NCBS Stolen & Missing Instrument Information Page

This is the Northern California Bluegrass Society's national infomation page for stolen and missing musical instruments. This page can be used to announce the theft or other loss of musical instruments, updates on subsequent investigations, and news about the recovery of instruments. The forum is HTML-enabled, so that links may be added to other websites that contain pictures and other detailed information about the instruments. The NCBS does not warrant the accuracy of any information posted. Contact the source for details. Good luck to all!

NCBS Stolen & Missing Instrument Information Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Martin D-35 Stolen from Nashville Nov. 23

My D-35 Martin (1966-67, rosewood three-piece back) was stolen from my condo in Donelson, in Nashville, Tenn. Nov. 23. I'm still searching my files for a serial number. It's in good, but not new condition with a medium (spruce?) top and three-piece rosewood back & sides. There are some dings on the top of the peghead and a repaired crack in the back and on the side. Some repair work is also obvious around the binding. There may be a Mike Breid repair card glued inside, from the 1970s. There are two inlay dots on the saddle, covering screws that were put in to secure it in place before my father bought the guitar. If the strap is with it, it's a two-tone stained, handmade strap with lacing around the edges. My name, "Nancy" is embossed in the design with some vines and a hummingbird--identical to the design on a Gibson hummingbird guitar (which I played before the Martin.) Call me if you see this: 615-260-4807