BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Black Facts-this is for my STL homies

what up Durtey Redd and no I didn't know that. I know that STL has alot of monuments, Like that big tower, that have a history of slavery to them. That was a watch tower to watch for the slaves. Even the Fleur de Les which is a popular symbol in STL, has slavery ties, that is the mark they would brand into slaves so that people would know they are St. Louis Slaves

Durtey Redd what it is...are yall coming to Naptown..? if not we may see yall at the end of the month in ATL...

MS.DAT AND ALL OTHERS....WITH THE RICH HISTORY IN THE
LOU..THIS TOWN HAS COVERED UP A LOT OF THAT HISTORY.
SOME OF BEST BLACK PEOPLE TO HAVE WALK IN THIS TOWN
PASS HAS NOT BEEN PUT FRONT AND CENTER FOR OUR KIDS
CAN BE IMFORMED TO PEOPLE WITH SAME COLOR AS THEM....
IT'S THE LOU.....WE MAKE IT DO WHAT IT DO>>>>>

First of all, let me hip you to the facts?
Cincinnati is the birthplace of the BASA, and let me let you in on a little history?

The Mason-Dixon line ran through Kentucky by way of Cincinnati, and yes, THE HARRIETT TUBMAN ran the show!

The Freedom Center Museum, which opened in 2005, with the honorable Oprah Wifrey, Kwasi Mfume, and Danny Glover as honorees at hand. It is the largest African American museum dedicated to our plight in the World! Check it out when you come to the Worlds on September 8-10th.

Cincinnati showcased one of the first and most profitable Negro League teams in the early 40's!

Cincinnati also has the distinction of having the top 5 rated tournements for softball (Metro) over the last 6 years, white or black?!

One of the first major cities to have an elected black mayor!

The Big O was the forerunner and the most celebrated African American college basketball player of this generation (University of Cincinnati), that includes Wilt Chamberlain, Lew Alcinder, and Magic Johnson?

And let's not forget the students that were killed in Mississippi, which was the cause for the movie "Mississippi Burning", they were from Miami University, which is considered a suburb of Cincinnati!

Not knocking the Lou, but thought the TRUTH SHOULD BE TOLD!

Thank you for your input Bryan Gumbel, but I do post facts every week, so is ther another city that you would like for me to highlight?

like black facts in CINCY...

WHAT UP BLACK FACT CREW? MR. GUMBEL I MUST SAY THAT IS SOME PRETTY INTERESTING INFORMATION. ALSO, ST. CHARLES WHERE THE NELLY TOURNEY IS BEING HELD WAS ALL SLAVE PLANTATION, AS WELL AS LACLEDE'S LANDING WAS AN AUTIONING BLOCK FOR SLAVES TAKEN TO NEW ORLEANS BY WAY OF THE MUDDY MISSISSIPPI. MISSOURI WAS THE LAST STATE TO ABOLISH SLAVERY, AND IT WAS THE 26TH STATE ADDED TO THE UNION. I NAMED MY LAST RECORDING PROJECT DURTEY REDDE STATEBOY 26 IN 2001. BUT IF MR. GUMBEL IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE CAN YOU ELABORATE, BE MORE INFORMATIVE WITH FACTS. AS FOR MYSELF I TOO THOUGHT BASA WAS STARTED IN STL. AND DRE IM NOT GON MAKE IT HOMEBOY WHICH IS WEIRD CUZ NAP IS ONE TOURNAMENT I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED HAVE A GOOD EVENING PEOPLE

thanks for adding more info Durtey Redde, I never knew all of that about my home away from home....keep it comin