Issues Affecting American Indians in Tennessee
This message board is provided as a public service for the specific purpose of sharing and discussing any and all issues that directly or indirectly pertain to Native American Indians living in Tennessee.
This board does not represent or speak for any organization.

American Indians in Tennessee government volunteer service
TN Archaeological Advisory Council
mandated 3 Native American representatives
  • Michael Lynch, West Tennessee (2008-12)
         member, Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
  • Pat Cummins, Middle Tennessee (2004-08)
         descendant, Cherokee
  • Mark Cantrell, Middle Tennessee (2010-14)
         unknown tribal affiliation
  •   TN Historical Commission
    mandated inclusion of person/s
    of Native American ancestry

• Brent A. Cox (2008-2012)
    444 Cades Atwood Road
    Milan, Tennessee 38358
    731-723-9994

•   Official Disclaimer and Notice
    Board Owner reserves the right to edit or delete any post deemed inappropriate.   |   Material appearing here is distributed without profit or monetary gain to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the material for research and educational purposes, in accordance with Title 17 USC §107.  |  Board Owner assumes no responsibility for the content of posts or for any actions resulting from posts made by anyone who chooses to use this public message board. The opinions expressed on this message board do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the message board owner or any visitors.  |  All posts and wording therein belong to the Original Author. Get permission from the Original Author before "lifting" their post for use elsewhere. It's the respectful (ie, native) way.  |  The original board was begun 8 October 2002. This board was created 28 October 2008.
    TN Commission of Indian Affairs
    Website of the (defunct) TCIA * History of the 1st & 2nd TNCIA

Greene (CNO) v. TCIA   filed 30 June 2010
    Commission terminated     30 June 2010

Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    cowards & their lies 2

friends - thanks for the heads up.

Ron 'Two Dogs' Williams (Chippewa/Oneida from Lac Courte Oreilles Band
    of Ojibwe up in Wisconsin) originally posted his genealogical fraud
    three months ago (15oct08) on the earlier version of this board.
    >Two Dogs
    >Indian Preference ?????????
    >Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:01PM
    >205.188.116.203
    >
    >In this small piece of "web work" we'll untangled 3 major points of
    >misinformation along with failure to disclose certain facts:
    >1) Incorrect location for marriage of Charles' and Mary Louise.
    >2) Incorrect last name of Mary Louise Seers/St. Cyr.
    >3) Incorrect ethnic group for Mary Louise St. Cyr.
    >4) Exclusion of fact 1: Charles was married twice.
    >5) Exclusion of fact 2: The biological mothers of children.

i responded on 16oct08, pointing out the problems and lack of evidence,
    but no response was posted. Ron posted it again recently on the blonde web
    board, dredging the hate-filled bottoms for more genealogical suckers.

Ron's and others' continued bad investigation of my family's genealogy, his and others' claims to know more about my family than my family itself, and the continued support of not only bad but intentionally faked evidence - maintained on Tammera Hicks' web message board that caters to anonymous haters, calls into question the moral values of these liars and those who help spread the lies.

there is a very simple letter response from Standing Rock that some of them have already seen indicating that my mother, Louise Marie Kelly Kunesh, whose name was once wrongly transcribed as 'Laurie', is indeed a member of the tribe. to date, none of them have been willing to acknowledge much less post the letter, especially in its unedited version, because it would prove them to be the liars they've been for the past several years.

i understand that some of you doubt my word as i myself doubt others' claims. and that nothing i say or information i provide would convince you otherwise. so i encourage you to do the opposite - don't take my word for the truth of this issue, or TNNAC's word, and especially not proven liars' word, but investigate it yourself as you have investigated my military service record, academic record, and family members.

