BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A! Is MONEY the ROOT 2 ALL EVIL!!??

.... go ahead SPEAK on it....after ALL it is YOUR OPINION....."CHURCH"

Re: A! Is MONEY the ROOT 2 ALL EVIL!!??

In softball it is. I've seen it destroy teams and also disort players' perception of oneself.

On a serious note, money is not all bad by itself. the equations is as follows:
lack of morals + money = evil

MO MONEY, MO PROBLEMS....

Yes, it's the root to all evil. Just look at society itself. For instance, look at how we as blacks raise our kids now. When kids are having behavior problems, what we do now, give them Ritlen. Ummm, now some us know, act up if you want and that a$$ was grass when you got home or the principal got you with the paddle in the office. Now it's child abuse. So, they take your child and who pays for them...More money out tax payer's pocket to house them....Look at oil, and do I need to get into that... yes...every intellegient person knows what the war is about. There is so much greed in society it don't make sense. And why, all for the green! Do I need to specify????? Something to think about as a race. Yeah, money will divide people and make u hate one another....

.....I feel it is the root 2 all evil....and hate 2 say it but EVIL moves the world...... ...hold on before jump all over this......Money,can bring you happiness and it can bring you GRIEF..... ...it divides FAMILIES,RELATIONSHIPS,TEAMS,FRIENDS,etc...and those are Bad points....now what's the good points...there is none.....It ALL depends on the PERSON!!...REAL TALK...

I can't remember who the man is for some big corporation but I just heard on the news the other day that he got a 400 million dollar retirement package and a company vehicle. What kind of $#!T is that? YES.... It's the root to all evil. With all the robberies in tha Lou he'd be a candidate fa sho.

...WADE and others good points....and ,The gas war...Great point,but another evil but you hear less about.....The GOV. CREDIT REPORT.....is TOTALLY RUIN!!....but still can get a $700,000 dollar jet....and I'm not talking one .....how can and when will the madness stop....trillion dollar debt ...now that's evil and WHO RUNS they're CREDIT REPORT....HMMMMMMMMMM.....but let you go out and try and get something..... WON'T happen....pay up.......see that's down right evil.... ....just some things that makes you say HMMMMMMMMMMMMM......"CHURCH" ...I'm a need the GOV to make monthly installments of 10% of the GOV DEBT.....DON'T buy nothing else until you're caught up and Bring HOME the TROOPS...it's been tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LONG....and still no changes......just EVIL

ALWAYS HAVE BEEN,ALWAYS WILL BE AND DINSUM

....HMMMMM..And WHERE have you been!!!???? DINSUM..... being trying 2 get you ALL WEEK

well I ain't never known money to do evil....it's just people with the money...it's the people who envy, it's the people whom are greedy...money is used for the erryday hustle and bussel of society...so if you don't want yo evil money...please send it here...money don't do it to folks...people do it... so if yall don't want evil in yo life please send it to me...in fact i'll come to Nashville to get it... ...YD#2

CHURCH,MAN I'VE BEEN WIDE OPEN BRA'.I TALKED TO HC,HE INFORMED ME WITH THAT IN4.THANKS.

correction....i don't want evil just the money that folks feel is evil...YD#2

YD I FEEL U PIMPIN'

Hey Church you should know that.
thirty peices got JESUS put on the cross??????
You make the call.

.....DINSUM....Thanks for responding...."CHURCH".....

...RRAINEY#22 so true

can and has destroyed so many families it's not even funny. When we stop letting it be the base of our family pyramid, then of course we will be better off. I have seen it divide too many families, especially following the death of a loved one.

Like my cat YD#2 said...it's the people

Tony C...what's up wit cha...wherr yall playin dis weekend?

USA Today article on Black Spending

Next time you see that 'player of the year 'flawsin' in that 2006 Chrysler 300 sittin' on 23's while he's pulling it into a parking stall of a rented apartment hand him this article.

USA Today article on Black Spending Habits:

These are tough economic times, especially for African-Americans, for whom the unemployment rate is more than 10%. Alarmingly, rather than belt-tightening, the response has been to spend more. In many poor neighborhoods, one is likely to notice satellite dishes and expensive new cars.

