BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1st JOB-McDonald's.....I was the grill guy and I was 15.....what was yours....??just go back for

I got mad love 4 U2. And yes that was me in that pic next to Harriet Tubman and I was on the Buffalo Soldier Pic as well. One good thing about traveling with you two is we don't have to worry about room fro your luggage. Ya'll can fit your whole wardrobe in an Altoid tin.

Re: 1st JOB-McDonald's.....I was the grill guy and I was 15.....what was yours....??just go back for

I got much love for senior citizens too Esq#23. I would offer you the Altoids out of the container that i am going to use for my luggage but I know your dentures aren't strong enough to chew on them

A dishwasher at a pizza joint at the age of 14....and then the Trap......All my boyz was making all the money 1988......That was the year.....cooking, cutting, and serving ....the Life....Instant Gratification....I wouldn't do that crap again to save my life......dem folks want Life nowadays back then nothing but misdemeanor sale charges now everything a felony!!!!1

Hey Church,

No replies and you have to ask yourself? Just think, some of these grown men have never had a first J O B!!!!

Jack's Place @ Northland Mall...

WINNER'S COMPETE

Pace Electronics/TPS 4Life

Age 15 at Chick-fil-A....worked there for 2 1/2 years...I would practice whatever sport season I was in after school and go straight to work funky, got off around 10 or 11 o'clock.....And still maintained a 3.0 GPA or higher, if not there wouldn't have been a job (momma didn't play that $hit). I don't think I've stopped that routine since a was 15, I'm still on the grind

....ESQ that was funny as hell....

Hey,what up everybody.My first job was a really fun one.
I worked at Kings Island at 14.The best job for a
teenager,cause we got paid every week,got in free,
and got free tickets to give to family and friends.
"I LOVED IT"

WORKED IN THE TOBACCO FIELDS,CORN FIELDS AND WATERMELON PATCH AND DON'T ACT LIKE IAM THE ONLY ONE.

My first job was at a chain grocery store in Cali. I was a "box girl" (or bagger is what they're called now). That job was on hit 'cause I was in the union, made almost $1.00 more per hour than minimum wage, got tips for some of the carry-outs, got paid every Thursday and cashed my check right there! Shoot, I was living large for a high school senior!

GAS STATION ATTENDANT,PUMPING GAS AT UNOCAL 76,15 YEARS OLD, MAN IT WAS ROUGH DUDE.

first job at LIBERTY FOOD CENTER. i sorted bottles and bagged groceries. I actually liked the job as a matter of fact i try my beast to bag my groceries when i go to the store now just to see how fast i can do it, if i could work at a grocery store part time i would i think it will be fun.

age 16 at Wendy's. I thought I was the ^%$# when I got my first raise from $3.35 to $3.50 an hour. When my friends came through the drive thru, I would put a drink lid under the tomato and they would bite into their sandwich with a "crunch". We use to cry off that from laughing so hard.

I worked at churches chicken in New Orleans. I was the biscuit girl in the morning the cashier during the day and cleaned the grease at night. They pimped me cause I was so green .

I even had to take out the trash and fry the chicken when the other cashier was in the office getting it on with the manager.

502 Boy when was this!!
I guess you and I are ages apart.
When I started working minimum wage was $4 something

it was 1987.

Age 16..Hardee's..Cook,I bought my 1st car 1972 Maverick I would use the Hardee's pickle bucket as a cooler for the Budweisers .. Man I hated Fri nites after High School Basketball/Football games,just me on the grill and 5 cashiers the Manager(KKK) would sit back and laugh at me while I was getting bombed with orders..needless to say one Fri nite I out of there!

Wade your real first job was as my trusty side kick Gazoo, **** dog you are a lot shorter now when we were kickin' it

.....ESQ.... that was a KEEPER right therre!! he gone get you for that one

MY FIRST J-O-B WAS A SUMMER JOB IN THE PROJECT...4MOS.
OF GRASS CUTTING,DOOR PAINTING,PARK CLEANING,AND BURNING UP IN THE 90 DEGREES HEAT,BUT THE GOOD PART WAS I SAVE
ALL MY MONEY AND SPENT EVERY DIME ON 8TH. GRADE SCHOOL
CLOTHES....... THE STEADY.....

It's on ESQ#23....old man...

87-88 My first job was a "Courtesy Clerk" for Food Giant. It was fun for a while. Me and my homies competed to see who could bag groceries the fastest. I was good until some eggs got broke and bread got smashed. I did learn some valuable lessons about hard work and sacrifice…. missed some Friday night football games to make a little money. But I hated to go out and get those shopping carts on those hot Saturday afternoons. Then on the first of the month we'd have all the people who'd just got there checks and their carts would filled with stuff and we had to take it out to their cars, no tip offered. Best part about it though was my check every week. I'd ride Marta downtown to Riches and buy me one Polo shirt and then to Walters and get some Jordan's or Filas and then be broke till next week. Those were the days….

