Vertex - Dethecus
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
strat ud (baron) 45 minute speed run

so juggrenaught, adenofhic, akuzas, gearon and myself (kormie, priest) attempted this run today. it is definately exciting and i highly recommend giving it a shot if you're looking to continue the tier .5 quests. imo a party capable of doing this in under 45 minutes should be composed of a tank, priest and 3 dps (all fairly well geared and competent players). also although not strictly necessary, pots are a huge help. i would never bother attempting this with a pug.

you can start the instance normally, killing the first 4 groups of skeletons with AoE but note that as soon as you open the next gate the event will start. buff up and when everyone's ready open the gate and start running. when the event starts everyone in the group receives a debuff which is on a 45 minute timer. no adverse effects but once the timer reaches 0 baron will execute his prisoner and you won't be able to complete the quest. note as well that if you die you can rez and continue but you won't receive any additional time to kill baron.

as i had a bit of knowledge as to the path i was pulling most mobs with my wand, shackling as necessary. casters were silenced and line-of-sight was used to keep targets away from other groups. because i was chain pulling mobs i wasn't drinking at all and relying mostly on regen to continue healing. it might work better if people know the instance to have a non-mana class pull so the priest can help dps. when we got to the stitched horror gates (skipping the magistrate) we had roughly 16 minutes left on our timer. again chain pulling the stitched horrors, after the 2nd last mob everyone stopped to drink. the final mob was killed on the steps to barons house (fortress, whatever) so that as soon as he died and ramstein opened the doors we ran inside.

the ramstien fight went well enough except that he cleaves and it is a somewhat tough to fight close quarters as everyone takes some splash damage. once ramstein dies the 5 elite skeletons spawn at the top of the stairs, just inside the doors. we ended up fighting the 5 elites there which ended up not working out, only our rogue and tank survived. we did have 5 minutes left at that point but rezzing took too much time.

i would assume that if you kill ramstien at the bottom of the stairs closest to barons room and if everyone is close enough together you can avoid aggro from the elite skeletons all together. this however remains to be seen and i will post once i find out what works best here.

for the most part this is the route we took which seemed to work very well. note that the corridor between the "11" and "12" zigurats has a trap where everyone should run in at the same time and you will have to AoE 20 or so bugs or rats, just like the trap in strat live.

Re: strat ud (baron) 45 minute speed run

this just in: baron dies in < 45 mins!

yeah, we finished the baron run today on our 3rd try for the day. a little glitchy which is somewhat to be expected right after the 1.10 patch.

basically we just chain pulled the route and then did the ramstein fight and elite skeletons as per usual. the doors did take about 45 seconds-1 minute to open after the elite skeles, but we still finished with 2 or 3 minutes to spare.

i guess jugg has a thread going with a good pic but i'll post another here:

45 minute speed run