BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Way back Wednesday!!

now that you are grown is there something from your childhood or teenage years we wish we could go back to or have back, and Esq#23 we know you were at the Last Supper, so try and choose something we can all remember!!

I would want to bring back penny candy!! i used have a quarter ad come back from the corner store with a bag full of candy to eat at Sunday School!!

Re: Way back Wednesday!!

Hide and go get.... Just joking!!!!

Wade you know you ain't joking!! did you play ding dong ditch too??

Never heard of ding dong ditch...please explain that one Ms Prez, sounds interesting!!! And probably majority people on this board played Hide and go get.....lol

Sitting on the porch playing the dozens!!!

Catching lightning bugs in a jar or your hand.

Wade, you a freak!
Ms. Dat...I like the idea of penny candy as well, along with frozen cups, and bottled drinks (the real glass not plastic). But, I would also bring back, me and my sisters going outside with our swimsuits on to play in the rain It was either the rain or the water hose, and you know we did that when momma was at work. We just knew we were swimming. That was the closest we got to a pool in Tuskegee, da^n we were poor.

Oh yeah, I grew up around the white kids!! Ding dong ditch was when we would ring folks doorbells and run!

Hey NB#21, I know about trying to get as close to a pool as possible, we used to make our own slip n slide with some garbage bags and a waterhose, and hold it down with some big rocks..you better slide just right or them rocks would get ya!!

Wait a minute, N.B #21, u from Tuskegee?????? Would you bring the Chicken Coop to Atl???? lol the 3 wing special???? c/o 02....

I hope the grass was cut with those garbage bags!!!

Girl, my teenage figure!!! But I guess all of that penny candy finally caught up with me.

I feel you Jackie, penny candy and them Mexico Lindo and La Tapatia tacos!! you know they used to only be 50 cents!! Y'all gotta be from WI like me and JAckie to know about that!!

OOH, WHY DID YOU BRING THEM UP? THOSE TACOS WERE THE BOMB!! DO YOU THINK I COULD STILL GET SOME WHEN I MAKE MY WAY UP THERE FOR THE UMPIRES IN JUNE?

I remember when gas was $.79 a gallon...boy I sure miss those days. That was back when I was driving the GREAT1 (72 Volswagen Beetle). $5 use to go a long way back then.

Wade...u remember the GREAT1 don't u?

MS.DAT....

HI ARE YOU DOING THIS MORNING I HOPE BETTER THAN 2ND SHIFT GIRL WE HAD A HATER ON THERE LAST NIGHT BUT YOU KNOW ALL WE DO IS AT MESSY PEOPLE LIKE THAT AND FOR THEM HOPING THEY CAN GET OVER THERE SELF.....

NASHVILLE FINEST #21
DASHA

MacTown, was that when the trunk was in the front and the motor in the back!!

I remember it Mactown sista! I remember seeing you on the side of I-16 one day!

But I feel ya on that gas price and I could ride 2 weeks on $5 (full tank) and I could be all over Macon everyday in my Geo Metro!

You handled it though Nashville Finest. I wish we could go back to no HATERS on the board!! Even PT#30 Mr. Church mouse had something to add. SHAKE EM OFF

Yes Ms Dat and the battery was under the backseat.

Yeah Tasha...The GREAT1 use to put me down just about all the time and could often be seen on the side of I-75, I-16, Gray Hwy, Mercer University, etc...

Watch it Wade!!! What you know about the Chicken Coop? I believe that's why I had to get my arteries unclogged, all that chicken coop grease.That was the best soul food in town Man, that was also the whino hang out. You never walked in there without being harassed.

I miss my high school basketball season, especially when it came to playing some of our big rivals...Southwest and Baldwin County. One thing I dreaded though was running daily 8's in practice...but at least we were in good shape. I wish I was in that kind of shape today.

you are right about that Dap. Coach ran us to death but we were in some serious shape!

Yeah, I remember the Great1 Mac-town Sista. Hummmm it was funny to see you in that Beetle...but Beetles were the junk back then. Do you know how much bass those things could hold...hummmm and Mac-town #8 that Geo Metro seen every club in the Mac and it was lime green I think....It was a light green and stood out...no creeping for you! station wagon!!!! Oh, to Ms DAT and OK the candy didn't catch up, ya'll got old and lazy!!!! and developed donks in the trunk!!!! Luke dancers!!!

whatever Wade, you must have drank alot of coffee as a child, because my Ma Dear used to tell me i couldn't try her coffee cause it would stunt my growth. I just snuck a sip, you you must have been drinking it errday!!

NB #21....

