BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
? for my CHURCH/Basa Family

Do you have a guy on your team(Deerty ent)named Ritchie(white guy), the reason I am asking this is because, while playing in a tournament he and his little team made a few statements that he couldnt give me a answer for so I was hoping that you or the Basa family can answer. My team N.Chi-Ballers, were playing his team and he made the statement after a close play at first, that this is not the Basa now both umps were black, and most of my team is too, but none of his team was, now after that statement I immediately asked him what was meant by that, because I took it a certain way and evedentally so did some of his team mates too because they with the exception of one or two other guys got away from what he said and was like that was wrong, the other statement was, well this is not basketball we cant beat them, so once again I have to know what that meant because they couldnt explain that one either, so somebody tell me what is meant by those two statements, that by the way I felt were racially charged....

Re: ? for my CHURCH/Basa Family

Spell Check ? for Church/ Basa family

If he felt that way and you are saying it was racist, why would Ritchie play BASA. Whe referring to the umps he was just likely saying he felt the umps in BASA were racist.

Last statement was meant to end he felt the umps were subpar in BASA. Also just talked to Richie and he said he said the first statement meaning that because the umps were bad. The second statement was never said so nice try!!

You must be Ritchie.

Ok not sure if that is the case than, when he was asked what was meant by that crap he could have said what the deal was, and the call that the umps made were in his teams favor, so do you or he think the umps dont like blacks? so not sure you are not being real kid, and yes both statements were said and My name is Dennis Davison(North Chicago Ballers)I dont have to lie to anyone on this board about a player or a team or a incident, so if you want to defend a person or a your self than be real, tell the truth, and the question was not directed to Ritchie any more he had his chance to explain at the field during and most of all after the game, that is what real men do

DENNIS I HEARD THE SAME THING YOU HEARD AND WAS JUST AS ****** AS YOU WERE.FOR ALL THAT DONT KNOW I AM WHITE WAS THERE AND HEARD THE BASKETBALL COMMENT.FOR A WHITE GUY THAT SAYS HE PLAYS ON THE CIRCUIT THAT HE DOESNT UNDERSTAND IT IS A PRIVLAGE TO BE AN OTHER TO PLAY BASA MAN THAT SURE WAS A ******* COMMENT TO MAKE.
NO RESPECT THERE AT ALL

DAVID BLACKWELL (NCB 00)

....Yes, he plays with US....but,I will apologize for and as a rep of DERRTY... ...but I can't hold another man accountable for his OWN actions....also when you saw him he wasn't REPPING DERRTY at that time....and once again...sorry

Church you should NOT apologize for this guy and heads up, this is what he really thinks so that should tell you something. He may be playing for the glory of hanging out with Nelly and you guys but to come out and say negative stuff should let you know, his heart and with yall. There arent too many ways to take his statements especially when he makes it loud enough to be heard by all....

CHURCH, I just wanted the Derrty squad to know what type of cat you had on your roster and what he thinks about the Basa and maybe even some of the guys he plays with, and mainly to put the word out on this guy because there is a fine line on making a statement within the game and saying something racial and or personal, he crossed that line and can never get back, he may be able to fix that with Derrty but I doubt he will be respected the same across the board in the Basa, I will say good luck to Derrty for the rest of the season, but how much will you really have with that type of guy representing you...

It's just the sad reality of life in the United States. He was probably just "showing out" for "his" people but he is probably a regular "paul wall" when he is on the BASA circuit. It's not bad, that's the sad reality we live with in this country!

...Big Dogg....I have heard that before...but allow me to say...that once again....he REP his self and he was more likely provoked...you know it takes 2 to tangle....but who was it directed to and what was said.....things are said all the time between the lines, that fans never know about.....because rounding second it's a lot being said.....but that's not the point....but thank for letting US know and the situation will be address....PEACE

Church to answer your post, there was absolutely no provocation for those statements at least not from the Ballers standpoint. I heard the "this ain't the BASA" statement, but in all honesty I didn't here the Basketball statement. We really need to get past all this black circuit, white circuit stuff, because at the end of the day it's just softball.

...it'll blow over...and thanks on the insight"CHURCH"

Church, I will say this and then I will let it ride, what does it take to provoke that type of behavior, nothing was said to his team or him for that matter, we were the only black team out there, the umps were black in that game and most of all the call that sparked any type of response went in their favor, so provoked by who, the other two guys on his team talking smack, even the rest of his guys knew that was uncalled for and even said so, but hey that is your guy, and like it or not Derrty is probably one of three teams that is the new face of the Basa because of the Celebrity appeal you guys have and like it or not when he is in the Derrty squads uniform no one will be able to tell the difference about who he may be representing, but you are right about one thing, we as adults do represent our selves and our families, but the teams and leagues we play in are in a small way an extension of our families as well...

Did you forget NCB when your player deliberately stepped on the foot of the 1st basemen and laughed about it. And b4 u say "who r u" I was a fan in the stands, and a black fan who heard what was said and it is being blown out of proportion.

