NCBS Stolen & Missing Instrument Information Page

This is the Northern California Bluegrass Society's national infomation page for stolen and missing musical instruments. This page can be used to announce the theft or other loss of musical instruments, updates on subsequent investigations, and news about the recovery of instruments. The forum is HTML-enabled, so that links may be added to other websites that contain pictures and other detailed information about the instruments. The NCBS does not warrant the accuracy of any information posted. Contact the source for details. Good luck to all!

NCBS Stolen & Missing Instrument Information Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mike Tatars stolen mandolin!

Mike,

I have posted your notice on CoMando. A couple of thousand mando players post and read from this listserv so I think it might help your cause. You also might try posting it at www.mandolincafe.com.

Bummer to hear of your loss.

-Ted
(A Brewglass Boy)

Re: Re: Mike Tatars stolen mandolin!

good news! the fine officers of the oakland police came through in a big way! The mando was on ebay, and the detectives in charge of the case found the seller and confiscated my mando. I got it back this morning.
Pass this on all the co mando folks so they know that are happy endings.
Also if you're on ebay, DONT buy anything from and auction host named soundmaker. My mando has a custom tag in it that says PROPERTY OF MIKE TATAR JR BUILT BY JOHN CHERRY and the seller still played dumb!

Sincerely

Mike Tatar Jr.

Great News Mike!

Glad it worked out. Hmmm, folks buyinga used instrument on E-Bay or elsewhere should check this website before buying. That is what it is for.

Re: Great News Mike!

Glad to hear it worked out for the best Mike.

-Ted