BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BASA SOFTBALL TEAMS UNITE/BASA STAFF/FAMILY

I HAVE BEEN PLAYING SOFTBALL COMPETIVELY FOR ABOUT 9 YEARS, AND I STILL THINK THAT BASA SOFTBALL DOESN'T GET THE RESPECT THAT IS DUE. HAS THE BASA OFFICIAL THOUGHT ABOUT PUTTING TOGETHER AN ALL BASA TEAM TO GO AND COMPETE AGAINST THE BETTER WHITE TEAMS, WIN NATIONALS ON THEIR PLAYING FIELDS AND TALK SH** WHILE WE ARE DOING IT. 2 YEARS AGO GODFATHER MANAGEMENT CAME TO TALLAHASSEE AND BEAT JEANE-SHOPPE LIKE THEY STOLE SOMETHING. IT WAS A GREAT FELLING FOR ME BECAUSE AT THE TIME JEANNE-SHOPPE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE ALL THAT, AND GODFATHER SHOWED THEM OTHER WISE. DON'T BE SCARED TO PUT IT TOGETHER BASA STAFF. I AM CALLING YOU GUYS OUT. GIVE US SOMETHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT OTHER THAN BEATING ON EACH OTHER. THAT TEAM THAT GODFATHER MANAGEMENT BROUGHT TO TALLAHASSEE 2 YEARS AGO COULD BE THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY EASILY.THINK ABOUT IT. I AM SORRY TO PUT YOU GUYS ON FRONT STREET, BUT I THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA. TAKE THE BEST OF THE BEST AND LETS DO THIS. WE CAN DOMINATE A, B, AND C DIVISIONS. DON'T BE SCARED!

Re: BASA SOFTBALL TEAMS UNITE/BASA STAFF/FAMILY

good idea erosier! Put a whooping on them A,B,C whateva! Those mf's would be maaaadddddd! Some of 'em hate losing to the brothers!

E WEST 34 THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. I WAS JUST TRYING TO SAY IT IN A BETTER WAY, BUT THAT IS THE IDEA. THE BEST BLACK PLAYERS IN THE COUNTRY PLAY BASA SOFTBALL. LET'S DO IT AND LET IT DO WHAT IT DO.

I think that is a great idea. there was a team put together in detroit last year and we shocked the world in the E worlds and believe me when i tell you they did not like it at all they tried everything they could from checking id to doing rain dances so the team wouldnt win. they ended up calling the tourney because of rain but im here to tell you it did not have to be called.

I hear you, I have played and started all season for one of the number#1 top teams in the country Bell Corp. I love the Idea, i would definitely want to be apart of that team if it is ever put together. It would be nice to see it happen.

I love the idea, Hi BASA let's do this.

I'm a fan of the idea too but can the BASA organization sponsor something like that? I don't think so…at least not publicly. There are enough teams and enough coaches to do it. Why can't the players come together and do it.

...you know I'm down

Erosier, I've been talking to players individually for a couple of years about this same idea, but you came up with something big when you included BASA and went public. I support your idea, you can include us for whatever support it's going to take.
That's what I'm talken about. Lets do this.

Rick Prime Time/MOS

Im in just let me know

I fill you Erosier but i don't think you need to put a team together. I have seen alot of teams on the basa that will kick ass.I say that you take the top 5 and go play in A B C D E. I HAVE PLAYED ON BOTH SIDE AND I HAVE NOT SEEN TEAMS THAT GET DOWN LIKE WE DO ..........BASA IS THE SH**

I agree #3/BMW. Prime Time, Atlanta Storm, Graystone, Enough Said, N. Chicago Ballers have proven that.

That's wzup!!!!

ERosier, BMW # 3 that is true too, but what some of the teams do is combine for the big tourneys and Worlds. I would love to go to a World, the Smoky or the Dudley and pound some of those teams BASA style. There would be nothing wrong with beating them at their own game.

