Issues Affecting American Indians in Tennessee
This message board is provided as a public service for the specific purpose of sharing and discussing any and all issues that directly or indirectly pertain to Native American Indians living in Tennessee.
This board does not represent or speak for any organization.

American Indians in Tennessee government volunteer service
TN Archaeological Advisory Council
mandated 3 Native American representatives
  • Michael Lynch, West Tennessee (2008-12)
         member, Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
  • Pat Cummins, Middle Tennessee (2004-08)
         descendant, Cherokee
  • Mark Cantrell, Middle Tennessee (2010-14)
         unknown tribal affiliation
  •   TN Historical Commission
    mandated inclusion of person/s
    of Native American ancestry

• Brent A. Cox (2008-2012)
    444 Cades Atwood Road
    Milan, Tennessee 38358
    731-723-9994

•   Official Disclaimer and Notice
    Board Owner reserves the right to edit or delete any post deemed inappropriate.   |   Material appearing here is distributed without profit or monetary gain to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the material for research and educational purposes, in accordance with Title 17 USC §107.  |  Board Owner assumes no responsibility for the content of posts or for any actions resulting from posts made by anyone who chooses to use this public message board. The opinions expressed on this message board do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the message board owner or any visitors.  |  All posts and wording therein belong to the Original Author. Get permission from the Original Author before "lifting" their post for use elsewhere. It's the respectful (ie, native) way.  |  The original board was begun 8 October 2002. This board was created 28 October 2008.
    TN Commission of Indian Affairs
    Website of the (defunct) TCIA * History of the 1st & 2nd TNCIA

Greene (CNO) v. TCIA   filed 30 June 2010
    Commission terminated     30 June 2010

Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Tom re: Weshok re: Tom re: Weshok re: Tom

Tom,

I haven't figured out why you're babbling on about nothing I wrote, this was about YOU not your momma, not your daddy- Just YOU.

It's a straight up comment regarding CDIB. All this talk about "indian" preference through your mother.

If your mother is an Indian then you have the same blood as her, no?

Which means you should have a piece of paper by the Dept of Interior with your name on it. This isn't magic, it's simple math.

If you are that tired of people digging in your genealogy posting what you say is false information then do something about it don't add to the fire with babbling.

No one has said you've got to flash your CDIB around other than who you say you've got to prove it to and you have not done that, it's been based off of your mother.

Get a backbone dude!

Re: Re: Tom re: Weshok re: Tom re: Weshok re: Tom

sorry, Kathi. you're obviously new to the game and don't understand what's really going on.

this 'babbling' isn't about Indian Preference, proof of mom's tribal status, CIB letter or real genealogy.
    the creation of false genealogies, allegations of different mothers and adoptions, ignoring disputed evidence and failure to provide any actual counter evidence tells any reader who has watched this for a while that this 'discussion' isn't about fact or truth in the least.
    it's about revenge and hate and trying out any new ways to destabilize their political opponents.
    it's about the ability of a couple haters to deny what has already been proven, and to create lies in order to try to get others to suspend their belief and political support.
    this is not my game about proof. it is their game of manipulating power and influence - they win by destabilizing me, the Commission, ACTIA, TNNAC, anything that has crossed their path.
    proof and truth are superfluous to them. and you're just a tool in their game.
    they say they have proof my family's _not_ indian - fine, i say. bring it on. and they bring: one bad genealogy (based on a soundex name) and promises of a day of proof that never comes.

a couple of them already know the truth, have had the fax in their hands for a long time now.
    but instead of accepting the truth and arguing the issues of recognition criteria and outlawing sale of burial items, or any of the other myriad of real issues here, they want to spend their time generating new ways to destabilize me and others who have crossed them with personal attacks.
    so obviously, this is all a time-sucking game for them.
    that's fine. i got infinite time. and i got infinite game.

as for backbones, dude, invertebrates have no need.
    exoskeleton, baby. exoskeleton.

;>

What you say about the politics probably is true, finding weakness is the name of the game as you should know.

You've had control of your destiny on this political game from the beginning; you chose to take the road in which you are now.

Again, you are trying to blame others for your inability to provide documentation of your "Indian" preference YOU chose to identify as such. Their ridicule comes from your own inability to provide proof while expecting others to tote the line you’ve set up. Let’s look at some examples.

