BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
will the rec division eventually become unmanagable at the World?

It doesn't seem fair for rec teams to have to play so many games to get to the money when other divisions don't. I know a team last year in the competitive division that won two games on saturday by forfeit and was in the money for a top 4 finish.

Super rec is still new and the kinks are not quite knocked out yet. It should help but the BASA is still too bottom heavy.

What are the plans?

Re: will the rec division eventually become unmanagable at the World?

That is easy. Some you guys need to stop sandbagging. That is not a BASA problem, some of you guys need to stop being scared and step up.

Move up and help balance rec and super-rec.

who is going to move up if they don't have to. What's the difference between rec and super? TWO homeruns? What's the criteria?

Good point!

You answered your own question. If they don't want to move up, then they should have to play that number of games to win the money.

502,derrty it's not a diss statement.All i'm saying is if you're tripping off about all tha teams in rec and you know super-rec is new than yeah what's tha difference between 3hr's and 5.I've seen teams in rec hitting 3 or 5 over there limit.Rec will always have tha numbers,it's been that way since tha beginning of BASA..

While teams like the GA Dawgs, who have a team full of Super Rec players, are allowed to stay in rec, there will be a surplus of teams. That's just one example, but their whole team were on a super rec or competitive team. There are others. Sandbagging adds the teams.

hey what's neal. you are always going to have sandbagging teams in the rec and wolf you are right.
rec= d and e players
s rec= b and c players
coomp= a,b and major players

rec= 1 homerun
super rec= 5
comp= 10
if you lower the rec homeruns then that might have solve the problems from teams sandbagging and give the real rec team a chance to win something.

so now we know the standars should be. How do you enforce it?

I remember when rec was one Hr hitter but he could hit all he wanted and competitve was 4 hr hitters. When they changed to whoever hit em first and you could hit "x" amount, that is when teams started falling back out of competitive and playing rec.

First of all Reporter. This is Neal and I'm #4 on the 502BOYZ and I thing the BASA is doing a great job.And each year They are following the rules that they have enforce.So we just Got to wait until we are the other Rec teams Shine and get move up to the next level.

sorry bout that neal. im not saying the basa is not doing a good job all im saying is sooner or later you have to take a look at teams sandbagging and come up with a solution the help keep teams in the right division. basa is doing a great job, but the question was brought up from your teammate.

My ? is if the Basa family feel that teams are sandbagging.Then they need to call the director are look at the teams that they feel are doing this.And call them out. But the rules say you don't need to move up until you win a division.But the BASA move the top (30)Teams from the world in Columbus,OH from rec To start the S-Rec div for it could be balance out.It's up to them to keep things in order not us as player and fans.

IF YOU ALL THINK TEAMS ARE PLAYING DOWN THEN NAME THEM, AND PLAYER 5, DONT HIDE BEHIND YOUR WORDS, MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN, ITS FUNNY A TEAM HAVE A LITTLE SUCCESS AND EVERYONE START TALKING ABOUT PLAYING DOWN, THE DAWGS HAVE WON TWO LITTLE TOURNAMENT IN TWO YEARS, NOW PEOPLE TALK WE ARE PLAYING DOWN, LET US HAVE OUR YEAR, WE ARE GOING UP NEXT YEAR, BUT UNTIL THEN LEAVE US ALONE AND LET US PLAY WHERE WE AT.

My opinion is this. Its softball. There is no way that any type of problem one has with how the BASA is ran is going to change over night. Rec, Super Rec and Competitive is ok the way it is. If anything needs to be done is going back to just two divisions. I watched some of the Super Rec teams this past weekend and some of the Rec and I could see some of the rec teams beating some of the Super Rec. If people are sandbagging then what actions can really be taken? BASA can force them to move up but guess what, they are going to leave the circuit and go play somewhere else where they can play the division they want. Keep playing and in the off season, stack your team up and come back stronger then ever the next year.

It should be the same for the women. BASA it looks like is just now beginning to get more women's teams and most of the these come in as rec. You are not going to have very many womens team who jump out there to play comp. As stated before give them a chance to play together and learn to click as a team. The person from the Ga Dawgs said it right, you have good one or two good tournaments then its move up, move up. You arent making Class Act or Storm move up and they always have a good showing in any BASA tourney so why you trying to do it to the women?

Just play ball and play hard and who ever is better that day will come out on top! Regardless of division or class or how many hr's they get. I put my pants on one leg at a time just like anybody else.

What up T LOVE(GA DAWG)#22 Good weekend, man if everybody would stop hating on other teams cause they are winning, everything would be ok. The teams who are doing all the talking about moving you 30 teams are teams who never win. I know BASA didnt move up 30 teams from the world because one. you never seen a tournament with 30 super rec teams. I can name 4 teams off the top of my head that didnt get moved up that year and still playing rec, one team came in 7th place that year.
This just needs to stop, Winning a REC tournament or two does not make you a super rec team.