i have copies of my mom's tribal papers and other documents proving her enrollment and her birthed children, and have shown them to several trusted members of the community. i showed them to the TNNAC genealogy committee and was given Indian Preference on the basis of that evidence. i have not provided the documentation to others because the attacks on me are personal, not evidentiary. evidence was provided by me and others to TNNAC, and no-one is disputing the Indian Preference of any other person who TNNAC determined merited Indian Preference. no-one else has been subjected to the same prolonged level of personal attacks as i have been, demonstrating the degree to which theirs is a personal psychological battle of hate, not a disagreement over policy.
    along with many others i believe that attempts to libel and blackmail with false information should be resisted on the principle that haters, as terrorists, should not profit from their evil deeds. i have been advised constantly not to provide personal information publicly because to do so would validate the power of these attacks, encourage similar attacks on others, and because it would set a precedent of public disclosure of personal records that many persons do want to expose themselves to.
    snide anonymous comments by cowards abound, but note that at no time has any real person provided any evidence that my mother is not an enrolled member of Standing Rock. i've been informed that many have written to the tribe for such a letter of denial, but curiously, none have posted the letters they received in response. until such time that a real named individual is willing to take personal responsibility for disproving my truth claim, they remain the cowards and liars and haters that they have shown themselves to be.

Broschaus = Brassaux ?!  as for Ron 'Two Dogs' Williams repeated claim to having genealogical proof, it's a joke or an intentional fraud, depending on your opinion of Ron himself.

as always, look for the truth claims and the evidence used to support them.
    RTDW offered two pieces of evidence:
    1. the 1857 St Louis marriage record for Charles Primeau & Mary Louise Cyr, and
    2. the 1850 Federal Census of St. Louis, Ward 1 (Independent City), Household 492/895, that he says is all about "Mary Louise St. Cyr- Brassaux, listed as Mary, age 26, born in France, same as her husband Pierre Brassaux."

the first record he cites - the 1857 marriage of Primeau & Cyr in St Louis - is true. what i wrote in the 1980s (Seers in North Dakota) was based on family stories that i hadn't proofed yet. the truth is far more interesting. but Mary Louise's surname is written in all the records as 'Cyr', not 'St Cyr'. and the fact of a marriage between a man named Primeau and a woman named 'Cyr' (as opposed to 'Seers'), in St Louis (as opposed to North Dakota), changes nothing genetically or genealogically.

the second record - the 1850 census record supposedly of a 'Brassaux' in St Louis, Ward 1, Household 492/895 - is no proof at all since the 'Broschaus' family actually listed therein is not 'Brassaux' at all. Ron is engaged here in a complete and utter fabrication - fiction with an evil purpose, in which he glories. he baits you with a lie, provides false evidence that no chicken idiot even bothers to check out, then repeats it, and is commended by the other chicken idiots for its accuracy. ... and folks at commission meetings wonder why the culture clubs in Tennessee aren't taken in the least bit seriously.

so, back to Ron's claims:
    >1) Incorrect location for marriage of Charles' and Mary Louise.

true: _St Louis_ instead of North Dakota.
    but he's using an old unrevised genealogical record, and
    the location lower on the Missouri River doesn't change the ancestry.

>2) Incorrect last name of Mary Louise Seers/St. Cyr.

false: 'Seers' was listed on an old genealogical record as a potential phonetically-spelled variant. the correct spelling of the surname in the documents is 'Cyr', not 'St_Cyr'. but 'Cyr' itself may be a misspelling since we don't currently know who her father was.
    no evidence has been shown to indicate that 'St' is part of the surname.
    (the 'St_Cyr' is a well-documented family that goes back to the first white man in Madison, Wisconsin, and his Ho-Chunk wife, and to a later well-known founder of St Louis itself. but there's no indication anywhere that there's a relationship between this Cyr and the St_Cyr family.)

>3) Incorrect ethnic group for Mary Louise St. Cyr.

false: there is no 'Mary Louise St. Cyr' in any 19th-century US census that i know of, and none that ancestry.com can find: "Your Search for Mary Louise St. Cyr returned no matches"
    the only ethnic group listed anywhere of the wife of Charles Primeau (Mary Louise Cyr, ttbomk) is "FB Indian".

>4) Exclusion of fact 1: Charles was married twice.

false: entirely possible, but no evidence provided, thus no fact.
    to include "married twice" as a fact would require proof of two marriages. as is, we have one.

>5) Exclusion of fact 2: The biological mothers of children.

false: entirely possible, but no evidence provided, thus no fact.
    to include any statement of "biological" as opposed to step or adoptive mothers as a fact would require proof.

summary: Ron 'Two Dogs' Williams made 5 claims of truth.
    one is correct. four are not only false but based on false evidence he himself introduces (the 1850 St Louis census, Ward 1, 492/895), and no real evidence.