In using text taken straight from an application you submitted, you give use your mothers enrollment as the reason for preference instead of your own CDIB.

http://www.tnnac.org/2005/applicants/kunesh.txt
    http://www.tntimes.net/Pages/TCIA%20Resumes.htm

5. Tribal heritage:
    other
    tribe: Hunkpapa/Sihasapa Lakota
    mother, enrolled member, Standing Rock Sioux Tribe,
    Fort Yates, North Dakota

The above application does not mention YOUR cdib. I think you enjoy the controversy.

Moving onto another example, by a colleague of yours, in her online journal, the same identity is reiterated plus additional information about you. This time the information is taken a step further to explain why you are not enrolled.

http://www.tanasijournal.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=259&Itemid=1&ed=34

"Kunesh received Indian preference from the board of the Tennessee Native American Convention after presenting proof of lineage. Kunesh's mother is an enrolled member of the Standing Rock Lakota Nation. Kunesh is ineligible for enrollment due to tribal blood quantum laws."

Last example is still of your own free will being posted on the World Wide Web, to post a miniature picture of a letter thru DOI. No one other than you is setting yourself up for questions to be raised.

If you are able to go thru all the trouble to provide information about your mother being enrolled including CDIB then you should be able to go thru all the hoops to get a CDIB for yourself to end of all this madness. But then again just because your mother has a CDIB doesn’t necessarily mean you have the ability to obtain a CDIB.

>What you say about the politics probably is true, finding weakness is the
    >name of the game as you should know. You've had control of your destiny on
    >this political game from the beginning; you chose to take the road in which
    >you are now.

in part. it's not a real game if any one party has control over the whole game.
    not all elements of the game, including the players, are chosen.

>Again, you are trying to blame others for your inability to provide
    >documentation of your "Indian" preference YOU chose to identify as such.

not at all. i don't "blame" anybody for the documentation that i have provided to several parties, including TNNAC, NAIA, several commissioners and other third-parties. and there's no "inability to provide documentation". the documentation is there. i have my copy. others say they have documentation that shows otherwise and are eager to provide it ... but what 'they' once provided is obviously bogus (and undefended), ... and nothing else has been presented.

>their ridicule comes from your own inability to provide proof while
    >expecting others to tote the line you’ve set up.

'their ridicule' is name-calling and posing. no content, thus essentially worthless.
    i have shown proof to several parties. opponents here have themselves seen proof.
    i see no reason to provide anything else when there's no valid challenge.
    i expect nobody to toe any line apart from the one they set for themselves.
    if they provide information they consider true, i expect them to be able to
    support it. so far they haven't been able to do that.

>In using text taken straight from an application you submitted, you give use
    >your mothers enrollment as the reason for preference instead of your own CDIB.

correct.

>The above application does not mention YOUR cdib.

correct. i don't have a CIB or CDIB to mention.

>I think you enjoy the controversy.

i enjoy the game, and the irony. part of it is also public service: so long as they
    have one tarbaby to smack, it occupies at least part of their their time and venom.

>If you are able to go thru all the trouble to provide information about your
    >mother being enrolled including CDIB then you should be able to go thru all
    >the hoops to get a CDIB for yourself to end of all this madness.

it's not madness. it's just a prolonged, slowly progressive call & response,
    jostling each other for position.

>But then again just because your mother has a CDIB
    >doesn’t necessarily mean you have the ability to obtain a CDIB.

true. and that's a tribal policy.

;>

Tom,

You can break down every word I write but it still amounts to a bunch of “nothing” at the same time not resolving a single complaint you have about fraudulent this, misrepresentation that.

All these people you call your political enemies are of your own creation by not providing CDIB and living off your supposed mother’s identity. You expect all others to live up to your guiding principle at the same time not expecting the same of yourself, why? The bottom line is because you can’t produce or have the BIA create the same documentation being a CDIB.

Nothing has changed in the Interior’s system since I last posted, it’s still a simple matter of math, subtraction of blood from one person to the next. The truth always prevails and your time will come. The sad part is you’ve made yourself so public that the ultimate embarrassment is coming down the road, you know it, and you feel it.

Plenty of people, decedents have gotten letters thru the BIA so it’s not like you’d be asking for something that doesn’t already exist. Surely it’s just a form letter they spit out. Since you’ve already got half the battle conquered to submit evidence being the letter you posted on the net, it shouldn’t take that long to obtain a copy to you.

Instead of giving your opponents more frivolous nonsense to work from, how about you actually compose a response that would actually give credence to your stance of working with Fed Indians. Playing the fence usually has a bad outcome.

