Return to Website

Politics and Human Rights Forum

Welcome to the Forums.

You are invited to express your ideas and points of view by opening a new forum or just

by replying to an old one.

Just avoid fanatism, insults and themes not related to the website.

Maximiliano Herrera  -The Editor

Politics and Human Rights Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
At last the world is beginning to open its eyes wide at the Holy of Holies, at this Beacon of Democr

At last the world is beginning to open its eyes wide at the Holy of Holies, at this Beacon of Democracy, at the USA. The process is speeding up due to more of innocent blood spilled by the ‘courageous men and women of America’. The Italian journalist Guiliana Sgrena is absolutely sure she was chosen the target for American bullets by no chance. Oh, that Hollywood style of ‘brave’ Americans is quite evident. It’s to much, those 400 (!) bullets for the unguarded car and one more finishing one (to guarantee the death?) in the temple of the secret service agent Nikolo Kalipari. Sure this was not by chance. It’s a known fact that when in Iraq Sgrena gathered lots of compromising stuff threatening American ‘greatest peacekeeper image’. These were documents testifying to the numerous shootings of civilians, torture of prisoners, merciless air raids on urban residential areas and the discouraging figures of real American loss in Iraq. The most sensitive materials related to illegal exemption of human tissues and organs by American medical personnel in the Iraqi prisons and hospitals. The major part of those would-be revelations was mysteriously gone in the ‘accident’. Thanks Lord, Guiliana herself survived. I guess it really smells rat for Americans. But they won’t manage to threaten Guiliana and honest people of her like into silence! Truth in the long run always finds it way up to the daylight.
Now I am asking you two questions only. Why no one American soldier can be convicted by the International Court in the Hague? Isn’t it the right moment to initiate an international probe into the American war crimes worldwide not only Iraq?

Re: At last the world is beginning to open its eyes wide at the Holy of Holies, at this Beacon of De

It is very sad what happened to the Italian secret agent. I am looking forward to hear more from the journalist.

As to the "beacon of democracy", only very naive people could ever believe in this moronic propaganda. But, unfortunately, nobody cares to do anything about it. I think Bush has to be tried as the most dangerous war criminal since Hitler and USA demilitarized for the next century or so.

Re: At last the world is beginning to open its eyes wide at the Holy of Holies, at this Beacon of De

You are all so quick to judge the USA. Before anyone attacks my views, i may be scottish, and therefore we are allies of America, but i have never been fed biased views of them, this is just the way i feel.

It is wrong to judge this country and call it undemocratic and a burden of the world because quite frankly they are an example to the world of a modern day democracy, multi party, fair elections, giving people freedom and letting them live in happiness etc. I Feel that many on this website are anti american because of their homeland, i think for example (and i may be wrong) that Viktor you come from a former Soviet nation, possibly Russia, and have therefore not liked the idea of America, because of the Cold War.
However, you must learn to live with the fact that the USA is one of the greatest countries in the world- ok Sweden and Switzerland have better ratings, but the USA has the worlds third largest population, with many different but equal minorities, many of whom are living in freedom, happiness, and away from the oppressiveness of your "democracies", which is a much greater feat that keeping 20 million people happy in Sweden.

USA is undemocratic simply because it is militarily aggressive towards other countries. They may be "the greatest", have multi-party system (actually, it's only two) amd let their own people live in happiness, but they certainly do not let many other countries live in happiness (OK, Eastern Europe are *very* happy with them). Without mentioning military aggression and enormous number of killed civilians and destroyed homes, and threats of military aggression, they are intrusive into internal affairs of a country. Such as intrusions into the economic policies. Example: promotion of American goods on foreign markets at the expense of local producers, whereby local governments are helpless in defending their own producers.

I do not like the current policies of USA, not because I *simply* hate them, but for reasons which I think I am making clear. And yes, I do notice people from some countries are OK with American intrusions, simply because they know they personally can't do anything about it and often because these intrusions give them considerable improvements to their budgets.

> USA has the worlds third largest population, with
> many different but equal minorities, many of whom
> are living in freedom, happiness, and away from
> the oppressiveness of your "democracies",

In my country, there are many different and equal minorities, and you have no reasons to say they are oppressed. As to happy and free immigants in USA (if you mean them), you are mistaken if you think at least 0.01% of them went to USA to enjoy a greater freedom of speech. Think McDonalds, Coca-Cola, and social welfare.