JF WHOLESALE Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message concerning wholesale & liquidation merchandise only. Please no advertisments, see our classifieds section if you wish to post an ad its free as well

JF WHOLESALE Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Broker or Finder

I am starting a coffee import company and a friend of mine put me in contact with a wholesaler. My friend wanted 50% of the difference between the price to the wholesaler and the cost of the merchandise, only for bringing us together. I told him I would make him an offer after doing some research.

I don't want him as a partner. I also know that he doesn't want to put a lot of time and effort into my business, nor he has the expertise.

1. Should I offer him to be a broker on a commission? and what percentage should I offer him?

2. Should I offer him a finder's fee? how much or what percentage would be reasonable? could I get in legal trouble for doing so?

3. What kind of contract should we sign and what kind of stipulations would be important for me to include in it to protect my company? (my friend is a lawyer)

Thanks for your answers.

Re: Broker or Finder

I would try to offer him a finders fee that you both agree upon then I would go to another lawyer and have him do up a simple agreement similar to a bill of sale then I would find a friend who wasnt a lawyer.