Broschaus = Brassaux ?!
    Ron 'Two Dogs' Williams' attempt at genealogy:
    >Mary Louise ST. Cyr-Brassaux-Primeau
    >1850 Federal Census - St. Louis MISSOURI
    >Ward 1 (Independent City)
    >July 24, 1850
    >Household 492/895
    >Mary Louise St. Cyr- Brassaux, listed as Mary, age 26, born in France,
    >same as her husband Pierre Brassaux. (Living next to some KUHN's.
    >Are these your people too? Kunesh is a derivative of Kuhn,
    >but I'm sure you already knew that.)

search.ancestry.com ... and there it is:
    1850 US Census of St Louis, Ward 1, Household 492/895,
    with the page beginning with "Henriette Kuhn":

31 492 895 Pet. Broschaus 26 m Joiner $600 France
    32 ............. Mary do 26 f do
    33 ............. Elisabeth do 2 f Mo
    34 ............. M. El. do 1/4 f do
    35 ............. Adelh. Cortin 21 f France
    36 ............. Cathr. Frank 40 f do
    37 ............. Martin do 3 m Mo.
    38 ............. Eun L. Cortin 3 m do
    39 ............. Aug. do 1/4 m do
    40 ............. Georg Waldguh 20 m Joiner France
    41 ............. Michl do 21 m do Polen
    42 .... 896 .. Carl Karthaus 27 m do Germ

"do" = "ditto"

apparently Ron believes "Broschaus" is soundex-close-enough to "Brassaux",
    and his wife "Mary" Broschaus is "Mary Louise St. Cyr- Brassaux",
    both from France.
    ... but no daughters "Mary Louise" or "Emma".

nothing like a fake genealogist who steers people onto a false trail.

Re: cowards & their lies 2

Will you post a larger picture of the letter I assume is from standing rock. It is too small to read and making it bigger blurs the letter to the point that I can't read it.
    Unless this is your intention? There is no sense in posting proof if the reader can't read it.

entirely possible, but no evidence provided, thus no fact.

"TwoDogs - am always impressed how easily and willingly you pick up other people's garbage and mouth it as your own. "

"when the other coward who wrote these lies that you've now copied to this forum --"

I wonder why your statements have morphed from "the other coward who wrote these lies" to "Ron 'Two Dogs' Williams' attempt at genealogy: and Two Dogs cites." etc , etc. Is it becuase I would be easier to discredit than the unknown professional genealogist.

When you speak out of both sides of your mouth...you discredit yourself !

tom
    cowards & their lies
    Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:30AM

Ron Williams aka Two Dogs copied:
    >1850 Federal Census – St. Louis MISSOURI
    >July 24, 1850
    >Household 492/895
    >Mary Louise St. Cyr- Brassaux, listed as Mary, age 26, born in France, same as her husband Pierre Brassaux.
    >(Living next to some KUHN’s. Are these your people too? Kunesh is a derivative of Kuhn, but I’m sure you already knew that.)

apparently i'm missing something ...
    - where does it say "Mary Louise St. Cyr"
    - where does it say "Brassaux"?
    - this is what you & your girlfriends claim is proof that members of my family are not enrolled at Standing Rock?
    - a white census of none of my relatives taken before Standing Rock reservation existed
    and 1,000 miles south ?

;>

come on. an amateur genealogist should be able to do better than that.

TwoDogs - am always impressed how easily and willingly you pick up other people's garbage and mouth it as your own.

when the other coward who wrote these lies that you've now copied to this forum --
    the one who calls herself "those that tell the TRUTH are willing to show proof" is willing to take public and legal responsibility for her bogus research, i'll be more than happy to point out the many errors in her assumptions, and invite her to defend her lies in a court of law where libel belongs and truth has a better chance of winning against anonymous innuendoes and faked histories.

until then, i suggest that you and your girlfriends continue pleading with the enrollment office at Fort Yates for a hardcopy signed letter stating that my mother is not, in fact, an enrolled member. i also encourage you to send them a $100 donation to show your honorable intentions (somebody, at least, ought to be making a nickel off of your frustrated genealogical pursuits).

