Return to Website

(South) Bourne School Discussion Group

This message board has now closed and former pupils should go to the school facebook page linked from Ruislip Online.

In due course this messageboard will be lapsed.

(South) Bourne School Discussion Group
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1950 - 1953

I was at Bourne Secondary Modern from 1949 to early 1952. I remember the headmaster, Mr Forbes and some of the other teachers i.e. Mr & Mrs Tibbles, PT master Mr James, my form(2G Upper) teacher Miss Arden, who married Mr Fosse and returned to school after the summer holiday as Mrs Fosse. I also remember some of my classmates, "Bog" Brown, Ray Argles, Edith Senior, Norma Hosma, Bernice (Benny) McCarthy. It would be nice to hear from anyone who was at the school up to 1952.
Regards,
Carl Roderick

Re: 1950 - 1953

Cannot say i remember you personally i was in a year younger class B but was a good friend of Graham Lee we both lived in Eastmead Sth Ruislip Graham got married to Dianne Butler and shortly after died of brain hemorrhage i think still very young, we were both in love with Valerie Coulter she was same year as you and Graham also remember Tony Holton and Dunnie
Most of the teachers you mention i can remember, also the head master Mr Forbes and Miss peach we used to think was gorgeous Mr Patchin Mr Anderson, woodwork another Mr Forbes, metalwork Mr Jones Mr Fenwick all i can think of at the moment