BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hummm, just something different on a Thursday, but how do you build a successful team??

....Well....if you're talking about my peeps from EST PLAYERS, #2 then yep he is good, and that's a FAMILY over there.....and as far as putting the Blunts down......let me say this...do what you do... ....and maybe NKO can help you out with a MOTTO from CITY HITTERS....and to close you remember to each his own

Re: Hummm, just something different on a Thursday, but how do you build a successful team??

I DIDNT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYBODY BUT I HAVE BEEN AROUND GUYS THAT BLEW AND THEY WASNT WORTH A DIME BUT I HAVE BEEN AROND SOME CATS THAT BLOW AND THEY CAN STILL PEFORM

TWO PITCHERS<<<< .

My squad is just starting, were R going from beers and blunts, to seriously trying to win! I would agree you need a good pitcher to start a team, but I'm learning from our recent outing in the Nati. That if you have a weak middle infield, you will get killed! Your pitcher can be avg. but your SS & 2ND baseman have got to be dogs, in Rec with the homers gone you have to be able to make outs, OUTS! We put up 20 the 1st game and 24 the second and lost both games because our REG. SS wasn't there and our 2B wasn't have a bad day. You win with D 1st, it would be great to have a star pitcher, but I would have given anything to have some D.

YEAH I FEEL YO

Well the way I see it, you have to have a **** good leader(coach). One that doesn't have any friends when it comes to making lineups and putting people on the field. A Coach that will be bold enough to make a decision and stand by it even if it backfires. You also have to recruit players that are team oriented. Players that don't mind hitting the ball to right field to score runner on second and third wiht one out...as opposed to trying to burn the shortstop(normally the baddest position player on the field). The last thing is the players you begin with should be the ones you end with. You have to put some faith in your role players. So many teams spend time all year picking up players that are hot this week and letting go players that are off the next week that that they never have a time to bond. I say get your 12 to 15 or whatever number guys and roll with them through thick and thin. So that's what I've learned in only about 3 years of playing BASA softball.

'Nard(Club2301)