HEY HI ARE YOU DOING......

I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU LAST NIGHT BUT YOU LOG OFF......

NASHVILLE FINEST #21
DASHA

WADEY WADE.....

MY DANCING PARTNER WHERE YOU BEEN?

I hear ya Wade and yes it was green but when I ain't paying for it I accept it. And every club it hit, you were right there in it with me!

Man I miss the music. I like the new stuff, but man that was some real music back in the day.

NF#21...I tried to wait it out but I couldn't keep my eyes open. I knew you were going to let "Mr. Know All" have it. Man, I would have exploded like that too.

MS.DAT....

HIT MY BOX

I remember watching the Jubebox Channel waiting for people to call in my favorite video(s) so I can stand in front of the tv and dance. I knew the entire 2 Legit 2 Quit routine . Oh and 3-5-7 get loose! Of course I wanna rock, I wanna rock, I wanna rock...and just about anything from Luke I could get down too. Now that I think about it, all that dancing was another contributing factor to staying in shape. Maybe I should go dancing....hmmmmm

Find them a way back song on this "WAY BACK WEDNESDAY"......

NASHVILLE FINEST #21
DASHA

911 I feel you man, music just ain't what it used to be. I like the new stuff too but give me some old school rap, R&B anyday of the week. Ms Dat, the rocks you might land on were the least of your worries, you were facing double jeopardy playing in grass that you couldn't see over and risking drowning in a 1/4 in of water. What kind of bag was it? My bad I know the answer all ready, it was a glad sandwich bag!!! Lil sis like you always tell me don't start none won't be none!!!Luve U

Good morning board! Ms. Dat I like this subject it allows for time to reflect when we had no cares in the world. If you go to school make A's and B's you had it made. I liked playing playhouse and using pine straw to build the walls. Ten cent cokes were great then!!

Ms. Dat I also liked when only one person in the neighborhood had to cook dinner each day and everybody else just ate at that person's house.

Mac-Town Sista, did you have the free number to call The Jukebox...well, I had that number and I hit those Luke video's all the time. My uncle use to love him some Luke!

ESQ#23... Get up off my Prez...She may be short in statue but she has a big girl

NB#21 I will give you that she has a huge heart and that why I mess with her. Ms Dat how did you get a heart that big inside of a muster seed?

Short in Statue ain't the word!!! She just knee high to a duck! And like ESQ#23 said, she use to slip n slidin on glad sandwich bags!

Girls with flat stomach and no stretch marks Ha! Ha!

Ghost, I fill you on that....What they call it now, "Love handles" I'm going to be good...

Cut it out Ghost...

HEY EVERYONE

MS DAT I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH 911, I REALLY MISS ALL OF THE OLD SKOOL MUSIC:

READY FOR THE WORLD
SOUL FOR REAL
THE FUGEES/LAUREN HILL
TROOP
ATLANTA STARR
GUY
NWA
DEBARGE
PRINCE
ETC...

MAN I WOULD TAKE OLD SKOOL MUSIC OVER SOME THIS NEW STUFF ANYDAY

Davida #7(Ga Mixx)/#(WWB)aka SECURITY #7//MS VIDA VI

Hi Davida, how are you? Are you coming to Bham this weekend?

I have a few things:

Playing jax
Chinese Jump rope
Double Dutch
Bollo Bats
Break Dancing on Card board boxes in the driveway
Jerry Curls( Super old but some people still wear them)

just to name a few!!!!

HEY MAMA
HOW ARE YOU TODAY??? I WILL DEFINITELY BE THERE

WHATEVER WADE #2, NEVER OLD AND LAZY, STAY TOO BUSY FOR THAT!! AND MAC-TOWN SISTA I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THE JUKEBOX CHANNEL AND YOU RIGHT THAT DANCIN DID KEEP OUR SHAPES RIGHT. MAYBE WE NEED TO MAKE A WORKOUT DVD LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

Mac town sista... I had a 75 volkswagon with a rolls royce front charcoal....All I want from my past is for all the parents and adults to participate in there kids lives.....this is before crack.... we could have done without that drug.....When all the factories was open and everybody had a job.....I wish we could go back to the good ole economy days....you can't play any games without that....streets are to unsafe...drugs are taking over!!!!!1 thats real

y'all got jokes!! BUt youu'll NEVER find anybody with a bigger heart than Ms. DAt!! y'all are right about the music though, although some of them songs were LONG!! And GHost I will just wait til i see you face to face, I can't say want i want to you in this message!! some otehr things i miss..

leaving the back door open, cause I was always losing my house key-nobody ever broke in
swatch watches
Saturday morning cartoons
jelly bracelets
writing a letter-"do you want to go with me, check yes or no"

Ms Dat I feel you about the cartoons. Smurfs and Care Bears were always great to watch. I also miss when kids knew that if they got in trouble at somebody else's house, they got a beat down and then got another one when they got home.