for the rest of you watching the early 2009 TNNAC negative campaigning ... anonymous truth isn't the problem.
    it's when people hide behind anonymity to tell "their LIES" that they claim to be "the TRUTH". the only 'repercussion' they're running from is legal liability for their own words. if their words are true, they have nothing to fear. if their words are false, i get their house and car and computer as compensation for the damage they're doing. and yes, fellow Chattanoogans Ron Williams aka Two Dogs and Tammera Hicks,
    you're right in there with her ...
    cowards promoting other cowards hiding behind anonymous message-board postings.

cowards & their lies 3

Ron '2Dogs' Williams wrote:
    >I wonder why your statements have morphed from "the other coward who wrote these lies"
    >to "Ron 'Two Dogs' Williams' attempt at genealogy: and Two Dogs cites." etc , etc.
    >Is it becuase I would be easier to discredit than the unknown professional genealogist.

when false information is presented as true,
    it discredits all persons who promote it,
    "Ron 'Two Dogs' Williams" and "unknown professional genealogist",
    ... anybody else you want to involve.

Re: cowards & their lies 3

"when false information is presented as true,
    it discredits all persons who promote it,"

"TwoDogs - am always impressed how easily and willingly you pick up other people's garbage and mouth it as your own. "

"when the other coward who wrote these lies that you've now copied to this forum --"

I wonder why your statements have morphed from "the other coward who wrote these lies" to "Ron 'Two Dogs' Williams' attempt at genealogy: and Two Dogs cites." etc , etc. Is it becuase I would be easier to discredit than the unknown professional genealogist.

When you speak out of both sides of your mouth...you discredit yourself !

tom
    cowards & their lies
    Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:30AM

Ron Williams aka Two Dogs copied:
    >1850 Federal Census – St. Louis MISSOURI
    >July 24, 1850
    >Household 492/895
    >Mary Louise St. Cyr- Brassaux, listed as Mary, age 26, born in France, same as her husband Pierre Brassaux.
    >(Living next to some KUHN’s. Are these your people too? Kunesh is a derivative of Kuhn, but I’m sure you already knew that.)

apparently i'm missing something ...
    - where does it say "Mary Louise St. Cyr"
    - where does it say "Brassaux"?
    - this is what you & your girlfriends claim is proof that members of my family are not enrolled at Standing Rock?
    - a white census of none of my relatives taken before Standing Rock reservation existed
    and 1,000 miles south ?

;>

come on. an amateur genealogist should be able to do better than that.

TwoDogs - am always impressed how easily and willingly you pick up other people's garbage and mouth it as your own.

when the other coward who wrote these lies that you've now copied to this forum --
    the one who calls herself "those that tell the TRUTH are willing to show proof" is willing to take public and legal responsibility for her bogus research, i'll be more than happy to point out the many errors in her assumptions, and invite her to defend her lies in a court of law where libel belongs and truth has a better chance of winning against anonymous innuendoes and faked histories.

until then, i suggest that you and your girlfriends continue pleading with the enrollment office at Fort Yates for a hardcopy signed letter stating that my mother is not, in fact, an enrolled member. i also encourage you to send them a $100 donation to show your honorable intentions (somebody, at least, ought to be making a nickel off of your frustrated genealogical pursuits).

for the rest of you watching the early 2009 TNNAC negative campaigning ... anonymous truth isn't the problem.
    it's when people hide behind anonymity to tell "their LIES" that they claim to be "the TRUTH". the only 'repercussion' they're running from is legal liability for their own words. if their words are true, they have nothing to fear. if their words are false, i get their house and car and computer as compensation for the damage they're doing. and yes, fellow Chattanoogans Ron Williams aka Two Dogs and Tammera Hicks,
    you're right in there with her ...
    cowards promoting other cowards hiding behind anonymous message-board postings.

2nd request to tom

To obtain a larger copy of the letter from standing rock in reference to your family. The original copy you have posted is too small to read and when enlarged is to distorted. Please supply a larger legiable copy of the standing rock letter.

K. Wesho-Bauer

Re: 2nd request to tom

sorry, no.

