BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best College Basketball Game of all time

Okay, I know March Madness was just a couple of months ago, but me and a friend of mine always get into a discussion about the best college basketball game of all time that we've watched. I still say the best game of all time that I saw was between Syracuse & Illinois back in 1989 I believe. There were at least 9 NBA players on the court, Syracuse had Derrick Coleman, Sherman Douglas, Billy Owens, Stephen Thompson, Rony Seikally and Illinois had Kendall Gill, Stephen Bardo, Nick Anderson, Marcus Liberty, & Kenny Battle. Best B-Ball I ever seen. What game was better than that???

Re: Best College Basketball Game of all time

2 Cents that's easy...Phi Slamma Jamma and Louisville in the March Madness Tourney in 83. By far the best college game I have ever seen. Those cats were go back and forth with one an other and no one backed down. I have never seen so many cats getting posterized in one game as that one

ESQ#23, I like that one, that one has never come up in our discussion before, that was one hellava game with Drexler & Akeem on Houston and Rodney McCray on 'Da ville. I also thought the UNLV VS Duke championship game in 90 or 91 was another good one, Grandma-ma (Larry Johnson), Stacey Augmon, Greg Anthony, Anderson Hunt, Ladell Ackles blew the doors off of Duke in that championship game.

Without a doubt, Villanova over Georgetown in an upset. I watched it so many times,I have the commercials memorized. One of the best coaching jobs ever. That game inspired me to get into coaching.

How can you guys call yourselves basketball fans and not mention Texas Western and Kentucky. The first NCAA school to start 5 black players.

911 now that i see you watching. i am upset with you for removing that post.

I was tricked, I was told that you two mutually agreed to have it removed.

Sed...Don't date yourself. A lot of us are not that old to have seen that game. Mine's are the Duke-Kentucky game of 92 is a given, but next to that I'll take Keith Smart's '87 IU Hoosiers over D.Colemans Orangemen or the NO NAME Tar Heels of '93 over the FAB 5 of Michigan. By the way, I give credit to them for the black shoes, black socks and extra long shorts.

just like a woman being manipulating

Sed, you are right that was a great game as well as a great moment in our history, however, I can't say that I witnessed that one. I was speaking of games that I've seen. Great game to mention though. Villanova over Georgetown is also one of the all time classics as mentioned by Clay, and I agree, Michigan started the baggy-long shorts look which I'll ever be grateful for, those short-shorts my boy Dr. J used to wear back in the day were just crazy!!

Without a doubt Houston/N.C. State for da Ship '83

Good Call Deuce, I've been waiting on someone to mention that one. That was one of the all time best finishes to a college B-ball game, especially in a championship game. I also thought the championship game between Danny Manny & the Kansas Jayhawks over Mookie Blaylock & Stacey Kings Oklahoma Sooners was a good game to watch. I think that was 88 or 89.

88...I'm a true sooner fan and didn't want to mention that one.... We beat them three times that year and couldn't win the one that mattered

Yeah, I remember that, Kansas was a one man show that year with Danny Manning. I was a Sooner fan back then too, they definitely had the better team with the big 3 over there, Harvey Grant, Mookie, & Stacey. I think Kansas still holds the record for having the most losses of any National Champ, they were like 17 wins & 13 or 14 losses.

Houston/NC State by Far.

powerhouse Georgetown losing to Villanova

Dino that was a good game...but Houston had to go thru the Ville in the same tournament. Let's face it, the game wasn't all that compelling until the last 3 mins. Houston had the game on lock but couldn't hit FT's. Don't forget about the game between Illinois and Michigan in 89. That was a classic too. Indiana St. and Michigan has to go high on the list as well.

oh 911 didnt realize u had posted that game already but we are revealing our ages on that one.

Man, ya'll tripp'n. It's got to be Kentucky v. Duke in "92" the game went 3 overtimes and duke won 104-103. Holla at ya boy!!!!!

Michigan State -vs- Indiana State >> 79 Championship game started everything!!
Indiana -vs- Michigan >> 76 Championship game Hoosiers 32-0
Michigan -vs- Illinois >> 89 Final Four game
UNLV -vs- Duke >> Championship game
UNC -vs- Georgetown >> Championship game Freddie Brown , two pro teams, look at the rosters from these teams!

ALL GOOD GAMES,BUT LETS NOT FORGET GEORGIA TECH/W LEATOL WEAPON 3 AND LSU/W SHAQ.

SPELL CHECK...........LEATAL