Return to Website

(South) Bourne School Discussion Group

This message board has now closed and former pupils should go to the school facebook page linked from Ruislip Online.

In due course this messageboard will be lapsed.

(South) Bourne School Discussion Group
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bourne 1969 - 1974

Maggie Kew do you remember me? Elaine Lewis from Bessimby Rd. I am now in Australia and have been now for the last 28years. Any one else who remembers me it would be great to here from you all.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Vividly remember the list of teachers. Had Mr Rance as form tutor in the 'Rat Room' for what seemed like an eternity. Recognised a number of names on list but mostly in years above but you may remember my brother Malcolm Kew and Angela Kew. Remember Ms Booth and Freda Fossey as PE teachers - saw Mr Clarke at old school reunion several years ago He hadn't changed!!

Replying to:

Stephen

I was at Bourne from Sept 1959-July 1964. Previous I was at Lady Bankes, can you imagine the relief of leaving Mr Rance behind only for HIM to become my form teacher in September 1962 at Bourne,Mr Crombie, Mr Kelly we nicknamed the Black Monk of BODMAS if any one can remember any alegebra (try me).Mr Clarke was still working teaching trampoline at Queensmead about 4years ago. Mr Ramsbotham i remember a lad being CANED for calling him sheepsar--Many Many Memories??????????????????????????/

Replying to:

Martin,

Your name rings a bell. Obviously you were in a higher year than me at Bourne, but from the list of names you have given, I think that David Hogg, Clive Waller, Keith Mahoney and Ken Reading were in the year above me. I think that Ken Reading went out with Sue Parr (sister of friend of mine Colin Parr, who went to St Nicks).

All 3 into rock music at that time.....I think? As was myself.....and still am!

Replying to:

Stephen, I was trying to find out what had happened to some of the old friends I went to school with. I received this web address

and noticed many of the teachers that taught you were the same for my classes. I attended Lady Bankes from 61-66, and Bourne from 67-72. I do not remember your name or any of the people who have responded. I think the site is a great idea for linking old friends together.

What happened to them;

David Hogg

Alan Cooper

Dean Johnson

Ken Reading

Brian O'Connor

Paul Ducheck

Clive Waller

Simon Simms

Stephen Good

Bill Mardell

Keith Mahoney

Brett Anderson (USA)

John Purchase

Micheal Drabwell

LADY BANKES - 61-67

Gail Brown

Carol Page

Gillian Faulkner

Anthony Faulkner

Colin & Ian Christie

Colin Eason

Robert East

Marilyn Braithwaite

Gillian Gristwood

Please respond if your name is on the list.

Replying to:

I started at Bourne in Autumn of 1969, and left in Summer of 1974. I was in classes 1K through to 5K.

'Harry' Hull was the Headmaster, who also took me for History in 4th & 5th year.

I remember 'vividly' Mr Rance (Biology), fortunately only for one year. Also....

Mr Crombie (E.W.T.P)

Mr Roper (Metalwork)

Mr Herman (Woodwork).....and Miss Young!!!

Mr Kelly (Various)

Mr Hogarth (Maths)

Mr Clark (P.E/Games)

Mr Ramsbotham (Geography)

Mr Barber (Music)

Mr Philips (Art etc)

Mr Dalton - Deputy Head (Geography)..Hitler!!!

Mr Mead (Woodwork)

Mr Paine (P.E/Games)

Mr Devine (Technical Drawing)

Mrs Crocombe (English)

Miss Young (English)

Miss Ball (R.E)

Mrs Lasman (French)...Ouch!!!

Mrs Poulton (Art)

Prior to this, I went to Lady Bankes from 1963 to 1969.

Would like to here from anyone else out there who attended Lady Bankes in the Sixties or Bourne in the early seventies.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bourne 1969 - 1974

I remember mr ramsbottom. mr rance. and miss ball. mr ramsbottom used to make you stand in the corner of the classroom if he caught you mucking about. his catchphrase was. What you need is a good kick up the pants you clown! If anyone lost their temper and went into a rage we used to call it doing a rance! also recall giving miss ball smart arse answers in RE she would ask. Why was the high priest so named? would reply.Because he was taller than anyone else! probably why I never made it as a vicar! alan spiller also known as spooks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bourne 1969 - 1974

I know all these people listed,I left 72
You maybe remember Mrs Roberts (my sister inlaw if anyone guesssed, few did)
Andrew Roberts