BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Best Talent

Which State has the best softball talent? It would be nice to have an end of the year softball tournament after the worlds with players putting together a team for it's home State. Each player must be from that state.

Re: The Best Talent

That is a tough question to answer__ if you look at the Southern regions, which seems to currently have the youngest talent crop of 'softball junkies', I would have to say Atlanta, St.Louis, Alabama, Texas, etc.

In the 80's and 90's I would have definitely said the Detroit area for young Black talent__ simply because of the amount of Black softball players in the Detroit area. But the past years have seen a decline in the talent crop in Detroit due to a variety of reasons....mainly a lack of interest and other arbitrary reasons.

nice question....I'm interested in other responses.

ebonically brilliant and provocative______________

super d(motordetroit)

Georgia, No Doubt!

The talent on the Storm and Prime Time along with the Donaldson Bros, Squirrel, Head, and some other would make them hard to beat.

I WILL AGREE I'M FROM FLA BUT I PLAY WITH THE USSSA REC WORLD CHAMPS GA. BLAZERS GA HAVE ALOT OF TALENT.

Don't forget about the North Carolina Teams it would be very interesting.

Atlanta Georgia. We've proved it!! Storm has a few players that are not from Atlanta, but the majority of the players are from Georgia.

Super D,
I would have to disagree with you when you say Detroit teams ran the BASA in the 80's and 90's. I would have to say the teams from St. Louis (Supreme and Explosion) ran the BASA during those years.
I'm not sure how long you have been around but you need to check your hstory. I think you are just saying that because you are from Detroit.

'Tank 11', the question was most talented...right?

Who 'ran' things, as you say, is another topic.

Nevertheless, that's just my observation!

ebonically brilliant and provocative______________

super d(motordetroit)

IT SEEMS EVERYONE HAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT ALL THE TALENT IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. I AM PRETTY SURE WE CAN HOLD OUR OWN WITH ANY STATE. WE HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO REALLY GET AND KEEP ALL THE TALENT TOGETHER FOR MANY REASONS, BUT DONT SLEEP BECAUSE THEM FLORIDA BOYS DONT PLAY!

MO SMITH #2
NEW IMAGE SOLDIER FOR LIFE

U can have all the talent in the world. Can U put it together, compete, and be consistant. That's what softball is all about?????? Fact or Fiction??... Cant hit....Cant Win...Defense wins championships..???

I'm from the south...we have, without a dout, the best overall talent...but can anyone besides Storm on a consistant basis. The Midwest got the GAME on Lock right now....but those teams that REP THA LOU are some talented set of bros...SOUTHERN Teams...needs to learn more about THE FIVE MAN DEFENSE..They don't play it as much...