Return to Website

The Harp Family Forum

We welcome your comments about our page and also any information you wish to share with us or questions you may have. Thanks for coming!

The Harp Family Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John Harp Sr.

I have been searching a lot and have gotten land records of Granville Co. NC., TN, and Washington Co. AR. On several of the Harp's. My line is John that married Lucy Vaughan. I have his father on land records in Overton TN. John Harp Sr. On an Indian application it has My Absolum's family and one is John Calvin Harp, and it has John C. as Lucy's Husband making me think it is also Calvin but no proof. All the rest I have proof. I have found no connection to the Earpe's as yet. They were in Granville Co. also but I can not connect them. Our John married Mary Lewis. He only had 2 sisters however his father died when he was 6 and he was close to the Thomas Harp family. There are records of land with John Harp and joing William Harp in Overton Co. Others in the land records are Burton, Wm.Sr, Wm. Jr., Sampson Sr. Our John Harp and John Harp Sr, and Beverly Harp.

I have it all on Gedcom and under the names what I have. Marie

Re: John Harp Sr.

Very intersting would not mind having your gedcom file.

Wayne

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have been searching a lot and have gotten land records of Granville Co. NC., TN, and Washington Co. AR. On several of the Harp's. My line is John that married Lucy Vaughan. I have his father on land records in Overton TN. John Harp Sr. On an Indian application it has My Absolum's family and one is John Calvin Harp, and it has John C. as Lucy's Husband making me think it is also Calvin but no proof. All the rest I have proof. I have found no connection to the Earpe's as yet. They were in Granville Co. also but I can not connect them. Our John married Mary Lewis. He only had 2 sisters however his father died when he was 6 and he was close to the Thomas Harp family. There are records of land with John Harp and joing William Harp in Overton Co. Others in the land records are Burton, Wm.Sr, Wm. Jr., Sampson Sr. Our John Harp and John Harp Sr, and Beverly Harp.

I have it all on Gedcom and under the names what I have. Marie

Re: John Harp Sr.

We have a John and Mary Harp also. They lived in Oklahoma and in Arkansas. We were also told by my Grandmother that we all started out as Earp's. This is getting frustrating trying to follow all the littly areas these names go into. Do you Have any info?
Thanks Ginger Harp-Johnston