Is it a question of can BASA do it, oris it a question of a group of guys pulling a few bucks out of their pockets and doing it. Itis a proven fact that this message board is a great forum. Ask the collective who they would think be good for the BASA team, and put it togeather. Go to a tourney, whoop some tail, and qualify for the National/Worlds with a paid birth so you don't have to come oput of the pocket again. Then go to the Nationals/Worlds and WHOOP some more tail. Handle it!!!

....WE have been heard....and it will go into consideration....and thanks BASA UNION REPS ,DERRTY#2

WHY PICK PLAYERS OFF OF DIFFERENT TEAMS? BASA HAS TEAMS READY TO PLAY OWN THE WHITE CIRCUIT NOW, BMW LOUNGE PLAYS MOST OF OUR SEASON ON THEIR CIRCUIT AND HAVE WON SOME OF THE BIGGEST GAMES AND TOURNEYS SINCE WE HAVE HAD A TEAM SO IT CAN BE DONE.

Eli,

Prime Time gave the world another taste of what we have to offer this past weekend. Primetime, Pace, Godfather/Colbert, Graystone, and several other teams have shown that we (BASA) can win on any level.

My wish would be that we could find a way to keep the some of the best black talent active.

Competitive brackets must make!!!

Playing competitively is a "Death Sentence". It's one of the worst decissions I've ever made. You can't go back!!! Life WIthout the Possibility of Parole!!!

All you young players wishing to play competitive, stop wishing!!! I wish at times that I'd never left.

In a perfect world, On Friday evening, BASA lets Wolf, Reggie Brown, Big Swole, Billy Hudson and others put on an awesome display of power. We follow that up with a skills challenge: Baserunning, Throwing accuracy, etc.... Then we party til 2:00 a.m. as a family.

On Saturday at 9:00, Let all teams and fans share the same stage. On field #1 So. Ga Magic, Field #2 Graystone, Field #3 Atlanta Storm, Field # 4 Derrty, Field # 5 Class Act, Field # 6 Supersonics, Field # 7 Enough Said, and Field #8 Ga Mixx vs. The Hotgirls etc.....

Unfortuantely, Rec and Super Rec is where all the teams are. That's where the money is and often women and competitive get thrown out in the wind or some park on the other side of town.

We can't unite and play as one until we collectively build our house with bricks as opposed to twigs. I want nothing more than to play permenantly on the Black Circuit and have a family reunion every weekend, but it won't happen anytime soon!!!

Great idea Eli, if it happens I'm in and I don't mind driving 7 hours or paying my own way to be a part of

HISTORY!

WB # 24

....That's a nice INPUT and REAL TALK by you WB.....I can see it

i think pace/tps plays mostly the " other circuit" and they are getting beat by "B" teams.and barely beating "C" and "D" teams.you are in for a rude awakening if you think you can put a team together to compete with the upper elite teams on the " other circuit".

"Player" U may find out sooner than u think! Stay tuned!

...it can happen player....We in the LOU,play in the "OTHER" numerous of times...I only see one difference......COLOR SCHEME....all else is HUMAN....so don't shallow yourself and say WE (BASA) can't compete......You win some you loose some....but I can say this.....they Play basic ball....WE do EXTRA....and so I say either TEAM can DO WELL...maybe even SWEEP...but you will get some bogus calls.....if you play the favorite

MY KAT THATS A HELL OF AN IDEA. THERE'S A SHOW THAT COME ON FOX MIDWESTERN REGION BACK IN STL CALLED SOFTBALL 360, I DONT IF MANY HAVE SEEN IT, BUT THEY SHOWCASE DIFFERENT MAJOR TEAMS AND TOURNAMENTS. IT WOULD BE SO NICE TO EXPOSE BLACK SOFTBALL TO THE WORLD, BUT UNTILL THERE IS A RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE ON OUR SIDE OF THINGS WE'RE GOING TO CONTINUE TO GET LOOKED OVER. ME PERSONALLY, IM LIKE CHURCH I'VE NEVER BELIEVED ALL THAT MAJOR TEAM HYPE AND WHAT NOT. WHEN YOU CAN TRAVEL AND PLAY RECIEVE CLEATS, BATS, AND ALL OTHERS INCENTIVES AND JUST CONCENTRATE ON WINNING YOU'LL BE SURPRISED HOW EASY IT IS TO DOMINATE. AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT ELI, THE VERY MAN THAT STARTED THE BASA WAS TALKING OF DOING WHATS ON YOUR HEART SOME YEARS AGO BUT FELL UPON DEAF EARS. BUT AS THEY SAY YOUR VOICE MAY RING LOUDER IN A DIFFERENT TONE SINCE YOU ARE ONE OF THE PREMIERE PLAYERS ON THE CIRCUIT. I HOPE TO SEE THIS MATERIALIZE WITH NOT JUST ONE BUT AT LEAST 5 SOLID TEAMS. 5 BEING THAT IT REPRESENTS GRACE AND THATS HOW WE IN THE BASA PLAY GRACEFULLY. PEACE DURTEY REDDE #9 OUT SHOUTS OUT TO BMF AND NORTHSIDE CHICAGO BALLAS FOR THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE MOTOR CITY THIS PAST WEEKEND.