According to Target Market, a company that tracks black consumer spending, blacks spends a significant amount of their income on depreciable products.

In 2002, the year the economy nose-dived; we spent $22.9 billion ($22,900,000,000.00) on clothes, $3.2 billion ($3,000,000,000.00) on electronics and $11.6 billion ($11,000,000,000.00) on furniture to put into homes that, in many cases, were rented.

Among our favorite purchases are cars and liquor. Blacks make up only 12% of the US population, yet account for 30% of the country's Scotch consumption. Detroit , which is 80% black, is the world's No.1 market for Cognac (Pass The Co---------).

So impressed was Lincoln with the $46.7 billion ($46,000,000,000) that blacks spent on cars that the automaker commissioned Sean "P.Diddy" Combs, the entertainment and fashion mogul, to design a limited-edition Navigator replete with six plasma screens, three DVD players and a Sony Play Station 2.

The only area where blacks seem to be cutting back on spending is books; total purchases have gone from a high of $356 million in 2000 to $303 million in 2002. This shortsighted behavior, motivated by a desire for instant gratification and social acceptance, comes at the expense of our future.

The National Urban League's "State of Black America 2004" report found that fewer than 50% of black families owned their homes compared with more than 70% of whites.

According to published reports, the Ariel Mutual Funds/Charles Schwab 2003 Black Investor Survey found that when comparing households where blacks and whites had roughly the same household incomes, whites saved nearly 20% more each month for retirement, and 30% of African-Americans earning $100,000 a year had less than $5,000 in retirement savings. While 79% of whites invest in the stock market, only 61% of African-Americans do.

Certainly, higher rates of unemployment, income disparity and credit discrimination are financial impediments to the economic vitality of blacks, but so are our consumer tastes.

By finding the courage to change our spending habits, we might be surprised at how far the $631 billion ($631,000,000,000.00) we now earn take us.

We all send thousands of jokes through e-mail without a second thought, but when it comes to sending messages regarding life affirming choices, people think twice about sharing.

So please pass this on.

Knowledge is power.!!

We'll be at Duke Saturday morning.

Ms. Dat, now that's an article worth passing on But I know some people that just don't care, you know the saying "You only live once and you can't take it with you." I'm trying to break my wife from that now.

...REAL TALK Ms. DAT and nice input TONY C......you right some just don't care....and don't forget about....the Flawless DRIVER that parks in the PARENTS drive way

MONEY WILL GET YOU IN AND MONEY TAKE YOU OUT!!! THAT'S ON THE REAL.
"THE STEADY"

Good info. Ms. Dat...I'm not by these findings at all. We are a flashy group of people, and we wonder why the white folks are able to retire comfortably and have wealth to pass on to the next generation.

Ms. Dat that is an excellent article. Church, it is the love of money that's the ROOT to all EVIL. What some people won't do for money.

Hey Momma!! And Amen to that.....

What up Lil sis you just through.

Money is not evil if it is used to build wealth in the community! How can money become evil?

'peep dis'........

The capitalistic corporate market plutocrates who run these billion dollar empires and feed on the 'average joes' hedonism' thru pervasive market driven commodifications and comercializaton__ all in the name of power and control over a people! THAT'S WHY MONEY IS EVIL! (and we Blacks feed right into the white supremacy bull****!)exuse ma' disgression

Cornell West explains market pleasure......
" THIS MARKET MORALITY STIGMATIZES OTHERS AS OBJECTS FOR PERSONAL PLEASURES OR BODILY STIMULATION"

dig it! now that's deep!

Anyhow...Post modern cultures is more and more a market culture dominated by gangster mentalities and self destructive imoral lewdness.

In the land of 'good ole amerikkkana greed' we Blacks fortuitously find ourself holding to an empty quest for pleasure,property, and power thru market driven wants and needs, all in the name of obtaining the symbolical, piece of the 'amerikkkana pie', where fish don't burn on the grill!-- go-figure!

As a people our interest become constructed by the influence of imperialistic mephistopheles who's only desire is to shake our hard earned dollar out of our pockets so that they can control the world........

Thus we become preoccupied and posessed with "gett'n over" or 'gett'n paid' by any means necessary! Not quite what Brotha Malcolm' had in mind when he stated those brilliant words!

