BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is Storm the team refusing to play when Graystone is on the scene?

If not what team is it? Graystone have you been told?

Re: Is Storm the team refusing to play when Graystone is on the scene?

WHAT WE'VE BEEN TOLD IS CLASS ACT.....ATLANTA STORM....AND TNT RAIDERS. THIS IS FROM THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS AND THE BASA DIRECTORS.

a los those teams you name in your last post will not show up they're too chicken too show.

Question to whomever: Fact: Graystone participated in 7 to 10 BASA tourneys last year and didn't win but 3 or 4 BASA tourneys not including the world. Just pointing out that they have been beaten by Super Rec and Rec teams playing BASA because it seems that the teams doing crying have forgotten that fact. Now my question is, Graystone played 7 to 10 BASA tourneys last year with basically the same roster as they have this year, if they weren't "too good" to play in those tourneys last year why are they "too good" this year. Can someone please explain this to me?

CARLOS,WANT TO KNOW,GRAYSTONE PLAYER,OR WHOEVER..STORM NEVER SAID THEY WOULDNT PLAY GRAYSTONE.WE PLAYED GRAYSTONE 5 TIMES LAST YEAR,WE DIDNT DROP OUT NONE OF THOSE TOURNAMENTS,NEVERLESS,WE DIDNT JUST SAY"YALL WON,WE DONT WANT TO PLAY YALL"..ITS JUST THIS YEAR YALL GOT BUMPED UP,SO WHAT WILL IT PROVE TO PLAY YALL.WE ARE FOCUSING ON TEAMS IN OUR DIVISION,THUS,THEY WILL BE THE ONES WE WILL HAVE TO COMPETE WITH IN THE "WORLDS"..GOD BLESS GRAYSTONE!

FLIMM FLAMM,BAMBOOZELED,LEAD A STRAIGHT,RUN A MUCK,HORNSWAGGLED AND BOLD FACE LAIRS

PLEASE,SAY IT AINT SO ABOUT CLASS-ACT AND STORM BEING SCARED,I DONT BELEIVE IT,TNT DAT A DIFFERENT STORY.

Nut_99, you and ever other Super Rec team were put on notice by the BASA back in February that BBQ & Graystone could play in the Super Rec division at tournament when there wasn't a Competitive division. Why are you two teams having a problem with that now? You have to see this point, teams are dictating what happens in this association, who can and can't play. Flip the script, if you were in Graystone's position (you live in the Midwest, the closest competitive team is 6 to 8 hours away, you try to play in competitive tourneys but there are typically only 4 to 6 total teams, not enough to justify traveling 6 to 8 hours away, a tourney is in your hometown your told you can't play because teams have threatened not to show up if you do, a tourney an hour away, Naptown, your told you can play but two days prior to the tourney teams are threatening not to show up if you play) how would you feel if this shoe was on your foot? They've played white ball pretty much all year just to be able to play but its obvious they want to call the BASA home but the family has locked them and all other competitive teams out. How can the powers at be and the ones creating the problems (crybaby teams) not see that this is a huge problem.

This could be your team. Until teams stop putting up with this kind of crap, this WILL happen to your team one day. I recommend that teams stop asking to included, and just go play elsewhere, sometimes you can show them better than you can tell them. At some point they'll get the message......when the total number of teams participating decreases drastically. Because its become more & more apparent that the POWERS-AT-BE could care less about this problem.

WE DECIDED LAST WEEK NOT TO PLAY IN INDY.WE DIDNT WAIT TO SEE WHO WAS IN THE TOURNAMENT.WE JUST DECIDED NOT TO GO.CAN NOBODY IN INDY,OR ANBODY AFFILIATED WITH BASA SAY THAT WE SAID WE DIDNT WANT TO PLAY BECAUSE GRAYSTONE IS PLAYING.

nutt-99.......i understand you don't want to play us because we aren't in your division. i know you want to fine tune for the world. so with that said, what good does it do you to play rec teams in your preparation for your world run? in other associations, what good does it do you to smack c and d teams around in your pursuit of a world? perhaps that why when the dust settled last year in the worlds atlanta storm didn't fair too well. hell in orlando, the players were walking out of the park before their fans were finished paying to get in to watch them.

I thought that teams that back of tourneys because another team is in it was a myth.

YOU ARE RIGHT,SO DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A TEAM THAT NEEDS TO PLAY UP?

IT SOUNDS LIKE A TEAM THAT NEEDS TO JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY AND NEEDS TO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHERE OTHERS ARE PLAYING.