Player; Pace/TPS have a few of the select of the group. I can tell you that if the players in BASA come together and combine as one for a few tournaments you we surely see that we are above and beyond the competition on the other levels. I think they will just have to drop all ego's at the door and play for one common cause. I think it is the best idea I have seen on this board yet. I think what would be ven be better if we all showed up for support that weekend.

Why not allow them to play against the BASA BOMBERS(Rec., Super Rec., Comp.,- Men & Women) in a BASA Tournament? That's one way to keep the money in the family, since they're always begging to play.

PLAYER I HAVE PLAYED AGAINST SOME OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE COUNTRY AND I CAN TELL YOU THIS. YOU ARE FULL OF SH** IF BASA OR IF SOME OF THE SPONSORS GET TOGETHER AND FORM THIS TEAM THEY WILL WIN. IMAGINE WOLF,WILLIE BROWN, REGGIE PATERNSON, DUKE, THE HELMET,
SQUIRELL, LEE DANIELS AND RHODNEY DONALSON ON THE SAME TEAM. THOSE GUYS CAN PLAY WITH ANY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY. BY THE WAY, PLAYER I HATE THAT YOU WANT POST YOUR NAME. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT COLOR YOU ARE, BECAUSE I DON'T THINK THERE IS A BLACK PERSON PLAYING BASA SOFTBALL THAT THINKS WE CANNOT COMPLETE. YOU CAN ALSO COUNT ME IN IF THIS TEAM IS EVER FORM.
CHUURCH I NEED SOME HELP. I KNOW YOU ARE THE BOARD PRESIDENT. MAKE THIS HAPPEN. THE PRIMETIME FAMILY LOVE THE IDEA, AND THAT IS A START. PRIMETIME HAVE BEEN WINNING ON THE OTHER CIRCUITS FOR A WHILE, AND ALOT OF THE WHITE TEAMS RESPECT THEM. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SEE BASA SOFTBALL WORLD WIDE. NOT JUST IN OUR BACK DOOR.

I tell you what, I have played the other circuit for the last five years on some very good A & B teams with great sponsorship. But there is nothing like the BASA circuit, My first tournament on the BASA circuit was 3 years ago in Tallahasse at the Capital City(now 19 memorial) I fell in love with the BASA circuit. There is as much talent on the BASA circuit as there is on the other circuit. I have seen the talent on both circuits and the BASA WOULD Definitely represent for a fact as long as you take the properly position players and hitters. Making the routine plays is a must, no egos alot of pride, I'm new on the BASA circuit and very Glad Godfather's is giving me a chance to show my talent. Some on the BASA circuit know me and alot don't. (Let's do it, I will be the Sleeper on the BASA Circuit. The other circuit am well known. PUT the Team together someone.

Player,

This Pace Electronics/TPS team isn't the version of yesteryear! The young players are trying to get acclimated to a very different class of softball they've never seen. I'll tell you this, by year's end, they will be a very difficult draw. I'm no longer part of the Pace Electronics/TPS organization, but I'll bleed Green/Blue for life. I'll also back them whenever someone uses this message board to belittle a great organization. I've talk my trash here, but I refuse to allow an individual that hasn't played above the S/R & Rec level, to talk about anyone I've been associated with. If you've never walked the walk, then don't talk the talk, b/c you have no idea!