I saw an earlier post on classifcations and stuff. Does it matter what you play on different circuits or is it just a combination?

quit crying fellas,when the BASA had 1 homerun hitter in rec we cryied about that,then 2 homerun hitters we cryied about that, u NEWJACKS(REC AND SUPER-REC)need to be true to the game and play in the div. that best suits your talent,not where u THINK u have a better chance to win. TUFO(STL CITY HITTERS)

Easy fix. Every two years top four teams in rec and super rec move up after the world automatically. Unless the team is completely disbanned,there should be no exceptions. It would even the field out in alot of ways..

Well it's real hard to cut back on game in the rec div. when you have 120 and teams!!!!!!
now you can take the top 20 teams and move them up and you still will have 100 rec team????
so cutting back on games can only be stop by cutting the numbers of teams basa let in????
But everybody wants to come to the world. so what do you do when you are growing.

hey mr DJ, nobody mentioned your team but you made a direct reference to mine. What's the deal?

The only post referencing the moving of 30 teams was posted by my boy Neal. And you said the only teams that whine are the teams that don't win. Everybody can't win.

BTW DJ, what makes a super rec team? Is it players? Is it success on the field? If the rec wasn't becoming a problem, why would BASA CREATE super rec in the first place? Why would USSSA go to three divisions also?

First of all I just want to tell The BASA is doing a good job in my last message. And DJ we are not Whinning about Nothing at all.And It seem to me That your taking things the wrong way on every post that me #45 put up on the board.First of all we Support all the BASA and the KY!!!!!!!!KY!!!!!!!!! teams.And to the (30) team Move up That did Happen that how the Super Rec got Started if you Recall last year was the first year for S-Rec.And We give your team it's Respect.And Remeber I'm the One trying to bring some unity to the Ky (Derby-City)not Problems!!!!!!!!!!!So take a step back and read the Message and see I'm giving support to all Ky teams not just My team!!!!! Oh yell we will never Cry or worry about a wins or taking a step back to a team we only use that to styrive to get better.But likeI said Ky will be there at the end.

Me personally, i would love the fact that there was a high number of teams in my division. I now play competitive and believe me, its not exciting going to a tourney where you know who you are going to play week in and week out. Granted, I'm on the outside looking in, but as a rec team you have the opportunity to play against so many different teams throughout the year that unless you are winning or placing in the top 3 in every tourney you may not play the same team twice all year. Can't believe that people are now complaining about the number of teams. Gimme me a break, I'd love to have your problem. We can't even play a BASA tourney because their are not enough teams or if we are allowed to play their are so many teams crying that Tuesday or Wednesday that "if this team shows up we're not coming". Sorry to say as long as teams strong arm the system (BASA) by threatening not to show up to tourneys there will never be balance. I sure wish I was on the Rec side of the fence because its not worth it being on this side.

Ohio fan, your problem would be solved if teams would just do what BASA asked them to do. That goes for Super rec teams dodging competitive and rec teams dodging super rec.

I'm coming from a competitive team for 3 years. I view all perspectives. You can't play many BASA tourneys during the season if you play competitive. If you do, you have to travel 50,000,000 miles to do so for 10 or fewer teams. BASA is trying to even out the field and created a system to move teams up. Teams are bucking the system so the problem is not getting solved. I grew up with BASA competitive from day one. I hate to see it die out.

Why are teams scared to take a a$$ whoopin? Just like Pops said in Friday, "You win some, you lose some but you live to fight another day. You LIVE". Just get better!

502 Boy #45, In theory your right, the problem would be solved if teams did what BASA wanted them to do, however, the problem wouldn't be solved for years & years to come since the BASA is only moving teams up to competitive if they win the Super Rec World, moving one or two teams up a year to division that only has 7 or 8 teams now is not going to solve a thing ever.

However, I digress, rec teams are in a good situation, just show up, play, have a good time and let the chips fall where they may. There are always going to be some teams that are better than others. Again, the main thing to me is you have a enough teams to make it at the least interesting and fun every weekend.

1st off Neal, Me and you need to have a sit down face to face. 2nd the 30 team move up did not happen, name 30 super rec teams please. But here, I would like one of you to tell me who you think should move up from rec to super and from super to comp, PLEASE. And also why they should move up. I'm not tring to cause a beef with you two (cause we better than that), just want to know why all the fuss????????? BASA will get it together, its going to take some time. Know team wants to be placed where they are not winning. BASA really cant force a team to play up if they have not won a world. But we are going to talk about this more in person cause there is more I want to say about it.

OH I forgot, I never said anything about your team, never said your teams name, not once. 502 boy #45, just so you would know.

Hey DJ call me at 502-608-2273 soon as you can.

last thing I say on this subject is I guess BASA will never grow it's super rec and Competitive divisions because according to some, the only ones that can be forced to move up are the two teams that win the world each year in rec and super. At this rate, it will take 50 years to grow those divisions.

Now that might be true

Just get rid of the Homeruns. If you kan hit then it really doesn't matter where you play. And when did the A-B-C-D-E Classes get put in BASA?

(Mini-Me) Out!!!