BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Team hopper...why?

Why do playas leave teams only to return to that team later....I guess after they see the grass isn't as green.....but do they have to talk about the teams they departed?????1

Re: Team hopper...why?

There are a few reasons why playas jump ship..$$$,thinking it's better on a new Team,no loyalty,lack of sponsorship,losing weekend and week out,out grow your Teammates,etc..

As individuals we all have to do what we think is best for US,but in the end,can you live with your decisions?Then it's up to your former Team to take you back or keep steppin...

Sometimes you have to do what is best for you. As everybody knows that have been around this circuit for a while, alot of these teams are buddy buddy and family teams and it don't matter how good you are, you aren't going to play before that buddy or family member. Now some teams are good, but alot of them aren't because of this mentality. I've seen some teams invite people to come play, have practice and people who already are on the team don't show til gametime and when the lineup is made, the person or person's that haven't been to practice start over the ones that been to practice. That's crazy. You don't even have no type of competition at that position. We can talk about being loyal and all this other stuff, but that's not being loyal or respecting that player that you allowed on the team. You seen them play before...and I know u just don't let somebody clean off the streets that you haven't seen before. As far as leaving a team and going right back and while you are gone, dog your former team out, that's messy. Leave whatever happened alone. Now take a look at the successful teams, they put the best on the field at that position. Not my cousin or homeboy because that's family.

I think that the main reason people leave teams is because the lack of success the team has, but there are some people who leave because ego reasons, the money the new team may have, or just the feeling that they are above the level of play that the team has or is playing in, chasing the money is each persons right, but you often find that selling out your boys is not worth it in the long run, and also that the reason for the lack of success may have been you the whole time, because your heart and loyalty wasnt with the growth and developement of your team wasnt where it should have been

Cant knock a player that has the talents or skills that other teams are drawn to, if you can get paid or get into a better situation for your self than good luck to you, I wouldnt leave my team to play with another team at the same level or division that my former team is playing in, but like someone said before, the grass is not always greener, and then again it could be greener on the surface but deep down might be full of dog s#!t, and it is a humbling experience to have to go back to the team that you abandoned and ask to be part of them again, and it takes bigger people to accept you back on the squad, to be truthful all players should be looking to move on to the next level as their talents progress, if his or her team is not willing to do so that is, softball is boring when it becomes too easy to win, or your team cant compete, a new challenge is what it is all about..

having to sit and watch while someone who is garbage gets your playing time because of their past accomplishment with the team

Some people have to remember that every team can't win but you can build a team around good playas.....I think playing with a successful team and winning is the root of all evils because if you are not winning then everyone begin to argue and fight but when the winning is plentiful....the camp is straight....you can look at some of the team on circuit and see what I mean!!!!!1

I think i have the real answer to #15 question. The reason my Bro left is because he wasnt happy. The reason he originally came to the team was because we love to play together. We both know when he came to our team he never once said anything negative about the Blazers. I know personally that if anything negative was said about our team to the Blazers it wasnt about you. He had some things he didnt like so he went back to the team he was having fun playing with. Any man who is paying to play and not having fun would do the same thing. The reason they took him back was because he left them the right way. He told them what was going on and the were cool with it. We really need to worry about the negativity within the team then maybe we will start winning some tournaments!!!! We live as a team, we win as a team feel me.

'softball guy' loooooves to be wanted!__ follow me using the self-hatred analogy...

We all have that ubiquitous alter-ego, and physic doppleganger...goes back to the separation of our people...of course 'back in the day' was the 'house negro' and 'field negro' phenomenon. In more modern times, the great 'northern migration' is an example, the 'northern negro' vs. the 'southern negro'....now we are dealing with the middle class/suburbia Black vs. the poor Black/inner city Black.... it's kinda like yo' girl friend, it always sounds sweeter from another girlor vise-versa.....ya' know, the grass ain't always 'greenest' on the other side.

In otherwords it's part of our culture, we are trained 'NOT' to like what we create....it's always better somewhere else...split up and join forces with the superior, boss man, charley, etc.

We just looooove to be wanted! that's called self-hatred!...and that's to bad.

ebonically brilliant and provocative_______________

super d(motordetroit)

Is there any loyalty left in this game? Players switching teams in the middle of the season. Can any good come from that? Can the new players be counted on to stay when the going gets rough? Do what makes you happy yes…. But do you do it if it hurts people that you have pledged loyalty to?

Question, how do you show loyalty to team where there is no loyalty to begin with. A team of individuals. A team that would rather put down a fellow player instead of picking him up?? What do you do??????

Simple...move on

Or I say talk to your team....call a team meeting because loyalty is what I'm big on and I'm a loyal person until someone show that they are disloyal....Everybody on a team ain't going to mesh so I say this as long as each person do there job to the best of there ability then the wins will come....The problem with most playas is that the y are fickle...they just move with the wind.....if you are winning then people will find every excuse to come up with to move on.....Not having fun...come on you are a grown man create your own fun....Loyalty is what you make it.....but you will not hear about loyalty if the team wins every GAME!!!!!1

I'll leave you with this, one person does not make or break a team. Yes I say it is wrong if you leave a team just because they are not winning at the moment. But like you said we are grown make your own fun. Maybe by changing teams that is what the individual did "made his own fun". In softball you lose players and you gain players it happens. What can you really do about it but move on.

true but in order for a team to win you will take some bumps and bruises along the way.....if you think about it how can you be a part of a team and not want to socialize...i have no problem with a person leaving a team but just don't make it be as though it was the other team fault because you didn't have fun....i really don't hang with my team mates but the times I hang with certain ones the arms was welcoming (SES)....All I say is good luck.... I don't have any hard feelings and I don't regret being ya'll friend because genuine people are hard to find!!!!!1

I see where your coming from #15 i just didnt want you to think it was anything personal towards you. Maybe his heart was with the other team the whole time. Don't know. Lets just keep doing what we do on the field. Its still early in the season and we still have a solid team. We all get on the same page and i don't think not winning will be a concern for us.