Return to Website

(South) Bourne School Discussion Group

This message board has now closed and former pupils should go to the school facebook page linked from Ruislip Online.

In due course this messageboard will be lapsed.

(South) Bourne School Discussion Group
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Class of 62/3 4AG

Yes I remember the names so I must have been in the same class.

And that cane was put to my skin a few times also.

I wonder what happened to Worrel's son (poor bastard).

I now live in Canada and I am in touch with Graham Fowles who lives in Australia (he has also been on the school site).

John McDermott's sister apparently married Gary King (do you remember either of those names?)Gary King is my cousin.

Ramsbottom was a teacher who had the nick name of sheeps arse.Look forward to any replies from any other of you that are still in the land of the living.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Does anyone remember the full class list for these terms. I am David Bray and used to sit in the back left hand corner of the class with Mick Lavender. Also along this row was John Trivass, Paul Cousins and Mick Brown. I do remember Steven Wilder sitting in the front row so as not to get into trouble with us riff raff from the back. There were a number of others such as Norah Nunt who just liked beating up Mick Brown, Norma Hanson, Christine Twining, Jennifer Weekes. We started off with Mick Graves but he got moved, then there was of course Michelle and numerous others that I would like to put names to. My only claim to fame was that my mother gave Worrell express permission to cane me instead of having detentions which he did with relish. I remember getting 17 strokes one week, it would have been 18 but his cane broke. Hope someone can help!!!!

I came to Bourne from Scotland with my twin sisiter in October 1961. Known at that time as Sandra and Margaret Mckinlay. Your list of names brought back many memories. Mames that I can recall are Betty Sewell. Elizabeth Johns,Diana Shiell and Elwyn Blewitt. Margaret had a major crush on him. Who could ever forget Gordon Darling? For a few years after leaving school I kept in toush with Sandra Cudlip but have not seen her for years.

Re: Re: Class of 62/3 4AG

sorry if this doesn't get to you, long time since visiting site. thanks for the memories of those I had forgotten. love to know how you are now,
Dave Bray

Whatever pocessed me to surf to this site I don't know however I was pleasantly reminded of many names from the past. I left Bourne in '64 & spead my wings to Canada in '68 where I have lived in Toronto ever since. I certainly missed by buddy Colin Costello and I hope he and his familly are in great health wherever they may be now. Last I knew it was in Maidenhead. Anyone know?

Re: Re: Class of 62/3 4AG

Hi Alan, Should you eventually read this Oxford Drive still exists if the school doesn't. Remember the class debating and the quizzes to keep us on our toes. One heart attack and a 5way bypass op and I'm still working for a living. I happen to be a school caretaker. Who would have thought it? Hope to hear from you Dave Bray.