Kathi - i'm trying to understand the purpose of your interest and involvement is with this issue. haven't figured it out.
    - you just butt into local arguments about who's indian when somebody isn't quick enough to prove up?

my family information was reviewed and verified already, and attested to by tribal members. others whine that they didn't see it, but haven't been able to document any problem with which to challenge the initial validation. the info can be re-verified at anytime by anybody willing to write to Standing Rock.
    there are only two very simple facts at issue here:
    1. my mom is an enrolled member of Standing Rock.
    2. i am my mom's son by blood.
    these two simple statements are either true or false.
    these are basic facts whose truth can be easily checked by any reasonable person.
    my assistance in checking these facts is irrelevant and potentially counter-productive: anybody who doesn't trust my word on the issue now is unlikely to trust any other words or photo reproductions that i submit as proof. the only way for you and others to obtain the quality of assurance that you want is to ground proof the data yourselves without involvement of the party in question, me.

>The bottom line is because you can’t produce or have the BIA create the same documentation being a CDIB.
    >Nothing has changed in the Interior’s system since I last posted, it’s still a simple matter of math, subtraction of blood from one person to the next. The truth always prevails and your time will come. The sad part is you’ve made yourself so public that the ultimate embarrassment is coming down the road, you know it, and you feel it.

that's funny. please let me know when you get your responses from checking the facts so i can remind you of your present words.
    if you understand math, you know that division and multiplication are both operations of scaling, each being the inverse of the other. if we're dealing with parent and the parent's natural child, it doesn't matter whose blood-quantum number you obtain since the number of the other person's is truly "a simple matter of math".

>living off your supposed mother’s identity

we all live off of our parents' identities: our skin is a product of our supposed parents, our nationality is a product of our supposed parents, our language and religion, our names, all are products of our supposed parents.
    - your supposed point is?

these "political enemies" are not creations of my lack of producing my mother's enrollment documents. their animosity goes back a decade in some cases, and in others starting with my opposition to the recognition of culture clubs as state tribes. the bottom line is that half of them already know that i'm indian and find it easier and in their own political interest to play dumb, and the other half is hoping that the others' lies are true.

what "ultimate embarrassment" on this issue is that the truth is at Standing Rock, and for some inexplicable reason, my self-chosen enemies, and apparently you, either refuse to try to access that information, or have obtained the information and refuse to share the results. curious. the claim repeats itself every time they say they Have Something ... and it proves to be false. i don't need credence from anybody but those i work with and already know. anybody else can either do the work themselves or resort to name-calling.

but hey, if you wanna play the card cop, i'd be happy to meet you in Nashville
    and we can show each other "the ultimate embarrassment".

;>

Re: Re: Re: Tom re: Weshok re: Tom re: Weshok re: Tom

Yo chief WTF I know peeps on standing rock thus stop the palaver and get to the point and oh yeah my kin once met you at a so called powwow in the land of andy jackoff and wasnt too impressed with your EGO show but do tell me how you will save all the indians if they follow you

TN & American Indian Related Links
  • Tennessee Legislature
  • Tennessee Executive Branch
  • Federal Government Links
  • Tennessee.gov
  • TN Attorney General
  • TnCIA official website

• Native American Indian Association of Tennessee (NAIA)
    Advisory Council on Tennessee Indian Affairs (ACTIA)
    Alliance for Native American Indian Rights (ANAIR)
    Tennessee Native American Convention (TNNAC)
    Tennessee Trail of Tears Association (TnTOTA)
    Tn Commission of Indian Affairs (Unofficial)
    Chattanooga InterTribal Association (CITA)
    InterTribal Sacred Land Trust (ITSLT)
    The Forum
    Tanasi Journal
    Native Nashville
    TN Indian Affairs Blog
    Chikamaka History Timeline
    Mundo Hispano/Hispanic World
    Tennessee Ancient Sites Conservancy
    Indian Burial & Sacred Grounds Watch

National Native News Links
    Indianz.com
    Indian Country News
    NativeBiz
    NARF
    Indian Country
    Wotanging Ikche/
    Native American News
    NAGPRA
    Pechanga.net
    Aboriginal/First Nations/Native
    News in Canada
    Mohawk Nation News - Daily News from the Mohawk Nation Native News
    Native American Times,
    the nation's largest
    independent Indian
    news source
    On The Wings
    of Eagles

NativeNews Online
    Native news,
    Views and Legends

Health Needs / Job Seeker Links
    Partnership for
    Prescription Assistance
    CMATS - TN Dept of Labor
    & Workforce Development
    Manpower Inc.
    Locate Your KELLY Office

One Feather Books Poison's Icons Badge

345058 Visitors to Original Board

Each individual post and its content are the sole responsibility of its Author.