Return to Website

(South) Bourne School Discussion Group

This message board has now closed and former pupils should go to the school facebook page linked from Ruislip Online.

In due course this messageboard will be lapsed.

(South) Bourne School Discussion Group
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Bourne 1969 - 1974

Hi Martin. Remeber your name but can't remember what u looked like. I left Bourne in 69 but still keep in touch with Pete (Jethro) Tull who was the Major General in Pirates of Penzance (I played Sam the pirate). Richard Persell played the Pirate King. Also kept in touch with Roger Wiles who I think is still the Park Keeper in Bessingby. I am now living in Newbury working for Vodafone.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Brian,

I recognised many of the names on your list including yours, here are a few more,

Ian Ellis

Malcombe Veal

Brain Lewis

Ellis Leyland

Dennis Potter

John Catton

Paul Marshall

Andy Cooper

By the way I see Mr clark in Ruislip High Street regularly and he also attends St Martins church. Dq you remember the pottery teacher, can`t remember his name. He used to sing in the G&S Operas.

Replying to:

Iwas at Lady Bankes from 1961 to 1967 and Bourne between 1967 and 1972 when I left to join what is now BT (have been with them since then). The list of teachers brought back many memories. I was in Warrender through my years there. I remember Mr. Herman and Miss Young and their affair! Mr. Simmonds took us for science. My french teacher was Mr. Stevens (we used to call him robot Stevens as he always was bolt upright when he sat and walked). I used to play trumpet in the school orchestra when we did G&S opera's. We did one opera written by a parent and Martin Beech called Numbers anonymous all about computers ruling our lives hmmm.... I still have the music I played. Paul McKentee was a musical genious who could play virtually any instrument I recall. I remember the music competition every year. There was one boy, Austin Allen, who used to play drums. He had a boy sitting in front of his drum kit to stop it from travelling across the floor. Mr. Clark used to make us do handstands and if we couldn't he would smack us with his plimsoll, but he was a nice teacher. I could go on for ages but names from my year were

Steve Montague,

Chris Golding

Steve Scott

Steve Watson

John Waldren,

Jackie Cook

Joan Parker,

Perry Turney

Steve Hone

Paul McKentee,

Austin Allen

Irwin Allen

Malcolm Findell

Laurence Riva

Ian Brittan

Ian Rock

I'm sure more will come to mind.

Brian

Replying to:

I started at Bourne in Autumn of 1969, and left in Summer of 1974. I was in classes 1K through to 5K.

'Harry' Hull was the Headmaster, who also took me for History in 4th & 5th year.

I remember 'vividly' Mr Rance (Biology), fortunately only for one year. Also....

Mr Crombie (E.W.T.P)

Mr Roper (Metalwork)

Mr Herman (Woodwork).....and Miss Young!!!

Mr Kelly (Various)

Mr Hogarth (Maths)

Mr Clark (P.E/Games)

Mr Ramsbotham (Geography)

Mr Barber (Music)

Mr Philips (Art etc)

Mr Dalton - Deputy Head (Geography)..Hitler!!!

Mr Mead (Woodwork)

Mr Paine (P.E/Games)

Mr Devine (Technical Drawing)

Mrs Crocombe (English)

Miss Young (English)

Miss Ball (R.E)

Mrs Lasman (French)...Ouch!!!

Mrs Poulton (Art)

Prior to this, I went to Lady Bankes from 1963 to 1969.

Would like to here from anyone else out there who attended Lady Bankes in the Sixties or Bourne in the early seventies.