My first job was as a cashier for a local supermarket called Great Giant in Flint, MI. I actually enjoyed working there, and stayed with them until I moved out of state.

My first job was at Kroger, being a bagger. It lasted 3 weeks. I quit right after Thanksgiving.

1st job was at the Macon Mall at (get ready for this) The Incredible Chocolate Chip Cookie Company...whoa, now that's a mouth full. I worked there until I went off to college. I hooked everybody up too! I took home cookies every night and took them to school the next day. I had chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, sugar, pecan cookies, rice krispy treats....you name it! . I went to work after practice so N.B. #21 I feel ya on that...whatever the season was. I also sold candy in school...(everday I'm hustling) and I worked part-time at Office Depot on the weekends for a minute. I was grinding trying to get it.

My 1st job was work study at college..ok that's not a real job bc they don't take out taxes but I was getting .

Ok, 1st tax paying job was at Media Play, college freshman year over Christmas break. I thought I was gonna lose my job because Wade and his brother came through everyday and we had all the music, movies and video games. Then we went to get cookies and a Frozen Coke from Dap at the Cookie Company!

Those were the days!!!

Monk i picked peas and shelled them ......who remember the tall a** brown paper bag.....But my grandma didn't pay me a dime....I had to do that every summer in GA!!!!1 Boi it was hot as hell

Big Boy resturant. I was a bus boy& dishwasher when I started. After eight months when I wanted to advance to prep cook I was told I was not ready. I threaten to quit & was given the pay of a prep cook. One month later I found another job & quit because a lazy employee was promoted to prep cook because she was unable to handle the speed of the dishwasher. She told me see what being lazy got me in one month that you could not get in nine months.

Wade you probably have not worked a day in your life still don't have a job. You are like Tommy on Martin

Hey board memebers My 1st job was at TED RHODES GOLF COURSE (a historically black golf course), I was a cashier/concession worker... MAN, I MISS THOSE TIPS.. Tax free.. Everybody have a good day!....

My first job was in the United States Navy and still going 20 years, I will retitire in 2 more years.

Dino where are you stationed?

I am in Atlanta in charge of the recruiting stations in the Atl.

Great Lakes, Dental Clinic.

I won a military world championship with the Great Lakes team in 99. I also won a corporate world with the athletic Director at the base Marfachuck, I will be up there in a month, who do you play for?

Esquire, We won military world last year. Are you going to be stationed here.

No I have alot of friends who live in the Chicago and Waukegan area. Do you play for the Ballers?

Part time

I played with most of those guys Gino, Kenny, bert and the rest of the guys. We were the old outlaws.

Ok...they are good bunch of guys. We'll see you when you get here.

Why? Are you two up this post? you two are doing too much. CALL him...KING OUT!!!

......DINO and ESQ.....Don King is right....why?, and please stick to the TOPIC and thanks KING.....but I got this one

Aight Mr Prez you got it...King...Hursh!!!

Dino#13, I get a pay check! They take out taxes....hahahahahha and they sending me to Vegas in 2 weeks...how nice...aight teammate!

AT HANES WAREHOUSE, PACKING PANTY HOSE,!!!!!! HATEDID IT!!!!, MY MOM LIKED IT THOUGH, SHE GOT- GOING TO CHURCH STOCKINS- EVERY WEEK. I MAD $110.34, AFTER TAXES, GOT PAID ON FRIDAYS, THAT WAS 22 YEARS AGO. DANG TIME FLY.

My very first job was working a t a full service Gas Station call Bonafide Gas Station at the age of 11. My job was to pump people who pull in the full service pumps and check their air in their tires and oil dip sticks. I use to get plenty tips from the old ladies and old men.(Gas was about 68 cents a gallon, like Stevie Wonder says "I wish those days would come back again)

...was that when you and MARTIN LUTHER, were on the same team...1953

...My bad....wrong post ...

Church, I heard u were da lobby guy.

...so true did that too and also handed YOU your APPLICATION...

.....and did you ever finish filling it out.....you were stuck on NAME and POSITION....

CHURCH MAN GOOD TOPIC MY FIRST JOINT I WORKED AT WAS MICKEY D'S ALSO I SOLD THE HELL OUT OF NUGGETS AND CHICKEN AS WELL IT ONLY LASTED FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF I WAS PUMPED WHEN I CLAIMED THIS OLDER BROADS KIDS ON MY TAXES AND I RECEIVED A COOL 850 DOLLARS I WAS UPSET B/C MY COUSINS WAS IN THE TRAP AND ALREADY HAD A CAR SITTIN ON BIG BARS AND L'S SO ZONE I WENT STRAIGHT TO THE BLOCK AS WELL ON THE GRIND

ur very funny CHURCH.Gotta meet yo CRAZY AZZ!!!!!!!!