BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Will there ever be an other(non-black) profiled?

There are several hundred teams that participate in BASA, I don't think BASA is discriminating on the profiles, but look at the disparity in numbers.

Have you ever wondered why you never win the lottery, the odds of your number being drawn are slim and none. I am sure that as time progresses it will happen, but I have been on the circuit for years and I would be ****** if I saw that before my profile.

Good point, BASA Vet.

The militant in me says hell naw and who cares. Then when I think about it, it would be kind of neat to hear their perspective.

I would like to know how it feels to have the world flip flopped for them even if it is only for a few hours. The feeling of being a minority. The feeling of being the only one or two of your kind in a setting or team enviroment. What's it like to be heckled for being the only white boy on your team. I wonder if they ever consider that as difficult as it might be to deal with sometimes, do they think about what Jackie Robinson went through? It was a trillion times worse. I think it is a vauluable experience that could heal the world.

We have two on my team. They cool though. We have a good time messing with one in particular(Ian).

Like they always say. "Once you go BASA, you don't go back"!

How does BASA go about profiling a person??? Whats the criteria? Do you have to be nominated, do you have to do big things? There are probably a lot of players out there that a lot of folks want to know about, there are a few players out there there that a few folks out there want to know more about and then there are a few more folks who only a couple of people want to know about. There just may not be enough space and time. If the list is extensive of those who need to be profiled and there is no ranking order (i.e. 50 request to see .... 25 request to see.. etc) then just put the names in a hat and draw one each week. That way if your name comes up its just as fair as any other way you could do it. Just a suggestion.

As we know we are some of the most loving people on the planet, for a non-black person to play basa is not like one of us playing the other leages because we take em all in like grama nem and show love.They just respect u for your talent not always who u are...
my 2 cetnt.

Bigg Dogg I agree with you 100%. There are non-blacks on this circuit that have the opportunity to play with other teams on the other circuit, yet they make BASA their home. I would enjoy reading an interview from an other just as much as one of the black players. The good thing about the BASA is it inclusive...now we need to include non-blacks in the interview process. Just my quarter!!!

The criteria for Player profiles have been posted several times. There are several in the works at all times.

The order is sometimes rearranged due to scheduling conflicts. And for the record, a veteran non-black player will be profiled in the month of June and that interview is already in the works.

If women can't play at the Masters can we be just as exclusive.....It mean a lot to me to be able to go to a black tourney and just see all my people there and there are no fights or shootings....this is the only place I've seen as many blacks together and there are no negativity surrounding or lumming in the atmosphere....
but I'm curious to hear the interview as well just like I would not mind talking to Willie Lynch and all the presidents that allowed slavery to exist and ask WHY!!!!!1

BASA Family,
Black or white?!Does it really matter?! What are you expecting to hear from a non-black player? Some esoteric secret to the softball universe? Whether black or white, female or male, they are all SOFTBALL PLAYERS! A non-black player is going to say basically the same thing as a black player!Don't believe me?......Sit down and talk to them when you get a chance, they don't bite. It's ridiculous that we should profile a non-black, just because this is a black association. Don't hide behind, "I want to hear their perspective"?,or "They could play for any league, they chose us!" What!!!! Most blacks can play in any league they want also?! Profiles are basically a get to know the player's persona, not a question and answer about, "Why a non-black player plays on a black circuit?" Softball is a team sport. To help you out a little bit, non-blacks play for the same reason blacks do! The team, the competition, comraderie, and the satisfaction of winning! In closing, I'm not saying don't profile a non-black player. I'm just saying don't expect anything different than you would if you profiled a black player! This should help you a little bit! Softball is universal, we just happen to play in the BASA! Think aboutit?..................

if it(softball) was so universal, we wouldn't need BASA in the first place. Think about it. Whites don't seek out to play BASA, we usually seek them out. Think about it. There are usually no white players riding the bench. They usually are pretty decent and play infield. That is why we pick them up. I don't buy the comraderie line.

It is what it is. I would like an honest answer from a white player on what it is like to have your world flip at the ball park when you are the minority for a change.

You already know! Just take your experience in life, and transfer it to Softball. By the way, I wasn't trying to offend you, by calling Softball universal, but the BASA is an association, not the origination. The fact that the BASA exists, has nothing to do with softball being universal! Before the BASA, there was softball, after the BASA, there will be softball. Think about it?! Furthermore, you seem like you need a non-black perspective to validate your being in the BASA? Do you?

I don't need the perspective. If you notice, when I first chimed in on the subject, I said that my first reaction from my more militant days would have been hell no and who cares. I have since mellowed and would like hear the other side. It would have to be honest though. As soon as I see "it doesn't matter to me black, white , green or purple", I will stop reading. No Bruno type answers from the show Black/White.

As a white player of BASA softball and a member of the 502 Boyz for 3 or 4 years I fell like a family member on my team. We win together lose together Drink, eat and joke along. The reason I wanted to play BASA was just to play ball and have a good time. I could play for any white team but I choose to be a part of the 502 Boyz.