Ron '2Dogs' Williams has said he has proof that my family's not indian. Ron '2Dogs' Williams & hate-list-host Tammera Hicks live here in Chattanooga. we've attended the same meetings and know who each other are. i'm calling him a liar and calling his bluff. all he has to do to show that he's telling the truth (and conversely, that i'm wrong) is to provide the documents he says he has.

yes, i could provide again the same documentation that i provided to TNNAC and NAIA for review years ago that show my mom's status as an enrolled member of Standing Rock. but nobody challenged it then, and nobody is challenging anybody else's or anybody else's parent's tribal status now. the burden of proof is with the person/s, like Ron '2Dogs' Williams, who say/s he/they has/have proof-positive to the contrary.

i enjoy my privacy and safeguard it when i can. i've put out what i consider public information - my military service, my academics, my past jobs, my mom's tribal status. i don't publicize my birthdate or address or driver's license status or social security number, i don't publicize my mom's name or enrollment data, and increasingly i say less about myself and my family to protect their privacy too. ... but all that, including my mom's tribal status, can be checked by anybody willing and competent to do the work of checking facts. it's not that difficult. so, i did my work. others said they did the same work but better. i checked their work and proved it wrong. until they come up with better, ie, actually true, work, my claim stands.

i don't know you. you haven't put out your whole name or address or tribal status or work history or military service or academics or genealogy here, with supporting documentation, that i can tell. you aren't involved with the Commission, you're not in Tennessee. as best i can tell, you don't have any dog in this fight, so i don't know why you're getting involved in this issue.

but hey, next time you're in Chattanooga, lemme know
    and we can meet, i'll buy you a coffee,
    and we can share stories.

;>

Re: Re: 2nd request to tom

obviously any criticism i write about others' incompetent research will be ignored,
    and anything i write about myself and my family will be demeaned and denied by my fan-club of haters,
    and provides you with yet another tangent on which to deviate from the
    original criticism of incompetent genealogical research,
    and your lack of standing on this issue.

apparently for you to believe and accept any answers, they should come straight
    from the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe directly to you, whoever you may be.
    you have all the info you need. have at it.

i look forward to you posting their complete, unedited responses. including
    the responses that some of you already have obtained and aren't posting.

;>

Re: cowards & their lies 2

This appears very much to resemble the 'genealogy' as posted by Kelly Smith some time back. This was an attempt to discredit Tom Kunesh and veer the attention off herself when her own genealogy was posted showing she had no indian ancestors. I believe if you dig in the archives at indianz dot com and kelly's old board, this is the information she posted.
    She was asking questions of a tribal member and was told Tom's family is Standing Rock. When that wasn't the answer she wanted, she began taunting and attempting to discredit the tribal member providing the information.

If I'm incorrect, Two Dogs or one of the other readers will correct me.

TN & American Indian Related Links
  • Tennessee Legislature
  • Tennessee Executive Branch
  • Federal Government Links
  • Tennessee.gov
  • TN Attorney General
  • TnCIA official website

• Native American Indian Association of Tennessee (NAIA)
    Advisory Council on Tennessee Indian Affairs (ACTIA)
    Alliance for Native American Indian Rights (ANAIR)
    Tennessee Native American Convention (TNNAC)
    Tennessee Trail of Tears Association (TnTOTA)
    Tn Commission of Indian Affairs (Unofficial)
    Chattanooga InterTribal Association (CITA)
    InterTribal Sacred Land Trust (ITSLT)
    The Forum
    Tanasi Journal
    Native Nashville
    TN Indian Affairs Blog
    Chikamaka History Timeline
    Mundo Hispano/Hispanic World
    Tennessee Ancient Sites Conservancy
    Indian Burial & Sacred Grounds Watch

National Native News Links
    Indianz.com
    Indian Country News
    NativeBiz
    NARF
    Indian Country
    Wotanging Ikche/
    Native American News
    NAGPRA
    Pechanga.net
    Aboriginal/First Nations/Native
    News in Canada
    Mohawk Nation News - Daily News from the Mohawk Nation Native News
    Native American Times,
    the nation's largest
    independent Indian
    news source
    On The Wings
    of Eagles

NativeNews Online
    Native news,
    Views and Legends

Health Needs / Job Seeker Links
    Partnership for
    Prescription Assistance
    CMATS - TN Dept of Labor
    & Workforce Development
    Manpower Inc.
    Locate Your KELLY Office

One Feather Books Poison's Icons Badge

345058 Visitors to Original Board

Each individual post and its content are the sole responsibility of its Author.