Ms Dat misses the Smurfs too. She is an excellent unemployed actress. I love the way she conveyed that Smurfette character.

Back in the day during the summers we use to be like 50 deep playing hide go seek throughout the neighborhood...and throwing Eggs at peoples house and the infamous NICCA KNOCKING...

OK YOU 2 NEED TO CUT IT OUT
MAN I LOVED THE SMURFS, FLINTSTONE, JETSONS HE-MAN/SHE RA, GI JOE ETC...DANG I MISS THEM DARN CARTOONS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH

OK Vida. Some of these cartoons still come on the Carton Network. Don't ask how I know.

GIRL NOW YOU KNOW I KNOW ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAVE DIRECTV...THE BOOM STATION IS WHERE I SEE THE SMURFS, SNORKS,FLINTSTONES, JETSONS, GI JOE ETC

when $2 worth of gas used to actually do something to the tank.

#15...the GREAT1 was teal green with teal green rims to match and tinted windows. My granddaddy use to always say that he could hear me coming as soon as I turned on the street. How were your brakes? It seemed like everyone I met that had a bug had to put on brakes like the flintstones before actually coming to a stop.

Yeah, I miss the days when no one had to worry about losing their jobs too. It's rough out there now.

I would bring back community raising of our youth, because anything that I did wrong somebody grown would always see it and hit the back of that neck, or that a$$, and when I got home momma already knew what went down, and while she was tearing me to pieces all I could think about was how did she find out so quick becuase we didn't have a phone, I guess somebody put a note on the pigeon, but today if you correct someones child than you might get shot

Whats up Ms. Dat?

what up Bigg Dogg, you still at work sleepy? you got mail!!

Vida, I should have known you would already know all the channels. You got mail!!!

Grow up in the city there were no open fields to play softball in. I miss playing ‘High Fly In’ with the big cabbage ball on an old foundation 2 feet off the ground about 20 people deep.

And Family picnics before my aunt died. The mothers seem to keep everyone (the family) together.

ain't that the truth Southern Girl. I miss plaing 500 with the football in the backyard with my brothers...and going fishing with my Ma Dear, i don't remember catching alot, but i remember she used to pack the bomb lunches!!

Oh yeah my mama always packed the bomb lunch. I remember the first time my sister and I flew southwest airlines. Summer ’88’ my mama packed fried chicken, fish, bread, and sandwiches.
I think everyone on the plane were instantly hungry and asked for extra peanuts.

SOUTHERN GIRL YOU NEED TO BRING SOME OF THAT CHICKEN AND FISH WITH YOU THE NEXT TIME WE MIGHT PLAY.

I miss playing kickball, stickball, pom pom, strike'm out, homerun derby, the ice-cream truck, Mrs.Scotts apple and pear tree, twinkies, faygo red pop, summer barbeques, running home when the street lights come on,(yeah so what!:)), Big nate and the boys hang'n on the corner singing the blues, (always look'n out fo' a young brotha'), good-times tv show, The new dance show(local dance show in the D), Electrifying Mojo(local dj back in the day)....man!, I can go on and on wit' the old days!

Nostalgia is a wonderful medicine!

ebonically brilliant and provocative________________

super d(motordetroit)

who remember when you only had to dial 4 digits on the phone to get somebody.....Now that was raw....I can remember all these numbers....Darn!!!!!1

Talk about cartoons how about
johnny socko, ultra man , speed racer, the thunder cats,

super_d (motordetroit) i feel you on that!!!!

rrainy 22'__ ultra man! WOW, no that's old school

How bout', School House Rock....I'm just a bill, yes I'm only a bill, and I'm sitt'n on capital hill.....

How bout', The Super Friends with....The Wonder Twin powers activate! __man! they could never get it right!

Remember this one..... The Land of the Lost!

What about these gems.?...Wally Gator, Minute Mouse, and Tennesse Tuxedo.....these particular cartoons were not shown up north....but when I would spend the summer down South, I recall seeing these gems!

by the way that's something else I miss as a kid__ spending the summers down south__ my grandma had the biggest biggest biggest hill in the back of her house (well it seemed gigantic as a kid )__ man we would play on that hill aallllll day!

ebonically brilliant and provocative_______________

super d(motordetroit)