WINNER'S COMPETE

I walk it, like I talk it!
I talk it, like I walk it!

Terence W. McDaniel
Pace Electronics/TPS #3 for life.

Like I said earlier I'm in to be apart of a team with those guys mentioned would be great not only to learn from those guys but to play along side them would be nice. I played with 2 of those guys Lee Dan and Big Swol and they made my job as a lead off alot easier So if we ever put a team in, in any division count me in.

Just let me make a few comments regarding Eli's post. Having played on the circuit for the last 15 plus years and the last 9 with PACE/TPS. There's no question that the teams and players of the BASA posess the talent and ability to win on any circuit.

Those of us that have played on the other circuit at various levels understand that it's not just about talent and ability when it comes to winning and competing. It takes much more than that!

I can tell you that it truly starts with leadership and organization to secure team sponsorship. Todays softball game has changed drastically. Teams from the highest to the lowest levels are paying players and taking care of all expenses etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you have to pay players to play, but in competing on a national level, just understand your competition and what we're up against.

Rick from Prime Time have talked about this idea in the past and I know this is something he's passionate about along with a whole host of us that have certainly played at the upper levels on the other circuit.

In closing, just let us not forget and lsoe sight of the uniqueness of Black softball BASA style. There's nothing that compares to our softball weekends and the fun and comraderie shared by all. Playing on the other circuit is about business and winning at all cost. When teams having budgets ranging from 100k to 500k per year the stakes are truly for keep. Can BASA make something like this happen? they certainly can, but just remember that it's much more involved than getting the best players and putting a team together.

Personally, Count me in I'd love to part of something like this, but in a coaching/managerial role. These days, I enjoy playing golf more than swinging the softball bat.

Ron Johnson

ps. Willie Brown, great comments,, I echoe them as well.

...EROISERClass ACT....WE(ALL of US) been feeling this IDEA for years, and Believe me you have BEEN heard and so it's in the hands of the POWERS THAT BE.......and for T MACtps-PACE......I played above SR and REC and WALKED IT,JUST LIKE I TALKED IT.......so....oops....I guess that gives me PERMISSION and once AGAIN...count me in

Hey Eli I think that's a great idea. Well spoken WBrown. If and when BASA decide to do this if I'm playing or not I will travel to support My brothers and what they are trying to accomplish also we don't have to wait for basa to do this we can do this ourselves just have to get dedicated ballplayers.

What's up Eli, I agree that BASA can put a team together and tear the "other" circuit up. I think what we should do is pick a tournament on the other circuit and put as many teams as we can in it and see what happens. They don't understand the love that we have for one another. We can talk trash all game and at the end still shake hands and then have a beer together. On the white circuit, you better be ready to slap the **** out of somebody. I play on the circuit for the first time in 4yrs in B'ham and had more fun going 1 and 2 then winning on the white circuit. So, let's find a tournament and show them what we bring to the game. Peace

I believe that is a great idea!!! What about the young guys on the curcuit 25 and under, do you think that they should start a up and coming team with the best young players that's under the age of 25!!! They could play together and grow to be a dominant force on all circuits, You can put the younger team together and give them a good coach, then the sky is the limit for the talent and potential that I've seen on the BASA curcuit!!! About the sponsorship, each player could get sponsored by the team that they originally played for or they could find another sponsor to just sponsor that one player!! What do you all think???

Eli hit me up 229-881-7760 this is D.O.

Hey Guys. Softball is Softball. I've played against some of the best, and I am enjoying the BASA. I'm getting tired of hearing players getting acclimated to a different class of softball for these "Other" tournaments. BASA hit, run, and play D. That's all you need, because in the "Other" tourneys that's what they do. All you have to remember is that in the "Other" tourneys, we are not going to get any calls, so you have to make your plays clean. Period. We also have teams that can win in every class: A/B, C, D, and E. What would be nice is if we all got our teams togeather and went to one tournament and won it all in all classes. Now that would be SWEET!!!