NCBS Stolen & Missing Instrument Information Page

This is the Northern California Bluegrass Society's national infomation page for stolen and missing musical instruments. This page can be used to announce the theft or other loss of musical instruments, updates on subsequent investigations, and news about the recovery of instruments. The forum is HTML-enabled, so that links may be added to other websites that contain pictures and other detailed information about the instruments. The NCBS does not warrant the accuracy of any information posted. Contact the source for details. Good luck to all!

NCBS Stolen & Missing Instrument Information Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Stolen 1913 Durer violin -- Thanks from Elicia!

Hi Michael,

Wow I was surprized to see this posting. I did get my violin back. I called and checked every violin, instrament and pond shop within miles and miles of where my violin was stolen and I found it! A fine violin shop in Berkeley had bought the violin the day before I called them so after waiting for the police to get their act together, which they never did, the violin upon my insistance was finally released to me about a month and a half after I found it in the violin shop. I was so happy to have it back, and the special bows inside. The theif tossed my violin electric pick-up, and all my phone numbers of people I've met from all the gigs, and jams, which is a big loss. So please tell everyone thank you for keeping a look out for it and have anyone who needs to get in touch with me my email Fiddler@Pacificu.edu. I have settled in a nice cottage in Ben Lomand, CA and jam at the Brookdale lodge on Tuesday nights. I'm seeking a position in a real progressive bluegrass band so if you know anyone who needs a fiddler let me know. My fiddle sounds wonderful with new strings and I'm so happy to have it under my chin again! Thanks
Elicia Burton

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stolen 1913 Durer violin -- Thanks from Elicia!

Dear Elicia,

The loss of your instrument, together with that of David Grisman's, led the NCBS to set up this web page. Glad you got your "baby" back. Have fun playing music in the mountains!