Forgotten, almost all right handed batters run on the inside of the lines when trying to beat out a play unless it is a clean single, especially with no safty bag, so to say that Al#55 tried to hurt the guy is crazy, and for the pitcher to respond aggressively made him response back the same way, but not once did he attack that mans race or organization, so you can say what you in defense of that dude but we all know the real deal on him

YOu know everyone can say what they want but the fact remains is this................One time is a mistake....2 times is for real.......I let my bros in Ak here know about this and both Black and White they said the message sent was $$%%^% up.
You see here we don't have no luxury to be majority we are the minority in every single way and we don't hear that kind of thing here and I tell you we don't look forward to hearing that kind of stuff there. If you say something that can be offensive you need to clarify yourself. And leave it like that. If something happens on the field you keep it on the field. You don't add personal stuff or anything that can be percieved to be personal.
Big Dogg from NCB is one of the most laid back people you will ever meet. When he was up here playing with a variety of ethnic groups he saw things that maybe would be frown on by some but he never made an issue because he KNEW when something was meant in a negative or positive way.
Everybody probably wants to keep the peace but the reality is he does what some of our own do when its the other way around and we are the majority. That being said that should be addressed, that should be clarified and should be apologized.
And further more I have never played in the BASA but I do know that TEAM DERRTY is a Flagship of the BASA. Godfather,Class Act,Storm, Primetime, etc. may be the champs but Derrty and people like Mr. Church and Wolf are ambassadors of the game and for a person to allow his hidden feelings to come up like that, is a slap in the face to the people he plays with on "OUR CIRCUIT" should not be tolerated. I don't live in the real world so I don't see this everyday.....BUT because of where I am from, if I did hear that than I guess I would have to show my color in a negative way. That man is on the payroll. And what he represents represent the team he plays for. People get fired and displaced everyday for BS statements that are not clarified. If I am the only ignorant person on my team or company and my company or team is in the spotlight than my company will be percieved as ignorant. No excuses. If he did say that than you know what.......He needs to say it again on THE Circuit and then we will see what happens. He might squeeze his but bow his head and walk on and off the field. AND IF YOU CAN'T POST YOUR NAME DON'T POST AT ALL CAUSE YOU STIRRING A POT THAT YOU CAN'T SPEAK FOR.

And one other thing...Forgotten with your bland attitude, 2 more people like you could bring back slavery.........And 2 if its all just softball, then shaved bats, shooting middle, cash money, and glory would not be a priority. Anything that is said that has nothing to do with the fundamental game of softball makes it bigger than what it has to be. When I come down I am going to make 2 videos. One of people like Ms.Dat, Church, Wolf,etc; The spirit, showmanship, and good will of people enjoying and loving the game....The other of (Ritchie)....The suppressed ugliness in us all. Entitled: Softball in America: The Good and Ugly in our Society.

Big Dog, thanks for posting what happened. We all know the incident at first base was an accident. The ump was right there on top of the bag and said it was a clean play. His foot was in the middle of the bag, where else was there for me to step, no orange bag. As far as the other nonsense, we all heard it and he knows what he said. It'll be a day real soon when he'll be out of his element and somebody will say something inappropriate to him. Then he can see how it feels.

IT WILL NEVER BE OVER!!IT HAS'NT BEEN OVER FOR A 100 YEARS AND ALL OF THE SUDDEN IN PEVELY,MO IT IS GOING TO STOP I DONT THINK SO.I DATED A WOMEN OF THE OTHER RACE FOR SEVEN YEARS UNTIL SHE COULD NOT TAKE THE BULLCRAP ANYMORE SO IT WILL NEVER STOP.FOR THAT GUY THAT SAID THAT HE MEANT WHAT HE SAID IT CAME FROM THE HEART OR HE WOULD HAVE KEPT HIS MOUTH SHUT.I WILL TELL YOU HE HAS ALREADY TALKED WITH DERRTY TRYING TO MAKE RIGHT WHAT HE MADE WRONG.DERRTY YOU GUYS HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT ON YOUR OWN BECAUSE AS LONG AS HE PLAYS WITH YOU YOU LOOK BAD.I HAVE SAID THIS ALREADY YOU DONT PLAY ON THE CIRCUIT CAUSE OF SOFTBALL BUT FOR THE FELLAS YOU LOVE AND GO TO WAR WITH EVERY WEEKEND.REMEMBER BASA IS ABOUT FAMILY NOT BLACK OR WHITE,GETTO OR WHITE PICKET FENCE,BUT ABOUT BEING A FAMILY WITH THAT GROUP OF GUYS THAT YOU LOVE.DENNIS TO LET YOU KNOW I WILL GO TO WAR WITH YOU OR ANY OF THE NORTH CHICAGO BALLERS FOR THE LOVE YOU GUYS HAVE GIVEN ME IN SUCH A SHORT TIME.BOTTOM LINE TO LET NCB KNOW THAT **** WONT COME OUT OF MY MOUTH TO MAKE YOU OR ME LOOK BAD.TO THE GUY THAT SAID ALL THAT STUFF I WAS THE WHITE GUY PLAYING 2ND BASE.LATER

DAVID BLACKWELL(NCB00)

yeah what Dave Blackwell said.