BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bench riders

Can someone please explain because I don't you have great players everywhere why is it that some guys rather ride the bench.

Re: Bench riders

Because some just want to say hey.... I play for such and such. When in reality you don't play at all you're just on there roster. You could be home cutting your grass or going to your kids baseball games.

no pressure coming off the bench.

I DONT THINK THAT WAY, THE KEY 2 THE GAME IS ROLE PLAY EVERYONE CANT PLAY AT THE SAME TIME BUT KNOW YOUR ROLE AND WHEN U R CALLED UPON COME THROUGH N A BIG WAY SOME PLAYERS R JUST NOT EVERY GAME PLAYERS AND IF I DONT COME THROUGH MYSELF INCLUDED I THINK U HAVE 2 HAVE 15 PLUS 2 WIN WEEK-N AND WEEK OUT I WILL TELL U HOW I KNOW, U NEVER C TEAMS WIN BIG TOURNS WITH 10 PLAYERS NOT MUCH BUT BIG TEAMS DO B-CUZ THEY HAVE ALOT OF CHOICES, SOME TEAMS WONT PICK UP PLAYERS CAUSE THEY DONT WANT 2 STEP ON TOES AND THATS NOT GOOD B-CUZ U R PUTTING THAT N FRONT OF WINNG AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS WORK ON YO GAME MAKE THE COACHES JOB EASY. THANKS GOD BLESS

It could be because some bench riders know their role on a particular Team..It could be because they feel comfy with that Team..It could be because when the Team wins they get the same prizes..It could be because they are loyal to that Team..It could be because he has a free ride (sponsor)..etc

few words for my fellow bench riders then i am going back into hiding.

Playing for the Storm is quite a sensation
because we are the best Super Rec team in the nation
My teamates get to sweat in all that heat
Whille 1st timer looks at all that fresh meat
As i stare Daddy comes calling
Double in the gap that how i be balling

find your role know your role except your role
if you cant deal with either or you have no role it time for you to find another team

[

Sometimes when you build a squad you pick up 15 guys, which means when it is all said and done 4 people got to sit, it is up to them to accept those roles, I would never be comfortable as a non-starter and would work real hard to show that I should be in the lineup, but if there is someone better in the positions that I play, than I would definately sit, and not quit the team, I would atleast stay for the season and look into something else in the off season, but most really good teams have guys they can plug in and not miss a beat, it takes humble people to be bench players, but bench players or role players are winners too....

I've been in both situations. I've always been a starter on my teams but I left Rec to play Competitive(3 years ago) and found myself on the bench more than I liked. I thought I had a pretty good attitude towards the game but I had my jaws tight a few times and was close to saying something but refrained. I held suit and got my chance to shine. They had to play me in the World in Colombus(2003)because no other pitchers were there.

I played great against the BHam Players the 1st game. I had a couple of strike outs and everything. My next assignment was against PACE. We were up 8-5 through 5 innings(come on man, holding Pace to 5 runs through 5 innings) Pace started hitting and tied it up 8-8. The the coach got nervous and pulled me and we lost 21 to 8. As you see, they still didn't have much confidence in me. I went through it 1 1/2 more years and left after we combined teams w/Jabalis and I was 4th pitcher in rotation. I still would have hung in there but the team split up.

I'm playing Rec again and having a great time because my old team welcomed me back home. I didn't go crawling back because I had other options.

Moral to the long story(sorry) is that you have to do what is best for YOU and no one else. If it ain't fun, you need to bounce because most of us don't draw a check or cash from playing.

Key to happiness. Work and home comes first. If my son and duagheter are not playing, then I am.

1st Timer, you need to be a writer or Poet! You have a way with words Dog!

502 Boyz #45, I played against you that year in World. I played with a team out of Biloxi that year. We didn't get the gme started until about 1130, and it was cold. You all were heavy favorites over us and we pulled it out. I look forward to meeting you at one of the forthcoming touraments. Good Luck to you and the 502 Boyz

I don't like to call anyone a bench rider ( Team Player), like PT30 said to win tournaments you need more than 10 or 11 players in most cases. As long as a person knows their role before they comment to a team I think that's when it works out better for the whole team. Sometime players get injured, go into a slump or get enjected from a game. That Extra player becomes a pot of gold now.

I DON'T THINK THERE IS SUCH A THING AS BENCH RIDERS JUST STARTERS AND ROLE PLAYERS LIKE PT #30 SAID YOU HAVE TO REALIZE SOME OF US CAN'T PLAY 6 TO 8 GAMES IN 90 DEGREE WEATHER AND THERE ARE TIMES WHEN A STARTER CAN'T BE THERE I THINK IT MAKES THE STARTER WORK HARDER WHEN HE KNOWS THAT THERE IS SOMEONE THAT CAN REPLACE HIM ON THE FIELD.

ESQ#23 were u with the Biloxi Braves? I thought we beat you all. Anyway, 502 will be in Cincy next week and Indy 2 weeks after that. See ya around. Who u running with this year?