BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interracial Dating...

I would like the mature women who has an honest and intellegent response to respond to this. I've dated white females in the past and dont look at the color of the skin when it comes to my happiness. Other then the lame excuses that you usually here women give about why they dont like seeing a black man with a white woman, can I get some "Real Talk" feed back?

BASA if this is to controversal and you remove it then I understand. Im not trying to start anything here just trying to understand.

Re: Interracial Dating...

A real sister wouldn't give it a second thought, because she is strong and holding it down. It's such a hype for brothers to think sisters are intimidated by the fact a brother may date or marry out of their race. Black females get the same response and looks when dating out of their race as a black male. But don't ever think a black woman is less because you date or marry out of your race. If you're a black male, you proabaly have a black mother. Whatever makes you happy, treat her, whether black or whatever race with respect and pracefully you'll get the same.
When the lights goes out..we're all the same color.

Sista, I feel you and I dont want you to think that Im saying that all sistas have issues or feel less of themselves. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE MY BLACK WOMEN!!!! My main point of this is that I have a bi-racial child and when I meet a black woman, not all of them, but some seem to have an issue with the fact that I have dated them in the past. Even though my child is almost ten years old. I would never pick any other race over a black woman if all of them were the same.

hey man do your thing bro whatever makes you happy,my wife is black and i still get dirty looks from the sista,she is probably darker than the night sky.but my thing is this, if people are tripping on you trust me it's not you, it's them who has the problem.so don't hold yor head down the only person you have to answer to is god. so if she's completes you and make you happy that's all that matters,but tell your wife this, they hate you cause they ain't you.

whats up real talk? I have always held my head up high. Im to strong willed to allow what others think to effect me. I was just curious. You know, real talk discussion. My girl Im with now is black and she is a successful doctor. She was great with my son when we first met. Mainly its about how my "friends" talk about black men with white women. But thanks for your input.

As a matter of personal opinion and thats what you asked for... I have a son and I know he is sick to death of hearing me say it but each and every time I see a young brother with a white woman I say to him, son when you grow up marry a black woman, treat her like a queen and love her from the bottom of your heart. This is no disdain to black women but old school that I am and having been around it seems that some black men (a lot) will more readily accept a white woman with children but its an issue for him to raise another black man's child. In other words, a black woman with a child is not a candidate. Some black men will go to the ends of the earth, bend over backwards and give a white woman all he's got (and here are many examples, look at our athletes, our stars)but will not do the same for a sister. These days you see it every where the perpetual vision that in order to be right, to be successful, to be accepted a brother is supposed to have a white chick, please dont say it isnt so cause my son still watches cartoons and even they will readily have a little white girl being the person of choice for the lone brother in the series, look at Save the Last Dance, and you can name others. But sistas deserve a loving black man. Statistics show that while white women's chances of marrying start to decline once they hit the 40-45 age group for a sista that decline starts as young as 25. Some believe there are not enought good black men to go around given black on black crime, the rate of incarciration etc. So you take the part that are missing from the ranks and then add the ones who would rather go white the you are leaving a great number of sisters alone and left out. But believe it and know it, though it may be a painful truth, not one will die for lack of having a black man - each and everyone WILL SURVIVE and thrive. True enough its a very individual thing and you love who makes you happy and thats as it should be but for me, I see there there are many many beautiful, talented, intelligent black girls in the world. I want my son to take lots of time to make sure it ISNT a black woman who can make him happy before he decides to try it differently.

Just my take, thanks for that information. I feel everything you said. Where Im at, its hard to meet a "good, independent, strong, goal oriented" black woman who isnt either stuck on herself or is scorn and comes at you with too much attitude. Now dont get me wrong, stuck on yourself and confidence is two seperate things. I like a woman with much confidence. Thats a turn on. But the ones who think that you are not good enough for them for whatever reasons are the ones I speak of. Im a very successful, educated black man and in my single days I found it hard to date due to some women either being stuck up or having an issue with my bi-racial child. Who, again I repeat, is almost 10 years old. I just met a female this past weekend and she tripped out when I told her I had a bi-racial child. She went on to talk about how she hate the fact that her son dates a white girl and her brother is married to one. Then she says, I'm prejudice. And then she expected me to call her.

Those of us that has grown up in a multiracial society don't really look at color lines. You accept people for who they are. The only people that really have a problem with this issue is those of which grew up in neighborhoods of one nationality. As a result the close minds have been sent down through upbringing. It makes me happy to understand that color lines don't matter. Happiness does.

my problem w/inter-racial dating is when one party(black man or woman) points to their reason for doing it is because black women are %$%#%, *&*^$ and &%^^$ or black men are *(&&*^%, *^&%*), &*^&^$. When whites gives their reason, the don't put down each other like we do.

