BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Save our babies, Please everybody read this

Did anyone see Tyler Perry's family Reunion; intrestingly enough the film dealt with child abuse by family members, and so did T.D. Jakes Woman thou art loosed; Recently I was involved in a case where the victim was 13 years old and she had been repeatedly assaulted by her mother's boyfrien since she was nine years old, but the mother refused to believe the child until she became pregnant with the abusers baby. It is traumatic enough to have a 13 year repeatedly raped by a household member, the parent not believe her, then become pregnant and be forced into an abortion, Our children are suffering this type of abuse every day. My Question is why do women ignore the warning signs, then reject the the child's plea for help are they that desperate to have a man's affection

Re: Save our babies, Please everybody read this

Unfortunately ghost... yes, some are.

Ghost great subject!!!!1

Ghost, bruh, U make a mistake when you classify every one the same or put women in a "box" so to speak! Alot of women would kill that mother no questions asked! This is a tragedy and I have also seen cases where the father has refused to believe his son would do something like that! It's not just women who are desperate for affection turning a blind eye to that situation!

GHOST:>>>A LOT OF WOMEN ARE CAUGHT UP ON PENIS & BILLS. ONE MORE REASON WHY A FATHER IS SUPPOSE TO TRY HARD TO MAKE IT WORK. IT'S SAD THAT KIDS HAVE TO GO THROUGH SH-T LIKE THAT...

The 1's that do turn a blind eye to it, Just like the character on "Woman Thou Art Loosed" needs a swift kick in the @ss! To put it nicely!

That is a great topic. I know someone who was in the same situation. She was constantly abused by her mom's husband and became pregnant twice and forced to have an abortion. With the 2nd pregnancy she finally spoke up to her brothers. She said that he mom would walk in the room while the husband was abusing her and the mom would just walk out and get mad at the husband, but all that would pass when he dropped her some cash. They are going to court about it now but to make it wors the mom is standing by the husbands sad.

I pray for all of our children everday.

sorry for the typos.... I was typing too fast.

They are going to court about it now but to make it worse the mom is standing by the husbands side.

I pray for all of our children everyday.

Jeter i made a similar comment yesterday about the dingaling and the board blasted me...but some are caught up on the D!!!!!1

One of Terry McMillans books also dealt with this issue and it is indeed sad. But as a mother and a woman I aint that desperate for a man or cash that I would turn a blind eye to my child being abused. Me I would shoot him right in the spot, he would live but he would certainly be useless in that department. And if it was my son, then I would just go ahead and write out custody papers to my sister cause they'd be sending me to jail for manslaughter. This world is full of all kinds of sick, disgusting folks and we can but pray for the safety and the happiness of our kids.

Good question ghost. Why do women reject the child's plea for help or ignore the warning signs that are clearly there? I need to ask the men a question, why do they ruin the future of an innocent young child by taking there innocents? As a mother, God knows if my daughter every comes to me with something like that, it's going down[Gangster. I don't care if she is the biggest liar in the world, her claims deserve an investigation. A man doesn't mean that much to me....what's love got to do with it?

As a parent, you should know better than anyone else what's going on with your child(ren). Their moods and temperment, their daily activities, and their feelings (that's if you are keeping the lines of communication open). Your child should not feel they cannot come and talk to you about any and everything. Talk to them and see what's on there minds!

You know ghost, I would like to know the answer to your your question myself. I don't understand why actions aren't taken to defend the child. Why aren't more parents defending and protecting their children. This one hits home for me and when I saw the movie it brought back a lot of memories and I was pulling the trigger along with Kinberly Elise as if I was punishing the person that did it to me.I cried uncontrollably during the movie and afterwards too. If anyone has been through an ordeal like this then you know that the torment that you encounter is for years to come. It's like being trapped in a self imposed prison. Sadly enough, this has happened to many African American women and it is still going on today.

My case wasn't by a parent it was a relative and there was no pregnacy. I was 5 years old at the time. When it was brought to the light he was never prosecuted and though it's many years later I have issues of why I wasn't protected as a child. I feel like my parents failed me. To be frank about it, I'm still angry with them and it's been over twenty years ago!! It's still difficult for me to deal with from time to time but it's a healing process and I know that it's going to take a while but that's why I keep my faith in God...I know that he is going to being me out and deliver me from this.

