BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Graystone Eulogy

#25, chill. I would love to play Graystone in a tournament. To me, they are the best overall team on the Black circuit. END OF DISCUSSION!

No, Put your team name and then maybe you will get your chance to dance.

#25, have you guys won anything this year? Who have you beat? Are you in the top 10,20,30, need I go on?

Who have you beat, and we have place in one outta two tournaments. Have you ever won a BASA tournament?????????????????????

We have beat all of the teams in the top 10 except for St. Louis Stars and Xtreme. We should get a shot at them 4th July in the Lou.

Re: this is for all the team that cry about good teams like graystone

this is for wayne brady an all teams that cry about good teams ,maybe i can get you to understand what the graystone family is trying to say about playing in basa tournaments.its not that they want to play super rec but their are not that many competitive teams in basa. and there are very few competitive tournaments. they just want to play softball, and if you were a real ball player you would really understand where they are comming from. when you play competitive you may only have to win 3 games to win the tournament ,if you fly to a tournament this is alot of money for just 3 games. i can tell you from experience that GRAYSTONE hide from no one. I have played aginst them several time on the white circuit, i think it was a B-TOURNAMENT my team beat them really bad but one thing i could say about them they never gave up. when the game was over they made no excuses about loosing the game. they never said nothing but i knew that they were missing half of there team.any other team would have made all kinds of excuses they just said good game and wished us luck. thats the sign of a good team. it seem to me that all good teams get punished for being to good. to me sup-rec is the best division to be in so what wrong with graystone wanting to play more games when they travel. the different in basa circuit and the white circuit is that no one cry about who in the tournament .they cry who is not in the tournament because they want play the best. thats what real ball players want to do play the best.basa staff have a hard time with teams backing out because of the strong teams. i think that if they back out let them ,we dont need any scard teams anyway . if you dont like to play strong competition then maybe you should go play D or E ball. the one thing that i think that we have all forgotten about what basa stand for i thing that most people that play on the black circuit because the can see all of their friends that they have met through out the years. so please basa family lets not make basasoftball a business ,it is not a win at all cost type of thing. those of you who forgot the basa mission just read the history so we can all get back on track.

look at it like this. I know teams that have moved from C to B in "other" associations. ONCE YOU MOVE UP, YOU HAVE TO TAKE WHAT COMES WITH IT. One of the things that comes with it (here where I live and probably everywhere else) is that there are not as many B and above tournaments as opposed to C. Hell C teams have a hard time finding consistent tournaments close to home when they move up from D. That is how it is WHEN YOU GET MOVED UP. You going to have to travel more to play!

Everyone knows that BASA competitive is hurting because of sandbagging. Indy has not had a competitive division in 3 years. If you're a competitive team , this weekend all roads lead to Atlanta. You can't change the landscape of a tournament because you like going to a certain tournament where you have OUTGROWN the competition and have been moved up.

Only 8 super rec teams in Indy is a shame too. You can go down that REC list and pull at least 10 of those teams to Super where they belong.

If the BASA classifications were ENFORCED by roster and class of play in other associations and not by name of team, there shouldn't be a shortage of Super rec teams where they have them combine with rec in the first place.

502 boys #45, there is only a shortage in super-rec, because of location, southern teams make for a high percentage of all divisions, and location of tournaments makes a big difference, just wait until the N.I.T in Atlanta, all divisions will be full, the south teams just dont come north that much, and I cant blame them, it is never the travel to the tournaments that is a problem its getting back home and going to work the next day, they have too many tournaments within 4hours every weekend, wouldnt be smart to drive 10 hours to play...

Thanks to 502 Boy#45, you translated very well to Allsport#3. I understand very well that the Competitive division plays minimal games. Basa should implement a round robin when they have 12 or less teams. That would give them plenty of games to play and people would still sit and watch. Unfortunately, you can't solve all the problems in the competitive division. Allsport#3 said it is not a win at all costs. What circuit are you on? Teams continue to get stronger and stronger by the week. Players are being paid to leave good teams to go to good teams. Where does it end??????????? Very seldom is it anything more than a lateral move. The Competitve division will be reshaped come next year but you still will not be able to equalize a good Super Rec team to an established Competitive team.

so it appears that the South is holding all the cards for both competitive and super rec competition. The mid west and north are nothing but a bunch of REC teams??? I bet if you squeezed these teams listed for Nap, you could get 10 super and 4 more competitive teams out of that group if teams did what they were supposed to do.

allsport 3 Amen

You guys are too hard on each other; play ball and respect one another. Allsport3, you should have used this there, not their.

maybe you should read my message over again . i have played on both the black circuit and the white circuit there is a big differance. dont get me wrong i want to win every softball game i play. a few years ago each team wants to win but it was not win at all cost.like i said that if you read your basasoftball history ,this was surpose to be something positive for black people to get together and have fun. a place where you could bring your family. like i said before most black teams on the circuit like playing softball but most of all getting to see their friends that they have met while playing on the black circuit. i dont know if you have ever played on the white circuit but we never have a party after the game.on the white circuit teams stay to themself most of the time. thats what i mean win at all cost ,we all want to win but if we dont one thing we can look forward to is having a party with our basa family.