BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Death Penalty

I'm for the dealth penalty only when there is a clear cut conviction. The problem with our system is that it is corrupted. People, like us black folks, are being railroaded and as you can see from the news, alot of people are being released who were wrongly convicted. Now another question. If a close family member committed a crime punishable by dealth, would you still stand behind your belief? I can honestly say, mine would change.

I disagree. As children of God we commit murder everyday. Rather it is with a gun, knife, they way we treat people, the way we talk to poeple, or the way we live. Negativity is a way of murder in itself. but what I like about it, is we get another chance to get it right. So why would I kill someone, when we do it everyday just not it the way we would think we are doing it. God gives us another chance everyday. And do we deserve it? Something to ponder on. Everyone deserves another chance, because we are given another chance everyday.

I like the comment Bosslady made. I think that it is crazy that we spend as much money as we do on a daily basis to provide prisoners on death row with cable television, three meals a day, a gym, library and ect...Killing someone isnt the right thing and making others pay for their mistakes isnt either. How do we as a country come together to fomulate a plan and what changes would you make?

Great Question. The Christian thing to do would be to forgive and let God deal with the person. The other side(human) would say if a person takes the life of another(murder), then their life should be taken! Putting a murderer in prison, feeding, and housing them daily apparently hasn't been working so good. Prison's aren't reforming most of the criminals. What I would suggest is Hard Labor like they use to do back in the days! Some people live better in prison than they do outside it! Bring back the Chain Gang and see how that reforms them!

Lee. D I agree with you that the "Ole Chain Gang" need to be brought back. We spend a minimum of $80 a day for housing inmates and if they have any disability then thats even more of the victims family tax money is paying for them to live....We could never get them to fight for this country over sea because of the attempts to escape and for them to give away Our countries plans.....
If my family member kill someone and they are guilty...I think they should be put to death as well....It should not matter!!!!1

It really bothers me that one can be sentenced to death and twenty years later still have more amendment right appeals. I really dont see a "good" solution. If you say, let's kill them, then you are going to have the people who are going to fight for that to not happen. If you continue the way it is then people like you all and myself will continue to feel used by the system.

You as a judge finds a man guilty of murder, with overwhelming evidence, and you sentence him to dealth. If you were able to set the length of time from trial to death, what would it be? Me, I would give them two weeks to say good bye to family members and get their personal issues,like finances, together.

I'll give them maybe a maximum of 5 years for appeals and any new evidence that has not been shown....but the only reason for five is because of the corrupt criminal justice system.

I agree with Dinsum above b/c if the people that is committing these crimes understand the circumstances that they will be exposed to the same type of harsh crime that the do to others then we would not have all these unnnecessary crimes going on. (example: if some male rapes a woman put him in a cell with several death row inmates that haven't had a woman in years and expose the criminal to be rape also. they will stop the madness. Real Talk on 2sday. Church can we get a word or two.