I have a young son as of now and I always tell him to let me know if ANYBODY tries to touch him no matter who it is. I can't imagine my child going through what I did and I try and take the necessary precautions to avoid the opportunity. We have to be careful who we leave our children with and have an open relationship with them so we are familiar with changes in their behavior. We also have to pray over our children daily and cover them in the blood of Jesus because we can't be with them at all times but at least we can have the rested assurance that they are well in God's hands.

IF YOU DON'T RAISE AND HELP YOUR CHILD KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONGE,OTHERS WILL TEACH THEM THEIR WAY.THINK OF YOURSELF WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG WHERE WAS YOUR MIND AT SAY 9. WHAT DO YOU NEED TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO TEACH STOP BEING SO **** INTROVERED AND TEACH THEM WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT LIFE. NO CHILD IS TO YOUNG TO KNOW!!!! THIER NOT TO YOUNG FOR THING LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN TO THEM.

TYPO INTROVERTED

Mac town sista I feel your pain, one of the reasons i chose this subject was to provide a healing process for someone who was similarly abused as a child, the stolen innocence of a child can never be regained, I pray for you sista and others like you who don't have the courage to speak out about abuse in their lives, it may help someone cope with the nightmare of abuse they suffered as a child and begin the healing process

Thats why I chose to speak up. I use to feel ashamed and embarrassed but later realized that talking about it helped (and it still does) and it could help others as well. I supressed my feelings for years and years and still today I haven't confronted my parents because I didn't want to place blame and cause strain on our relationship but I would like for them to know that I still remember and I still cry...I just want them to know how I feel. My goal now is to help someone else.

Mac-town sista you stay encouraged and dont worry about the rest
You are about to be greatly blessed
Not many have the courage that you have shown
It's a sad thing that happens when kids are alone
Because you spoke out God can and will deliver you
Thank you for helping me and others too
We all need to tell our daughters and sons
I'm sure your not the only one
The word speaks of teaching kids the way in which to go
Why these things happen I do not know
I pray that we all at some point talk to our kids
Encourage others to speak out like Mac-town sista did
Maybe one day we can stop all of this non sene
Maybe one day we can ragain our kids innocense.

Mac town you are a blessing to this board today and to your child because you have share your story and one day this will help someone......but I would like to say to parents....this is going on with boys more in todays society.....I currently work with boys and I wolud say out of 70 boys maybe 25 was molested by moms boyfriend or an uncle and alot of times women but those accusations are not brought to light because of a woman molesting a boy....i guess I'm saying this to say majority of the time the molestation is usually from somebody the family know and trust.......so please be aware of the signs and protect your Family!!!!!1 Sweetie stay STRONG!!!!!1

Mac-town sista, glad you found the courage to talk about your situation, that is definitely a sign of your mental and emotional healing taking place. Many victims feel a sense of guilt about what happened or is happening to them and that shouldn't be. Always know that a child could never do anything to bring on that type of abuse. I tell you, I just don't understand where some people's minds are these days.

The most helpless people in the world or our children and elderly, we have got to protect them! Even if they aren't my own, I can never stand by and knowing let something like this take place. We I became a teacher, I took upon myself to help kids in any way, shape, form or fashion.

Thank you Homecoming, #15, and ghost, everything you have said means a lot. #15 you are right about it happening to boys because not only did it happen to me but also to one of my sisters and brothers...and daddy still doesn't know about what happened to them. I didn't find out about my brother until about six years ago. You know what, the relative that did this to me is now married and has two boys who are preteens and I think about them a lot. I pray that he hasn't touched them. I want so badly to confront him but I am afraid of what may happen during and/or even afterwards. I fear mainly for him because of the rage that I have inside. I'm a better person now and I would hate to revisit those old feelings and emotions. Yet I feel like I owe it to them and myself and then on the other hand I wouldn't want to come and cause trouble in his household. One thing is for sure and that is you reap what you sow and we have to be careful of the seeds that we are sowing because before we leave this place we will reap in some form or fashion. Just pray for all of our children.

Spellcheck "knowingly" and "when"