BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Solving the playing down problems

Now this is really getting ridiculous. Why is everyone on here petitioning as though you really think its going to make any difference? There are a lot of teams who really don’t care one way or the other if rec and super-rec are mixed as well as comp. Some of us just want to play ball and have fun. I can agree with a post that was on another topic that would give teams runs when they have to play a team in a higher division but petitioning. Come on...

It is obvious that BASA has some things that need to be worked out but we are all family and we should all be able to come together and still be able to have a good time. I understand that rec teams don’t want to play super rec teams and all but to petition to not play, do you really think the is the way to go about it?

So, everyone is coming up with solutions, so here goes mine. As mentioned before, teams that place down in a lower division should give up runs. Maybe, the best thing to do is combine all the teams into one division and have your different rankings within it.

Example:

Rec team playing Rec team= No runs
Super-Rec team playing Super-Rec team=No runs
Competitive team playing Competitive team=No runs

Rec team playing Super-Rec=5 runs, 5 home runs

Rec-team playing Competitive=9 runs, 7 home runs

Super-Rec team playing Competitive=7 runs, 9 home runs

Now I know a lot of people will not agree with this but I think it would be easier if we focused on giving out runs then fighting BASA to keep teams out of your division.

Please give me feedback...

Re: Solving the playing down problems

There are a lot of good ideas out there, but it is just too far into the season to get everyone on the same page if changes are made. There should be a meeting with the staff of BASA and reps from teams and discuss issues that need to be addressed and either changed or corrected. This would provide a forum to get everone involved and centralize the decision base to do the most good. Not to mention getting a rule book ironed out and ensure all teams understand what is going on. BASA is starting to expand further than the midwest and requires a forum to get on the same page. Once again, only an opinion. To all take care and good luck to all that are playing this weekend

Alton (Taz)
ILA #32