To 'Church' and others.....Beware of the orgiastic pleasures of the market influence and money will soon become yo' friend(our friend) where we can invest into our communities and the mass will greatly benefit from the good givings of a vertical wealth system that our villages so disperately need....just as our great Afrikan Ancestors did in Great Ancient Afrikan Civilizations!

ebonically brilliant and provocative_______________

super d(motordetroit)

....Nice input MOMMA, ,NB#21,and of course Mr. Dictionary "SUPER D"....I'm looking up some words NOW Thanks for your input

I agree with YD#2, it's not the money, it's the people. Money is only paper and we use it for various reasons so how can it be evil? I would also like to add that if you feel that you have some evil money I will be happy to take it off your hands as well.

Ms. Dat, thanks for passing along that article. I've seen articles like that before and that's why it doesn't surprise me, after all it's all around us. I don't understand why we as a people feel the need to throw away money on many things that depreciate in value and won't invest in ourselves. To add to this disturbing behavior is the fact that not only are we doing it but it is being passed on to our children as well. This doesn't have to be folks! It's time to wake up and take meaningful action so that we too can leave an inheritance for our children. In the bible it states that a good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children. How can we leave them an inheritance if we don't have anything stored up. Nobody wants a bunch of debt that you have accrued during your lifetime. Life on earth is too short so make the most of it so that your loved ones will have something good to remember you by.

Another thing, it's time to stop blaming others for the mess we have gotten ourselves into. Become a reader. Readers become Leaders. Invest in a good book thats worthwhile reading...something that will add value to you and when you're done read another one. Change has got to take place and there is no time like the present. Knowledge is power and a mind is truly a terrible thing to waste.

Amen Mac Town Sista. The best place to hide something from someone is to put it in WRITING!! Even though he was bashed for it, I kinda agree with Bill Cosby when he made the comment about we buy our kids $100 sneakers and we need to be buying them hooked on phonics. I had a student and parent like that before, he was constantly getting into rtouble at school, but mom was constantly taking him shopping, letting him go on basketball trips etc...he never had any consequences for his actions and at the rate he is going he will never get gainful employment to maintain his current lifestyle that his mother has created for him, because hard work and saving and hinestky has not been enstilled in him

Ms Dat. I agree with everything Billy Cosby said and that's because it's the truth and some people had the nerve to get offended. Well, I say the truth hurts doesn't it. If anything, it should have been a wakeup call for many people. It doesn't make sense to defend laziness and ignorance. We are our own worst enemy. The student that you mentioned is in a bad situation and the reason for that is the example he is given. We as parents should learn how to LEAD BY EXAMPLE AND LIVE BY EXAMPLE. I guess it depends on what kind of example you set though. Whatever the example is the result will either be positive or negative.

Good morning to everyone. Ms. Dat, the hardest thing that I had to do this week was to allow my sons drivers permit to be taken away for speeding. I knew that ment a lot of extra work for me, taking him to work, school, and to get a hair cut. However, I told the judge to take them away. I felt that the Lord was probably saving his life. So for six months I am going to be inconvienced but so what. I would like to comment on the importance of reading, I encourage people to read on a daily basis. I taught my son to read everyday. Find something that you are interested in and read, sports, news, what ever, just read.

way to keep your guard up mama!! as parents we have to make those difficult decisions, but they pay off in the long run. he will be mad at you, but he'll get over it and down the line he will appreciate you for it, it may take years for him to realize, but one day he will. YOU ARE A GOOD,NO AWESOME MAMA!!

Good choice Mama and keep up the good work.

First and foremost, we, Black Americans don't always want to complain about money and being the root of all evil. We first must be educated--spell check on all the messages. We want to pretend that we are educated and can't even spell words like "meant" or inconvenience. Check yourself before we try to change the people. It all starts at home. Softball isn't actually a cheap sport either. HMMMMMM

Money these days make people,it will even make the ugliest people look physically good.Anybody that says this is a true statement throw your hands up,Now what the hell Russell Simmons doing Flava flav,and the other creeps.

For those of you who heard it, this is the article Dee Lee was
> reading this morning on a New York radio station. For those of you
> who
> didn't hear it, this is very deep. This is a heavy piece and a
> Caucasian wrote it.

