Issues Affecting American Indians in Tennessee
This message board is provided as a public service for the specific purpose of sharing and discussing any and all issues that directly or indirectly pertain to Native American Indians living in Tennessee.
This board does not represent or speak for any organization.

American Indians in Tennessee government volunteer service
TN Archaeological Advisory Council
mandated 3 Native American representatives
  • Michael Lynch, West Tennessee (2008-12)
         member, Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
  • Pat Cummins, Middle Tennessee (2004-08)
         descendant, Cherokee
  • Mark Cantrell, Middle Tennessee (2010-14)
         unknown tribal affiliation
  •   TN Historical Commission
    mandated inclusion of person/s
    of Native American ancestry

• Brent A. Cox (2008-2012)
    444 Cades Atwood Road
    Milan, Tennessee 38358
    731-723-9994

•   Official Disclaimer and Notice
    Board Owner reserves the right to edit or delete any post deemed inappropriate.   |   Material appearing here is distributed without profit or monetary gain to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the material for research and educational purposes, in accordance with Title 17 USC §107.  |  Board Owner assumes no responsibility for the content of posts or for any actions resulting from posts made by anyone who chooses to use this public message board. The opinions expressed on this message board do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the message board owner or any visitors.  |  All posts and wording therein belong to the Original Author. Get permission from the Original Author before "lifting" their post for use elsewhere. It's the respectful (ie, native) way.  |  The original board was begun 8 October 2002. This board was created 28 October 2008.
    TN Commission of Indian Affairs
    Website of the (defunct) TCIA * History of the 1st & 2nd TNCIA

Greene (CNO) v. TCIA   filed 30 June 2010
    Commission terminated     30 June 2010

Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    8000 Drums of Tennessee ??

was looking at items on "Native Threads" and clicking through links ... and found this:

http://www.powwows.com/calendar/event-details.php?eventid=9404&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PowWowCalendar+%28Pow+Wow+Calendar-+PowWows.com%29

8000 Drums of Tennessee

Event Details Travel Information
    March 20, 2010 Hotels

Airfare

Car Rental

Driving Directions

Address:
    1254 Toms Creek Road,
    Linden,
    TN
    ZIP: 37096

Click below for map:

Contact Information
    Phone: 931-593-2986
    Email: raincloud@tds.net
    URL: NA

PowWow Added: February 25, 2010
    PowWow Updated: February 25, 2010

How big the PowWow is?

Head Staff
    Head Man
    Not Added

Head Lady
    Not Added

Host Drums
    Raincloud Family Drum

Additional Information
    Hi. I was contacted by my friend Gilles Novaks who is a Montagnais Indian from Montreal. He is a Medicine Man and a Healer. He asked me to get as many Tribal people to participate in a worldwide ceremony called the "8,000 Drums". He was contacted by two Huron Clan Grandmothers from Canada and they asked him to help spread the word to all Indians everywhere. It will take place on March 20, 2010 at 12:00 noon MEXICO CITY TIME!! .
    All you need to do is play a drum either alone, or with a group or have the whole Tribe participate. The purpose is to fulfill the OTOMI PROPHECY. The Otomis are Mayan, Olmec, and Toltec descendants. The drums will be played so that the Creator will hear us and grant our wishes as we pray for help in the Healing Process of our Mother Earth. ...
    People are destroying Her and our Mother Earth needs our prayers. Thank you.
    Ewo-wox-co-dah-wa.

Red Hearts Gathering
    presents
    The Ceremony of 8,000 Sacred Drums
    March 20th, 2010
    According to a Sacred Prophecy revealed at the Otomi Ceremonial Center by the Otomi Elder Sages as a Vision of our Venerable Ancestors, the day when the sounds of 8,000 Sacred Drums join together will be the beginning of the healing of Mother Earth, of all the species and the human family in order to be able to live together on the road to Sacred Peace.
    It is time to unify ourselves and rediscover all the seeds of the Four
    Directions in order to reactivate cosmic energy, heal historical wounds and heal Mother Earth by respecting life, liberty and the dignity of our Peoples. The first great ceremony was held March 21, 2004 in Temoaya, Mexico and there will be drum circles joined around the world on the Spring Equinox continuing every year until 2012.

So we will hold a Drumming on Saturday, March 20th 2010, at the Pineview Powwow Grounds in Perry County, Tennessee, this will be a Free 1 day event with the drumming Starting a little before Noon on Saturday till ??, A Pot Luck Feed will be held afterwards (Bring a Covered Dish) Hopefully the Weather will be good, if not it will be under the carport, Primitive Camping sites will be available for those who would like to come for the weekend, We will start with a friendship fire on Friday night and Breakfast on Saturday. (Who knows what else, Trade Blanket, Sweat, ??) We will have a Dance Circle for those who would like to dance. If you are Interested in attending Please contact me and give me your thoughts and Ideas.

Wado (Thank You) for your time in reading this

R. Leon Rain Cloud
    Two Feathers Warrior

All My Relations

Submitted by
    Leon Rain Cloud

Not my thing

These "drum circles" tend to be non-native Nuage --uh, crap. That's my word for it. However, others may enjoy it. Not my thing. But I do like Native Threads.

Edited to add: What are two Huron Clan mothers or grandmothers or whatever (I forgot) doing worrying about Mayan, Toltec and Olmec prophecy? Makes no sense. It also makes no sense that some one calling himself "Raincloud" is saying "Thank you" the way the Oklahoma Cherokees do. Plus he invokes the "All My Relations" but in English. If it looks like a NuAger, walks like a NuAger, quacks like a NuAger, then it must be....

TN & American Indian Related Links
  • Tennessee Legislature
  • Tennessee Executive Branch
  • Federal Government Links
  • Tennessee.gov
  • TN Attorney General
  • TnCIA official website

• Native American Indian Association of Tennessee (NAIA)
    Advisory Council on Tennessee Indian Affairs (ACTIA)
    Alliance for Native American Indian Rights (ANAIR)
    Tennessee Native American Convention (TNNAC)
    Tennessee Trail of Tears Association (TnTOTA)
    Tn Commission of Indian Affairs (Unofficial)
    Chattanooga InterTribal Association (CITA)
    InterTribal Sacred Land Trust (ITSLT)
    The Forum
    Tanasi Journal
    Native Nashville
    TN Indian Affairs Blog
    Chikamaka History Timeline
    Mundo Hispano/Hispanic World
    Tennessee Ancient Sites Conservancy
    Indian Burial & Sacred Grounds Watch

National Native News Links
    Indianz.com
    Indian Country News
    NativeBiz
    NARF
    Indian Country
    Wotanging Ikche/
    Native American News
    NAGPRA
    Pechanga.net
    Aboriginal/First Nations/Native
    News in Canada
    Mohawk Nation News - Daily News from the Mohawk Nation Native News
    Native American Times,
    the nation's largest
    independent Indian
    news source
    On The Wings
    of Eagles

NativeNews Online
    Native news,
    Views and Legends

Health Needs / Job Seeker Links
    Partnership for
    Prescription Assistance
    CMATS - TN Dept of Labor
    & Workforce Development
    Manpower Inc.
    Locate Your KELLY Office

One Feather Books Poison's Icons Badge

345058 Visitors to Original Board

Each individual post and its content are the sole responsibility of its Author.