BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"We also have a Dream"

I was watching CNN and they were showing the immigrant protests and a one person was holding up a sign that stated "We also have a Dream". For some reason, I was disturbed by that. We paid a hell of a price to get what scraps we have now from inhumane slavery to Jim Crowe. Now every group rather it be Hispanics, Asians or even gays want to be covered under that umbrella w/o the sacrifice. Am I selfish here?

Re: "We also have a Dream"

no you bring a valid point, i guess the difference lies in we as a people were forced here, and everyone else here came by choice. Another difference isWe have a dream is associated with Civil Rights, not immigration laws/rights. THe problem these people are fighting is that certain people from many european countries have an easy time immigrating to the this country and but people from other lands are not let in.

502 Boy #45...not at all selfish..in fact I think we should be distorbed by it...only thing is...is that our generations that are coming up don't have a dream...just worried bout the Dollar....equal rights have not yet been acquired...but we have stop fighting...I agree other groups use our struggle...but I ask is our struggle over...

yep YD, I always felt that our biggest enemy today is ourselves. There are not the physical road blocks that tell us where to drink, where to eat, where to live, where to work, etc like back in the day. Once those obvious roadblocks were removed, we got comfy. Now we can for the most part do what our money allows but everybody doesn't have money. Those that have it, are not concerned for the ones that don't.

I don't have a problem with the latinos fighting for what rights they think they are entitled to but leave OUR rights and struggle out of it. At least they can come here and protest. They(Gov't) send the Haitian immigrants straight back to Haiti, do not past go or collect $200. That is my only problem with it.

ou have a point 502, cause if Elian Gonzalez had been Hatian, his story never would hav made it to the news

Bro 502Boy#45 tell it like is and if mr.HC is a round give a word.

'502 Boys #45'

Lets not forget about our Afro Latino, Afro Cuban, South American and Caribbean brothas/and sista's that will benefit from these sort of protest....then too MLK's 'I have a dream' philosophy was not limited strickly to the Black freedom movement, his moral universe was unified with all. (atleast that is what his legacy represents)...right?

However, I understand your frustration__ watching the Latino's boycott around 'amerikkka', makes you wonder why our people continue to be so passive and inept about the problems we face in amerikkka and abroad!

Look no further than what's happening in Africa(Dukfar) 'total genocide'__ as well as the 'Aids Holocaust' of our people, 'total genocide', and we(Blacks in amerikkka) don't careor don't understand!

ebonically brilliant and provocative_______________

super d(motordetroit)

WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE SOMEBODY UP!!!!!!!!

While I agree with what most have said, I do see something good coming out of this movement. When Clinton's administration took the action they did in the Gonzalez case, It effected blacks in a negative way and most of aren't aware of it. It changed the political landscape because the Dems at that point could rely on that demographics votes. They went the way of the Republicans. Now that this bill is republican driven, this will shift the political landscape right back to the left(the vast majority of us). An even better question is what are we prepared to do? we can talk about these things as a people, but are we education those that are in need of it? just something to think about on this Tuesday. Like Jump said, "WAKE UP!!!"