Return to Website

Politics and Human Rights Forum

Welcome to the Forums.

You are invited to express your ideas and points of view by opening a new forum or just

by replying to an old one.

Just avoid fanatism, insults and themes not related to the website.

Maximiliano Herrera  -The Editor

Politics and Human Rights Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jesus is the son of God

Salvation Prayer

Salvation Prayer

Christian Hollywood is nondenominational because our staff members come from different denominations. We may disagree in a few areas; however, we are all in agreement concerning the most important part of the Word of God. We believe the Holy Bible is the inspired and only infallible written Word of God. We believe that there is One God, eternally existent in three Persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious Blood of Jesus Christ.

The bible says that God draws us to himself. John 6:44, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him..." (NIV). It also says in Revelation 3:20, "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in ..." (NIV)

God is the one who initiates. All we have to do is accept his invitation. Is he extending an invitation now?

If so, then you are probably wondering how you are to accept his invitation. The answer is easy. You accept his invitation by confessing with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord, and believing in your heart that God has raised him from the dead. Why do we have to do both? Because we can confessed with our mouths that Jesus is Lord (the Son of God), yet never believe in our heart that he is our Redeemer, which is what 'that God has raised him from the dead' means. We must believe that he redeemed us from the curse of the law or we will only have a head relationship with the Lord and spend our life trying to be good enough for Him.

Isaiah 64:6 (NIV)

"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags..."

Romans 10:9 (KJV)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

The fact is, we are not good enough and never will be, which is why we needed a Savior. Our head cannot comprehend the fullness of God, which is why we must also believe (chose to believe) in our heart. It is by his blood that we become righteous in the eyes of God, not by our works. If we truly believe in our heart that Jesus is Lord and that by his blood we were redeemed, then he will be just that... the Lord of our life and our Redeemer. Then we will have a real heart relationship, not just a head relationship with God. A redeemer is one charged with the duty of restoring the rights of another and avenging his wrongs. (Lev. 25:48, 49; Num. 5:8; Ruth 4:1; Job 19:25; Ps. 19:14; 78:35, etc. - Easton's Bible Dictionary) The Lord is our Redeemer period, whether we believe it or not. He already paid the price for our sins. However, if we do not believe he is our Redeemer, then we will not reap the benefits of what he redeemed.

Romans 10:10 (KJV)

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

When we receive his invitation and invite him into our heart by confessing with our mouth and believing in our heart that Jesus Christ is Lord and Redeemer... the Holy Spirit will come into our heart. When the Holy Spirit comes into our heart, it does not mean that we will suddenly speak in tongues, although some might. It means that God the Holy Spirit has now entered our hearts. He will guide our lives and help us to communicate with God the Father. He also becomes our seal of authenticity to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. He is our key, so to speak, that unlocks the Pearly Gates.

So if I want to receive him as Lord and Savior of my life, then what are the words that I confess?

The words are not as important as the heart attitude. However, there are simple standard prayers that you can pray. We will provide one below, but you can find another one that you may prefer on just about any Christian website, especially church sites. The import thing is that you really mean what you are saying.

Prayer:

"Jesus, come into my heart and be my Lord and Savior. I believe you are the Son of God, that you were born of a virgin, died on a cross for my sins, and was raised from the dead. Lord I am sorry for all of my sins. Please forgive me for all of them. I renounce (give up) all of my sinful ways. Come into my heart and be the Lord of my life. Renew my mind, change my heart, and guide me to the purpose and plan that you have for my life. Thank you for being my Redeemer. Fill me with the Holy Spirit. I confess you now as my Lord and Savior. If I should die today, I know that I will be in eternity with you, because my name is now written in the Lambs book of Life. Thank you, Jesus, for dying for me. In your name I pray. Amen!"

Romans 10:13-

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Now, let us be the first to welcome you to the body of Christ! The Holy Spirit will gui

Instant Messager: Msn