> THEY ARE STILL OUR SLAVES
> We can continue to reap profits from the Blacks without the
> effort of physical slavery. Look at the current methods of
> containment
> that they use on themselves: IGNORANCE, GREED, and SELFISHNESS.
> Their IGNORANCE is the primary weapon of containment. A great
> man once said, "The best way to hide something from Black people is
> to
> put it in a book." We now live in the Information Age. They have
> gained the opportunity to read any book on any subject through the
> efforts
> of
> their fight for freedom, yet they refuse to read. There are numerous
>
> books readily available at Borders, Barnes & Noble, and Amazon.com,
> not to mention their own Black Bookstores that provide solid
> blueprints
> to
> reach economic equality (which should have been their fight all
> along), but few read consistently, if at all.
> GREED is another powerful weapon of containment. Blacks, since
> the abolition of slavery, have had large amounts of money at their
> disposal. Last year they spent 10 billion dollars during Christmas,
> out of their 450 billion dollars in total yearly income (2.22%).
> Any of us can use them as our target market, for any business
> venture we care to dream up, no matter how outlandish, they will buy
>
> into it. Being primarily a consumer people, they function totally by
>
> greed. They continually want more, with little thought for saving or
>
> investing.
> They would rather buy some new sneaker than invest in starting
> a business. Some even neglect their children to have the latest
> Tommy
> or
> FUBU, And they still think that having a Mercedes, and a big house
> gives them "Status" or that they have achieved their Dream.
> They are fools! The vast majority of their people are still in
> poverty because their greed holds them back from collectively making
>
> better communities.
> With the help of BET, and the rest of their black media that
> often broadcasts destructive images into their own homes, we will
> continue to see huge profits like those of Tommy and Nike. (Tommy
> Hilfiger has even jeered them, saying he doesn't want their money,
> and
> look at how the fools spend more with him than ever before!).
> They'll
> continue to show off to each other while we build solid communities
> with the profits from our businesses that we market to them.
> SELFISHNESS, ingrained in their minds through slavery, is one
> of the major ways we can continue to contain them. One of their own,
>
> Dubois said that there was an innate division in their culture. A
> "Talented
> Tenth" he called it. He was correct in his deduction that there are
> segments of their culture that has achieved some "form" of success.
> However, that segment missed the fullness of his work. They didn't
> read that the "Talented Tenth" was then responsible to aid The
> Non-Talented
> Ninety Percent in achieving a better life.
> Instead, that segment has created another class, a Buppie class
> that looks down on their people or aids them in a condescending
> manner. They will never achieve what we have. Their selfishness does
>
> not
> allow
> them to be able to work together on any project or endeavor of
> substance. When they do get together, their selfishness lets their
> egos get in the way of their goal. Their so-called help
> organizations
> seem
> to only want to promote their name without making any real change in
>
> their community.
> They are content to sit in conferences and conventions in our
> hotels, and talk about what they will do, while they award plaques
> to
> the
> best speakers, not to the best doers. Is there no end to their
> selfishness?
> They
> steadfastly refuse to see that TOGETHER EACH ACHIEVES MORE (TEAM)
> They do not understand that they are no better than each other
> because of what they own , as a matter of fact, most of those
> Buppies
> are but one or two pay checks away from poverty. All of which is
> under
> the control of our pens in our r offices and our rooms.
> Yes, we will continue to contain them as long as they refuse to
> read, continue to buy anything they want, and keep thinking they are
>
> "helping" their communities by paying dues to organizations which do
>
> little other than hold lavish conventions in our hotels. By the way,
>
> don't worry about any of them reading this letter, remember, 'THEY
> DON'T READ!!!!
> (Prove them wrong. Please pass this on! After Reading it..)

Yeah right! and Cosby stated similar bull****--go figure!

Please don't pass that white supremacy propaganda bull**** on!

Try reading some real ****!

"The Destruction of Black Civilization
Great issues of a race from 4500 B.C. To 2000 A.D.
by Chancellor Williams."

dig it!

ebonically brilliant and provocative_______________

super d(motordetroit)

...now SUPER D and Ghost...do you all need MORE space ...but good points and facts