If you think you are getting something in an interracial relationship that you don't think you get when you date your own, then you are doing it for the wrong reason.

I'm sorry but when a brotha goes to a majority black function but seeks out the lone white woman for play, he is lost IMO.

Drinker i agree with you totally. children are conditioned by their environment. later on in life as an adult you are exposed to differant settings and sometimes their views may change. i am a firm believer that you cant help who you fall in love with. if you associate with predominantly whites then their will be something you find to be attractive within a caucasian hang with spanish you will find something attractive within them also. So if you dont want your children dating outside their race monitor their peers closely. Me personally i perfer my sistas. just not attracted to white women. not a racial thing because i am not attracted to over weight women, ugly women ect... individuals are sometimes selfish keep in mind sometimes your biracial offsprings may have to suffer because of your own personal choices. but it really boils down to do what ever makes you happy because you will have to deal with problems regardless of what race you put on your elbow. life is to short to dwell on interracial dating.

I believe that no matter what tha color it's showing,as long as it shows that LOVE is (COLOR BLINDED) to tha fact that two people don't give a dam what other small minded cartoon people have to say! just be together and stay positive and happy....

I see several responses to the inter-racial dating. I am happy to see all the positive responses rather for or against. I am a product of inter-racial marriage, who grew up in a all white neighbor hood. I can honestly say it was hard for me because I took my mothers attributes, that I am very proud of. I was called all sorts of names by the whites and the blacks when I finally had a chance to go to public school. I think we should all get over the color barrier and try to live free of color. I have always loved and will always love or African American sisters eventhough I grew up around whites. I do think there are enough black men out here in the world, some of these sisters should give them a chance.

Hey, I really have to say Ive enjoyed the positive responses. It great when a topic like this can be discussed and you get mature replies. I really appreciate everyones response. Again, I would have to say that I do love my black sistas specially my BASA sistas. Like it was mentioned. No matter who you date, rather white, black, tall, short, someone is going to have something to say about it. Im happy to say that my, black woman, is 5'11 and is one of the most positive woman I have ever met. I love the thought of a strong woman and that doesnt matter to me if she is white or black, my preference is black. But I would never turn my back on a chance to be happy with a white woman all because she is black.

First of all good topic. Race and sexual identity kinda corrilates in my opinion. Some people hate gays period just like race. I feel that you don't have to teach blacks to get along with whites, but whites needs a psychlogical overhaul, especially the poor whites. For example: BSA allows 3 nonblack players on a roster. Second, the change of mindset is needed because when you teach a child Supremacy, that they are better than someone else because of a millermeter differentation of pigmentation, it creates gradious behavior. Now, when that child growns up and begins to finds that that different race is smarter, stronger, wiser,ect. This creates a form of schizo-affective disorder because all the Bullsh** was not true that they where taught. You then find a large number of Schizophrenias(Paranoid Schiz- believing folks is after them), Major Depression, Anxiety Disorders because they are not Supreme after all. Now, to combat this is the proper education, not graduating college but your Culture is true education. An educated adult doesn't care about the color that he/she dates. Beauty is the image you see with your heart and not your eyes. This mess is over! Ready or not our time has come, the revolution will not be telivised.

I'm a black woman. There is nothing wrong with dating outside of your race. I am 26 years old and have a 11 year old bi-racial sister, and I LOVE HER TO DEATH. BECAUSE SHE IS MY SISTER. That's whats wrong with the world today. We can't seem to get over the race card. I have also dated outside of my race. Til this day I wish we could have went futher in our relationship. But things happen. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my strong black brothers and I wouldn't give them up for the world. Brother be strong and do what makes you and your family. were all family no matter what color you are WE ARE THE CHILDREN. WE ARE THE WORLD. We are the ones to make a better day so lets start giving.

We need to try to do onto others as we would have them do onto us.

I also have to say there are alot of things going on in this world today. WE NEED to stand together as a nation. And not a color,cause were all one color in gods eyes. Let him who is with out sin cast the first stone. And also if you haven't watched it yet. You need to watch Chrash. If you have a problem with a different race. This is the movie you need to watch.
Have a blessed day.

I do believe that we are all God's kids and I look at everyone out of the same eyes. I dont believe that anyone is any better then another rather that be me, Nelly or anyone else on this earth. Its great to have such a great organization like BASA to bring us all together and when we are on the field we are as one. I love black people but I also love God's creation.