforce Development
    Manpower Inc.
    Locate Your KELLY Office

One Feather Books Poison's Icons Badge

345058 Visitors to Original Board

Each individual post and its content are the sole responsibility of its Author.