First of all, I want to thank all of you for your responses! The question was not about TBI or ESP! There have been many events I have covered besides Cincinnati, in which fans have done odd things! Cincinnati was a microcosm of the entire BASA circuit. Here's what you've said:
1) Fans should never insult a player or team; just root for their team (Goes back to little league?!)
2) Women or men (don't want 2 offend) as fans, should cheer but with class! No cursing, going off, acting out of character or obnoxious!
3) Fans should never be on the field! If you are not on the roster, you should not be on the field!
4) Support your team, be as loud as you want, bring whistles, streamers, or even fire works! Teams want their fan support! Just do it with dignity and class! Support your team, don't down the other (Win or Lose)!
5) Bad officiating doesn't condone bad fan sportmanship (See 1,2,3,4)!
6) The BASA MOTTO is "Like a Family Reunion Every Weekend!" Children and Grandparents should feel welcomed and comfortable at any tournament!
7) Teams should condone sportmanship and comraderie with their fans! Everybody's grown, but sometimes hearing it from their own team keeps things from getting out of hand!
(Players) Talking trash is a part of the game (Michael Jordan was the best)! Just do it with class and sportmanship, not disrespect! (This effects your fans, whether you know it or not!)
9) Every teams fan's should respect the side that their team is on. Running to another teams side, though sometimes funny, is considered offensive by the fans who responded, and disrepectful! Worldwide sporting events try to have home team fans behind home team and visitor behind visitors! This is why this was set up originally?
10) Fan's should have fun! Spend your money, watch your team, wear your colors and show your support! Do it with class and everybody will respect you and your team!
That's my report! If you would like to add anything or take away, LET ME KNOW! It may be critical for many fans out there heading to the LOU this weekend!
Excellent reporting! Well said!
Good Job B.G. Now EVERYBODY remember these few rules…….
Very well said and spoken! Fans sometimes get carried away and can't play a lick! You can be heard and cheer, that is what makes basa fun, but never at the expense of the other team or someone's children and family! Treat others as u would want people to treat you and there shouldn't be any problems!
every1 should remembr this everyweekn.
Obviously you have never played at fairgrounds park in tthe Lou, all of the above for fans is fair game that's why we call it the Jungle, if you pay attention to nthe fans you're not concentrating on the game, say what you want, I concentrating on hitting and defense I ain't good enough to listen to the fans and do my job at the sametime
Read and comprehend. This is not about paying attention to the fans. This is about fans paying attention to their own behavior. The Jungle.....What about the jungle? It doesn't get out of hand in the jungle! My experience in the jungle has been one of flat out fun and a good time! By the response I received on my report, most fans and players appreciate the breakdown that I gave. I hope that you will re-read my report! Be on the lookout for my next report from the LOU, titled "Why there is so much fun in the jungle"!