I dont know about you all but when I was younger playing basketball I was always told "you will never get better playing the same ole people who you beat all the time." Come on Nut!!!!!! If this is true and I repeat if this is true, MAN UP! How are you going to get on here and say you dont want to play a team in a higher division? Please, the crap you all (Storm, Class Act) sit on here and talk and then the only way you back it up is playing against one another. Again, MAN UP! Softball is softball. Graystone swings a bat with two hands like everyone else and they only use one glove to catch. Carlos, man Im sorry to hear what you all are having to deal with. THat just shows how great of a team you all are.

CARLOS,I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT YOU OR ANYOTHER COMPETITIVE TEAM..WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME TO SHUT-UP,I NEVER ONCE TOLD "SHUT UP"..LET STAY ON THE SAME LEVEL.

...A! "CAN WE ALL JUST GET ALONE" ....

MY BAD NUTT-99....I WASN'T TELLING YOU TO SHUT-UP.

Nut- you should not be speaking on your players behalf, because you're not making them look good at all. Your comments suggest that you guys(coaches) would rather not spend money to possibly place 2nd or lower. Sometimes, losing helps a team to focus on the task at hand.

OKAY REP. KEEP ON SINGING THAT SONG TO YOUR LOSER TEAM,HERE'S ANOTHER ONE "IT DOESNT MATTER WHO WINS OR LOOSE ITS HOW WELL YOU PLAYED THE GAME!"

ESPN REPORTER did you factor in the fear when you are making your rankings? Get the people a new ranking report out asap! You must include strength of schedule.

Listen here sport,Carlos, we have played you all in 2 tournaments this year. Memphis & Rochester! When did we become scared to play you all?

you hold on "sport". my point was that mr. moore is a liar! read all the post and it was simple to understand. he through your name out there and we new it wasn't true. i posted that on the board for everyone to see. i know tnt always shows up to play.

My bad Sport. My secretary only can back with half the story.

THAT'S ALRIGHT SKIPPY!

Mr. Gray i assure your tourney directors are not lying on all super rec teams about their refusal to play if you show up.

Now Carlos you know as well as I know you guys freeze up when you guys play us...Our team decide as a team not to go to Nap Town..1 we don't have nothing to prove..2 we made that decision a long time ago not to go..3 we don't have the money you have Mr.Gray...So all this talk about the coaches scared and we are cowards save that..You know when we come to a tournament you guys are looking to see what 2nd prize is giving out..Because you know STORM/NEW IMAGE has 1st locked..We would love to play you guys it makes the game a little interesting..Now as far as playing up we been there and done that..We played in the 2004 World placed 4th in the upper division..And we are stonger now than when we won 2002 2003 worlds..And for sure 2004 and 2005..So if you guys want to see us we will be in the Lou on the 4th of July weekend NELLY TOURNAMENT...Carlos Holla at ur Boy..

Smallz #3

ATLANTA STORM
NEW IMAGE....

ok smallz #3.....i knew you would eventually have some type of rebuttal. you are the teams inspirational leader! now you know what i'm talking about when i say certain individuals are trying to dictate to these directors about who should play and who should not. talk to nutt about it if you don't, he will explain it to you. like i said before, the joy of playing in the basa is looking forward to good rivalries.......storm being one of the best. we live for that and that is what fuels us each and every week. i have nothing but respect for the storm players. now as far as freezing up when we play you, you know that's not the truth. we don't duck a tournament because 1, 2 or 3 people may not be able to play. with the exception of st. louis last year, you were playing back-ups when you beat us. we will go to war with what we have. now as far as looking for that second place money......let's make a gentleman's wager. when we finally get a chance to play one another this year......in the championship game, we'll just make it winner takes all and buys the second place team a couple tanks of gas for the ride home. that way you won't have to feel like you didn't get anything out of the weekend. obviously, we will have to have our fun on the board for now......because there is suppossedly a competative division at nelly's. we'll see. hope we get to play you sooner than later! all in fun! peace!

NOW YOU KNOW I WAS JOKING ABOUT THAT..I LOVE PLAYING COM.EVERTIME WE PLAY YOU GUYS IT BE A VERY GOOD GAME..AND THAT'S WHAT IT IS ABOUT..I HOPE THEY DO LET YOU GUYS DROP DOWN AND PLAY IN THE LOU..ITY WILL MAKE THE COMPETITION A LOT BETTER..I HAVE NOTHING BUT LOVE FOR YOU GUYS ALSO..ESPECIALLY YOU BIG CARLOS...WHEN WE SEE EACH OTHER LET'S GET THE BET'S RIGHT.....

CAPTAIN SMALLZ...

apprecite it smallz!! we are jonzing for the competition! see you soon.