BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Making of Three Strong BASA Divisions

Smallz,

Unless I am mistaken, your coach is the hold up. When there are not enough Comp teams, the early word was that Comp teams would be able to play down. But the Storm threatened to boycott those tournaments and would tell all ATL teams to do the same. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think that it should be three division but change the HR limit
Rec 1 HR then an out
Super 3 HR then an out
Comp 6 HR then an out

Because If you do only 2 division with 4hr & 7Hr that will create a problem for the rec teams because it would no reason for the super rec teams to move up because they get 5hr's now and to change to 4 would be no big deal.

Fam,

These are all great points, and with today's bat technology we may need to look at Runs Scored when classifying teams. Regardless of HR limit, a good hitting Super Rec Team can still put up 30+ Runs consistently. You can argue that any team that is CONSISTENTLY scoring 30+ plus runs and consistenly winning or finishing in the top of the Super Rec Division should be classified as Comp. This is why I agree with Wille B, a 30-40 team Comp. Division would also include the high run produceing teams and increase the Entertaninment value at a lot the BASA Events. I think It would be great to see Atlanta Storm or Class Act bangin with GF or Prime Time with no homeruns in the Bank. Smallz, your team does not have to consistenly hit 12 home runs if it can consistently put up a high run total.

Parity,

I agree with Wille B, we need to save the Comp. Division and find a way to create more parity at the top of every division (if possible). It is never good when a just a couple of teams dominate a division. Winning World is a great accomplishment even in pee wee league. Winning Multiple World Titles at the same level is only impressive if your at the Highest Possible Level.