BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pippen says LeBron better than MJ at this stage of career.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Pippen says LeBron better than MJ at this stage of career.

I don't know about that one...MJ will forever be the greatest in my mind.....

He agreed that MJ is still the greatest, but at 3 years into their pro careers, LeBron is better.

i love mj but u must admitt LeBron is the truth and he is only 21. just think if he retires when mj did heck he still got 20 years left to play

911, you stole my thunder this morning...lol. LeBron has shown all season that he is the best player in the game today. I believe at this stage Pippen is right, LJ is better than MJ was. He makes everyone on that team better the only other players that do that in my opinion are D. Wade and Nash. But thats just my opinion...If you look back at past post covering your boy Kobe I said the exact same thing I'm saying today(didn't need Pippens validation).

At first glance this argument is not even close MJ was definitely better but actually the numbers are pretty close. MJ averaged 37.1 and LJ 31.4 Lebron in his third year has a better supporting cast than MJ, Pippen and Grant didn't get there till year 4, so hey tomato…tomatoe. In the first 3 years of their career I call it a draw. Maybe a little edge to Lebron he rebounds and dishes. But soon after year 3 MJ went on to win SIX! Not to mention the talent level of the NBA in 80's and 90's was much tougher than it is today.

DM#18 I WAS THINKING ALONG THOSE SAME LINES THIS IS A DIFFERENT PERIOD OF TIME THE 80'S AND 90'S WHEN MJ WAS ON THE COURT THE TALENT LEVEL WAS WAY ABOVE WHAT IT IS NOW.LEBRON IS GOOD WILL BE THE GREATEST OF THIS AGE BUT IT'S HARD TO COMPARE WHEN THEY ARE NOT PLAYING IN THE SAME ARENA OF TIME.

You have to also look at how the game has changed as well. You dont have the competitive edge like when MJ started. Now days if someone is driving to the hole more then likely they are going to be uncontested. That wouldnt have happened back then. Lebron is ok but he isnt that great. Jordan carried a team on his back as he spanked team after team. The Cav's are not consistant nor is Lebron. I admit, this year is going to make him a much better player for the up coming years.

hey ball or fall,you'll falling on this one Bron-Bron is
making bigger step right now....than MJ and some of the
other star(kobe)are right now. 21 years young and 6'8 and growing...todays game is their game and he's the
best.....who's every on his team now...like the cass of
players that was on MJ team or equal to me. Nobody can
stop either one of them....right!!!
stay coool....

Jump Steady, you're right. Im just saying that the level of play around him makes the abilities he has seem much more better. Jordan had alot better players to play against.

You can't teach the skills that kid has. He maybe inconsistant at times but what player is consistant against the Pistons. True we are talking a different era of the game...but in this era he is the best at what he does...as 15 says stats don't lie.

Well stats don't always tell the whole story. The kid is darn good and his team is making strides but he hasn't beat the Pistons yet and he's still only won one playoff series against the Wizards. Jordan had to beat the Bird's Celtics,Isaiah's Pistons, Moncrief's Buck's, Barkley's Sixers, Price's Cavs, Nique's Hawks, Ewing's Knicks just to come out of the East. I just don't think it that tough now-a-days.

With direct relation to Lebron now (3 yrs in the pro's / 21 yrs old / average teammates) and MJ then (3yrs in the pro's or Junior yr @ NC/ 21 yrs old / average teammates), Yes Lebron is ahead of MJ, but to be better than MJ Lebron have some more years to put under his belt. I will bet anyone Lebron learned from Jordan as well, so he should become better. Because if not, the kids that following him will only learn as much as someone else taught Lebron.